Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep. That’s why I was thinking 2 months of Saxenda could help me shift 10-20lbs. I need to lose 3 stone altogether but something which tripped my body into weight loss mode would be worth it.

Reactions: 1
Aren't weeks where you don't lose so demoralising 😭 I don't really deserve a loss this week tbh but after years of good/bad disordered food behaviour it's so hard to be resilient.

I started Saxenda last Tuesday and after nearly a week in, no weight lost, no side effects and no appetite suppression. I am wondering if this is purely because I'm still on the lowest dose or if I'm one of the people it just won't work for and I am gutted because I'm at the end of my tether with my weight. I have heard a lot of people say it worked immediately!

For some people it doesn’t start working until the highest dose. Stick with it, following the instructions, and try not to get disheartened. My advice would be is to stick to the lower dose if you are losing as it gets expensive at 3.0

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks for the advice, I will see how it goes as I up the dose but totally agree it's pricey and I'm hoping it does work at a lower dose than 3!

I placed my order of Saxenda last night as my friend has lost 2 stone using it. Excited to start but also a bit nervous. My friend has suffered nausea and so said I should do it at night, does it make any difference what time you do it? I worry if I do it at night I’ll sleep through the effects and then my hunger will return in the day

I placed my order of Saxenda last night as my friend has lost 2 stone using it. Excited to start but also a bit nervous. My friend has suffered nausea and so said I should do it at night, does it make any difference what time you do it? I worry if I do it at night I’ll sleep through the effects and then my hunger will return in the day
I started mine on Monday so only 4 days in at the moment. I’ve been taking it at 8am every day (don’t think you have to do a set time it’s just how I’ve put it into my morning routine) The only time I’ve felt any nausea is when I’ve been due a meal. I’ve rejoined a local nutritionist / fat loss group to help with my binge eating and I have to eat small portioned meals 6 times a day every 2.5-3 hours.

However I’m on a massive calorie drop compared to last week, so although I don’t feel hungry, I think my body is telling me I am and that I need a bit more food and that’s why I’ve felt sick. As soon as I’ve had something it passes. I’ve also stopped having bread and potato's as they are way over my meal allowance for the carb contents so that’s probably a shock to my body too.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

I’ve just started Saxenda today - I took it at 2pm after getting home from Boots because I wanted to get the first needle over and done with to stop myself worrying. Pleased to say it was painless! I plan to take Saxenda in the evenings along with a calorie deficit!

Reactions: 4
Day 6 for me today and I think it’s properly got into my system now. The sulphur burps have started and are off the scale 😂🫢 but mainly I haven’t been hungry at all today and have had to force myself to eat. Totally unheard of for me. Looking forward to week 1 weigh in and hoping it’s a good kick start for me getting my eating on track.

Week 20 I have lost 5lbs which is the biggest loss I've had since my first week woohoo. Not sure how that's happened so will take with a pinch of salt especially in this weather ☀ 2 stone 8lbs total!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just updating as it's now been two weeks since I started. Funny how I moaned about feeling nothing on 0.6 because going up to 1.2 has been a lot more intense! I have been totally uninterested in eating and I've lost 7lbs! Before taking Saxenda it would take me a month to lose 4 and then one day out and I'd gain it all back. I am hopeful a loss will continue on 1.2 for a bit as it's so expensive and I've got 80lbs to lose.

Sending everyone good luck vibes for the coming week!

Reactions: 4
I really want to try this, heard a Dr at hospital talking about it. Is anyone that´s using this just using it for about 10-12KG weight loss?

Congratulations to everyone loosing on Saxenda, I think it can give a head start. I think I may have been silly. BMI was 29, my cosmetics lady spoke about it, it was £150 a pen with weekly clinic. So looked online to online pharma. Got the pen for £65. Was OK on 0.6. Went up to 1.2. God I was ill. No energy and I train alot. Dizzy, sick and it messed my metabolism.
In hindsight for myself. Nothing beats a balanced diet. I learnt the hard way.
Be careful. Nothing beats willpower and being healthy. I train 6 times a week on Peloton and run. My diet is good. I like wine though...... Maybe I'm just a little chunky but funky 🤣
Stay safe everyone and good luck

Congratulations to everyone loosing on Saxenda, I think it can give a head start. I think I may have been silly. BMI was 29, my cosmetics lady spoke about it, it was £150 a pen with weekly clinic. So looked online to online pharma. Got the pen for £65. Was OK on 0.6. Went up to 1.2. God I was ill. No energy and I train alot. Dizzy, sick and it messed my metabolism.
In hindsight for myself. Nothing beats a balanced diet. I learnt the hard way.
Be careful. Nothing beats willpower and being healthy. I train 6 times a week on Peloton and run. My diet is good. I like wine though...... Maybe I'm just a little chunky but funky 🤣
Stay safe everyone and good luck

Hey, what do you mean messed up your metabolism?

I really want to try this, heard a Dr at hospital talking about it. Is anyone that´s using this just using it for about 10-12KG weight loss?
That’s why I started it as was hoping to loose close to that before my holiday. I did really well the first week (6lbs off) and felt like it worked, however the hot weather plus period bloat plus not sleeping has had my eating all over the place. I’ve stupidly skipped meals as I wasn’t hungry but then ate ice creams and ice pops like my life depended on it 😭 weighed in today and I’ve put 2lbs on in 4 days 😭😭😭 so I’ve given myself a good pep talk, meal prepped and will hopefully be resuming normal service today. I can’t afford to have spent all that money on them for me to mess about and it not help.

That’s why I started it as was hoping to loose close to that before my holiday. I did really well the first week (6lbs off) and felt like it worked, however the hot weather plus period bloat plus not sleeping has had my eating all over the place. I’ve stupidly skipped meals as I wasn’t hungry but then ate ice creams and ice pops like my life depended on it 😭 weighed in today and I’ve put 2lbs on in 4 days 😭😭😭 so I’ve given myself a good pep talk, meal prepped and will hopefully be resuming normal service today. I can’t afford to have spent all that money on them for me to mess about and it not help.
Awh yeh last few days were hard on everyone and Im sure youll lose the rest soon enough! Seems like youve got a plan! Good luck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.