Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t get approved for saxenda because I had pancreatitis 20 years ago. Anyone know of any alternatives?

Or, as I only wanted to do it for 2 months, am wondering to go to a different supplier and miss off the pancreatitis. Actually that sounds desperate but then my weight has ballooned so much and is starting to affect me in other ways, I guess I am desperate. 😢

Just been approved by boots for it - really looking forward to getting started!
How long did the approval take? I put an order in yesterday and was hoping to start asap.

My BMI is 42 so need to loose at least 5/6 stone 🥹hoping this gives me a good kick start for a few months. Has Anyone else massively overweight like me tried it? What was your experience with it?

Reactions: 1
How long did the approval take? I put an order in yesterday and was hoping to start asap.

My BMI is 42 so need to loose at least 5/6 stone 🥹hoping this gives me a good kick start for a few months. Has Anyone else massively overweight like me tried it? What was your experience with it?
My BMI was 51 when I started and is now 46 after 18 weeks, loss of 2.5 stone. Being honest I think I was expecting miracles and 3-4lbs a week but for me anyway, that was unachievable. I am averaging 2lb a week and I'm really starting to see differences now. I'm so happy I started it and just got to be patient and keep going!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My BMI was 51 when I started and is now 46 after 18 weeks, loss of 2.5 stone. Being honest I think I was expecting miracles and 3-4lbs a week but for me anyway, that was unachievable. I am averaging 2lb a week and I'm really starting to see differences now. I'm so happy I started it and just got to be patient and keep going!
thanks, I've done all sorts over the years, lost 4 stone in 2018 but then piled it back on plus another 2 stone during lockdown :cry: Lost some of it last year but then I have really struggled since January to stick to anything for more then 1-2 weeks at a time without then binge eating for a week afterwards and regaining what bit I lost. Like a PP I have come into some money so looked at the balloon but the cost was way more than expected and I didnt want to spend everything on just that and that's when I found out about Sax. Spent a few days reading up on it and and finally put the order in yesterday. It was only last night as i was falling asleep i thought "i bet there's a tattle thread" so thanks to heyfever waking me up at 4am i have spent all morning reading the last thread and really wish i had seen it sooner 😂😂 Hoping Iget approved and can start ready to get a few pounds off in time for my holiday's at the end of August (just want to be able to do my jeans up properly before we go instead of having to use a bobble 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What time do you all take your jab at?
I had started taking it earlier out of convenience but feeling much more nauseous so thinking about changing to night time so I sleep that off ?

I couldn’t get approved for saxenda because I had pancreatitis 20 years ago. Anyone know of any alternatives?

Or, as I only wanted to do it for 2 months, am wondering to go to a different supplier and miss off the pancreatitis. Actually that sounds desperate but then my weight has ballooned so much and is starting to affect me in other ways, I guess I am desperate. 😢
Pancreatitis can be fatal, please don’t risk your life to lose weight. I read an article in the BMJ about alternatives to Saxenda, and there’s another injection also used to treat diabetes (as is Saxenda). I’ll try and find the link for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Pancreatitis can be fatal, please don’t risk your life to lose weight. I read an article in the BMJ about alternatives to Saxenda, and there’s another injection also used to treat diabetes (as is Saxenda). I’ll try and find the link for you ❤
Thank you for the voice of common sense. I am finding this situation so depressing. I know there is no miracle cure but I need something to give my own efforts a helping hand.

Thank you for the voice of common sense. I am finding this situation so depressing. I know there is no miracle cure but I need something to give my own efforts a helping hand.
It’s called semaglutide or ozempic and is a weekly jab, not daily. It’s not currently licensed for weightloss in the UK apparently but you can still get it. The link is for a private weight management company but there’s info on semaglutide if you scroll down.

Are you still loosing on that dose? If you are you could try a few clicks back to see if the nausea stops ? X
yes I am still loosing!! I’ll try a few clicks as that helped before on the lower doses. Thank u x

It’s called semaglutide or ozempic and is a weekly jab, not daily. It’s not currently licensed for weightloss in the UK apparently but you can still get it. The link is for a private weight management company but there’s info on semaglutide if you scroll down.

Unfortunately Ozempic is also not recommended for people who have had pancreatitis.

Looks like the only option is Orlistat, which I will never take as the side effects are terrible (also how it works is not great - reacts to the fat).

Weighed this morning and I have lost a total of 26lbs or just under 12kgs since 4th April. I am honestly delighted and feeling great. Started off at 14st 10lbs and this morning I weight 12st 12lbs.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Finally got approved by boots yesterday. Is it usually ready for pick up straight away or will I be notified when it is? I couldn’t see anywhere where it specified.

Has anyone has any problems with their pen because they didn’t check the flow first? I got mine yesterday and the instructions were all in a different language so just sort of guessed what to do 🙈 then realised there were English instructions in the bag but I had already done it without checking the flow 🤷🏼‍♀️

Weighed this morning and I have lost a total of 26lbs or just under 12kgs since 4th April. I am honestly delighted and feeling great. Started off at 14st 10lbs and this morning I weight 12st 12lbs.
That’s brilliant, well done you.

Got my first script today so will be starting Monday. (Off out for a family birthday meal tomorrow so don’t want to start yet just in case of nausea 🤮😉)

Finally got approved by boots yesterday. Is it usually ready for pick up straight away or will I be notified when it is? I couldn’t see anywhere where it specified.
I got approved on Thursday, my messages said I’d get a text from my boots store when it was ready. Hadn’t heard anything yesterday so messaged them on the online service and they gave me the order number for collection and told me to go to store and check with them. I collected it no problem this morning. They were very busy so if I’d have left it to hear from them I think it would have been another day or 2.

Reactions: 2
Unfortunately Ozempic is also not recommended for people who have had pancreatitis.

Looks like the only option is Orlistat, which I will never take as the side effects are terrible (also how it works is not great - reacts to the fat).
My manager lost 2 stone in 3 months taking Orlistat - and her dignity and self respect. She leaked oily poo 24/7 and had to wear the biggest Tena pads available. She couldn’t go out or exercise because the leakage was so bad. Plus once she stopped the tablets, she put the weight straight back on. Definitely not worth it.

I’m going to try controlled eating this coming week and if that’s unsuccessful then I guess I’ll join the Saxenda gang.

I’m so sorry there’s nothing medical to help you. Have you looked into non-invasive gastric procedures like having a gastric balloon inserted?

My manager lost 2 stone in 3 months taking Orlistat - and her dignity and self respect. She leaked oily poo 24/7 and had to wear the biggest Tena pads available. She couldn’t go out or exercise because the leakage was so bad. Plus once she stopped the tablets, she put the weight straight back on. Definitely not worth it.

I’m going to try controlled eating this coming week and if that’s unsuccessful then I guess I’ll join the Saxenda gang.

I’m so sorry there’s nothing medical to help you. Have you looked into non-invasive gastric procedures like having a gastric balloon inserted?
Thanks. That’s why i won’t take Orlistat.

As to a gastric balloon… anyone got £4000 they can spare?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.