Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh no how are you feeling now, I hope you feel better soon. How long were you on them for/which dose?

are people using alcohol wipes before injecting?
Was on them from the end of August and up at 3.0 from around mid-October. Feeling ok but to go back for regular checks. Just my luck as I’d lost about 2.5 stone on them and felt like I had got into a rhythm managing side effects.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Thats tit @TheWitchIsBack sorry to hear you’ve had a rough time. Hope you’re feeling much better now.
I’ve just been reading the mumsnet thread on sax and someone else on there was hospitalised with their gallbladder, but they were told the weight loss caused it rather than the jabs specifically and they could start them again. It’s not worth the risk though if you’ve been told otherwise.

Reactions: 2
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has taken Ozempic or saxenda who has a bmi that is overweight but not over 30? My bmi is 27 but I don’t have a pre-existing health concern but im just not losing weight no matter how hard I try and feeling quite down about it lately. Thanks all

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has taken Ozempic or saxenda who has a bmi that is overweight but not over 30? My bmi is 27 but I don’t have a pre-existing health concern but im just not losing weight no matter how hard I try and feeling quite down about it lately. Thanks all
I take saxenda and my BMI is 27. It applied via boots online dr and was approved in 24 hours 😊

Thank you! I’m definitely going to look more into it then 😊
Yeah definitely look into it. I’ve only just started but like you, I couldn’t lose weight no matter how hard I tried. I had physical causes ruled out (you don’t have to do this, boots just ask a few questions about weight/medical history and medication) so it was more emotional reasons as to why I was overeating. So far it’s been great, the constant feeling of hunger has mostly disappeared, I’m 2lbs down in a week.

Yeah definitely look into it. I’ve only just started but like you, I couldn’t lose weight no matter how hard I tried. I had physical causes ruled out (you don’t have to do this, boots just ask a few questions about weight/medical history and medication) so it was more emotional reasons as to why I was overeating. So far it’s been great, the constant feeling of hunger has mostly disappeared, I’m 2lbs down in a week.
Thank you, 2lbs in a week is amazing! I’ve heard good things about losing weight when taking it!

struggling with insomnia at night, currently inject around 8pm. am o able to change the time to the morning ? so if I injected at 8pm tonight could I inject 7/8am tomorrow ?

struggling with insomnia at night, currently inject around 8pm. am o able to change the time to the morning ? so if I injected at 8pm tonight could I inject 7/8am tomorrow ?
I’d be wary of doing 2 so close together as you’re only giving yourself 12 hours between doses. Could you do todays earlier at say 4pm ish and then the morning one at 7-8 just to give yourself a more even gap between the 3 doses (yesterday, today and tomorrow)?

I’d be wary of doing 2 so close together as you’re only giving yourself 12 hours between doses. Could you do todays earlier at say 4pm ish and then the morning one at 7-8 just to give yourself a more even gap between the 3 doses (yesterday, today and tomorrow)?
I started taking mine in the evening thinking it would combat the night munchies but moved it forward a few hours each day. 10am works well for me now.

How are you lovely lot getting on??

Call me nuts but I find the wishy washy / morning sickness feeling almost reassuring 🤪
I've decided to only go up one click at a time when I think it's not working as well xx

this sounds like a better idea, I work shifts so don;t want to muck it up and thought the night munchies would be less in the evening too.

I've been feeling ok so far except a bit dizzy when I don't eat and a mild weird taste in my mouth.

Have lost 9LBs since last Monday doing slimming world and saxenda (done 4 injections so far)

Reactions: 3
I take mine in the morning when I finish work at about 7/7:30am and then go to bed. It hasn’t stopped me sleeping thankfully. I’ve always done it that way unless I’ve been off work when i sometimes take it a bit later.

I’ve lost 60lbs now since July, and down to a size 12/14 from 22. Even if I only lose 1-2lb a week or maintain for the week I feel the changes in how my clothes are fitting so I know it’s still working. It’s really been life changing for me.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Ended up hospitalised with pancreatitis and doctors have said the jags are to blame and I am no longer to use them. Blah!!!
So sorry to hear this. I hope you’re feeling better. Please can I ask, have you had any prior history of gallstones or pancreatitis before?

Does anyone know how the drug payment scheme works in Ireland? I hear that saxenda has been recently approved for it which is great. Iv googled but its not very clear...my understanding is that it means you now only pay a max of 140e ish per month of prescription meds. Does anyone know how this works on a practical basis? Do you bring a card to pharmacy when getting prescription or pay full amount and then apply for a refund through revenue? I can't seem to find it explained anywhere clearly. I ran.out the other day and I pay 299 for 5 pens so obviously would like to find out if i can avail of this before ordering more. Thanks on advance.

Does anyone know how the drug payment scheme works in Ireland? I hear that saxenda has been recently approved for it which is great. Iv googled but its not very clear...my understanding is that it means you now only pay a max of 140e ish per month of prescription meds. Does anyone know how this works on a practical basis? Do you bring a card to pharmacy when getting prescription or pay full amount and then apply for a refund through revenue? I can't seem to find it explained anywhere clearly. I ran.out the other day and I pay 299 for 5 pens so obviously would like to find out if i can avail of this before ordering more. Thanks on advance.
You apply for a DPS card. everyone in Ireland can apply. Once you get it you bring it to the chemist with your script and you get your monthly drugs for €80. With Saxenda going on the DPS your GP needs to register you on the GP suite and send it to your chemist. You wont get it on the DPS without your GP doing this first.

You apply for a DPS card. everyone in Ireland can apply. Once you get it you bring it to the chemist with your script and you get your monthly drugs for €80. With Saxenda going on the DPS your GP needs to register you on the GP suite and send it to your chemist. You wont get it on the DPS without your GP doing this first.
It's only approved on DPS if you meet strict criteria. A lot of people will still have to pay privately.

It's only approved on DPS if you meet strict criteria. A lot of people will still have to pay privately.

Attachments

T hanks so.much for the replies, really helpful. I didn't know there was criteria attached. I meet BMI criteria but not pre diabetic, thankfully. Its a shame though as my bmi is very high and do find it's helping me but very expensive to sustain.

Do you happen to know has wegovy been approved yet in Irleand or is it being prescribed widely or only in very exceptional circumstances? Ive heard its even more effective. My GP isn't very receptive to this type of think but maybe I'll go in and chat to her....another 70e for that privilege though!

T hanks so.much for the replies, really helpful. I didn't know there was criteria attached. I meet BMI criteria but not pre diabetic, thankfully. Its a shame though as my bmi is very high and do find it's helping me but very expensive to sustain.

Do you happen to know has wegovy been approved yet in Irleand or is it being prescribed widely or only in very exceptional circumstances? Ive heard its even more effective. My GP isn't very receptive to this type of think but maybe I'll go in and chat to her....another 70e for that privilege though!
I think Wegovy was expected to come on stream in the first quarter of this year. Currently patients have to use the lower dose ozempic pens. My gut feeling is that Wegovy will also have strict criteria for public funding.

Hi all, I can’t seem to get any ozempic in Ireland 😭😭😭
The anxiety of it all, I’m piling on the pounds! Has anyone had/ know of the gastric ballon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.