Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How are you finding it? I’m day 4 or 5 and was wondering when you actually start to feel the benefits. I was so torn between this and ozempic injections
I’m finding it ok, took a bit of getting used to waiting 30 mins before I can have my breakfast though as I am so used to having something to eat & a coffee as soon as I wake up. Not snacking as much during the day & most days can’t finish a full meal. I don’t seem to have had any side effects from it either.
I had a short break over Christmas & was pleased I only put 2 pound on which I’m sure I’ll get off this week.
Good luck with it

Reactions: 1
Hi all, I am in Ireland and don’t know how to go about getting these injections or a tablet preferable for weight loss ( any suggestions welcome) I have asked my gp to prescribe it and she said no :( my bmi is high but she just outright said no and for me to eat more veg. If only it was that simple eh !! Iv asked twice and both times refused rudely so trying to source it elsewhere but don’t know how to go about it. I’m also looking for a price if anybody knows , I just bought a house so funds are low so hoping it’s not mad money !! any advice appreciated please xx

Reactions: 2
Hi all, I am in Ireland and don’t know how to go about getting these injections or a tablet preferable for weight loss ( any suggestions welcome) I have asked my gp to prescribe it and she said no :( my bmi is high but she just outright said no and for me to eat more veg. If only it was that simple eh !! Iv asked twice and both times refused rudely so trying to source it elsewhere but don’t know how to go about it. I’m also looking for a price if anybody knows , I just bought a house so funds are low so hoping it’s not mad money !! any advice appreciated please xx
You can self refer to the bariatric clinic in St. Vincents Private Hospital. Initial cost is dear due to attending a consultant but worth it IMO as they are experts in the field and will lay out the pros and cons of all the options to help you make an informed decision.

Reactions: 4
You can self refer to the bariatric clinic in St. Vincents Private Hospital. Initial cost is dear due to attending a consultant but worth it IMO as they are experts in the field and will lay out the pros and cons of all the options to help you make an informed decision.
Oh could you provide a link? I was just about to provide a link to Medication Weight Loss Clinic which does online consults in Dublin.

Hmmm. I keep trying to paste and it won't let me. Interesting.

My best weight in Dublin another option. E200 initial consultation with 6 months prescription

Reactions: 4
Do you just ring up and look for an appointment ? So you get pens included in the €200 ? Thank you
A pen for Ozempic is approx €130/140 so any prescription would be in addition to your initial consultation fee of €200.

I'm sorry your GP was not open to letting you trial it even for a month. You could try another local GP perhaps? Although I know even getting on someone else's roster is difficult these days

I went to my gp today in regards to getting the injections. He said that they aren't being rolled out here yet, and that we aren't inline with the rest of the UK. Said he never knew boots was doing them only heard of private clinics prescribing them and didn't even know we could get them here in northern Ireland and seemed very surprised but is happy enough for me to order them. x

Anyone know any good Ozempic suppliers England based. I've just got my first for £120 off manual.co but that was with a discount and it will go up to £190 next month, if you can get them for 140 euros in Ireland surely there must be somewhere cheaper here or is it bloody Brexit driving up the cost 😳😦😦😦

Anyone know any good Ozempic suppliers England based. I've just got my first for £120 off manual.co but that was with a discount and it will go up to £190 next month, if you can get them for 140 euros in Ireland surely there must be somewhere cheaper here or is it bloody Brexit driving up the cost 😳😦😦😦
I got my tablets from numan I didn’t realise it was a men’s health website!! 😂 https://welcome.numan.com/weight-lo...XDHlnO1joQER-AaRwwn-GDTi17G1aLhxoCxUgQAvD_BwE

• Haha
You can get an EU script from Mobidoc after an online consult for €24. I don’t live in ireland anymore so I’m not sure if they will fill it there but it’s worth a try for €24 a month if you’re comfortable with not being monitored in person.

Well my first day on Ozempic and bar a slightly weird chemical taste in my mouth zero side effects 🤯🤯🤯🤯 I'm shocked cos my first week on Saxenda I was sick as a dog

Reactions: 3
day 3 of injections and feeling really good. :) still get a bit hungry in the evenings but I'm trying not to eat then as I think it's more habit and night time snacking rather than hunger.

Has anyone either reached their goal or come off Saxenda by choice and can share how they went about it and whether they managed to maintain or whether they gained weight/how much etc? Did you just stop or did you reduce the dose? Did you have any side effects? I am so close and planning how to do it but I’m really nervous about it so hoping to hear others experiences.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone either reached their goal or come off Saxenda by choice and can share how they went about it and whether they managed to maintain or whether they gained weight/how much etc? Did you just stop or did you reduce the dose? Did you have any side effects? I am so close and planning how to do it but I’m really nervous about it so hoping to hear others experiences.
I'm not there yet but I'm part of a Saxenda group on FB and they said after you're at goal weight you should stay on a maintenance dose of maybe 0.3 every few days for a couple of years after you reach your goal, ill try and find the post.

I came off it temporarily to go on holiday recently and had no side effects!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That’s interesting and sounds sort of like a safety net type thing I guess. I’m really nervous of stopping completely. I’d be really interested if you managed to find the post 😊 I haven’t joined any of the fb groups. This thread and my bf are the only people I talk to about Saxenda 🤣

Ended up hospitalised with pancreatitis and doctors have said the jags are to blame and I am no longer to use them. Blah!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Ended up hospitalised with pancreatitis and doctors have said the jags are to blame and I am no longer to use them. Blah!!!
oh no how are you feeling now, I hope you feel better soon. How long were you on them for/which dose?

are people using alcohol wipes before injecting?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.