Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola Ruby

I have PCOS which has made me gain a significant amount of weight, I’ve managed to lose a bit of weight over the past year but now the number on the scale won’t budge. I’ve been seeing an endocrinologist who has suggested liraglutide (I think this is the same thing as Saxenda). I’ve been thinking about it a lot over the past few days & would like to give it a try but am suddenly seeing loads about so-called “Ozempic face”, basically where your face gets wrinkly and saggy from the rapid weight loss! Obviously this is the last thing I want to happen! Does anyone have any experience with this? I guess it depends on your age too?

margaretta

VIP Member
Ended up hospitalised with pancreatitis and doctors have said the jags are to blame and I am no longer to use them. Blah!!!
So sorry to hear this. I hope you’re feeling better. Please can I ask, have you had any prior history of gallstones or pancreatitis before?

Serene Serena

VIP Member
No luck at the docs , she said they don’t prescribe them 😢 she said she will refer me to a dieticians instead. I know I can buy the pens myself so I am still thinking about it it’s just the price. Has anyone seen anywhere in Ireland that does them at a good enough price don’t think I could afford €250 a month on top of a mortgage and all other costs going through the roof 💔 has anyone tried tablets before that have worked?
I bought Hoodia tablets once, which were an effective appetite suppressant - I think you can buy them online. I still had to work on my comfort eating though, because I can still eat when I am full up, if I’m upset or down.

I've put on 3 pounds over the past two weeks being so constipated and been emotionally eating again so don't feel as full. I'm on 3mg so max dose now and don't know if I'm just getting used to the drug. :/

My advice is don’t have a break. I had one after a 5 month stall, gained a good few pounds. I’m back on at 1.2 (second week) and stalling at the new weight!!

I’d rather be stalling at the old weight!

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
How long have you been off it if you’re on day 2 again? It may take longer or a higher dose to feel any effects of it.

I’ve bought extra needles from chemist direct. They were about £4 IIRC. I’ve never actually used any of them though. It’s a shame we can’t pm because I could have just sent you a box. I’ve got 2 spare as I bought one when I started and I was sent one with an order.

Ellamay87

VIP Member
I'm on 1.2 around 5 days and I'm really hungry. What the hell is wrong with me. Did great the first week or two but hunger has definitely returned. I'm going to try increase I guess but not to 1.8 as scared of side effects so might try 1.2 plus a few clicks tomorrow morning. Any advice?

janedoughball

Hi all, I can’t seem to get any ozempic in Ireland 😭😭😭
The anxiety of it all, I’m piling on the pounds! Has anyone had/ know of the gastric ballon?

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Second week on Ozempic and I’m down 2lbs. I’m still at the lowest dose. I’m supposed to do another two weeks at this dose. I was thinking of moving up early since I’m already used to the Sax version of the drug.
Be interested to hear if you move up quicker. I’ve got my Ozempic ready to roll once I’ve finished my last pen of Sax. Im on 3mg of Sax so was wondering whether I would need to move up the dose of O quicker

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Fun fact - I’m terrified of needles. But injecting myself with saxenda isn’t so bad. The needle is really tiny
where do you even inject yourself? like can you feel yourself doing it? i just feel like i’d hesitate too much and make it into such a big thing! if it was a tablet i’d take it 😂

janedoughball

Hi guys,

Gp very reluctantly put me on ozempic…. I’m delighted yet super anxious re shortage! He only gave me 4 weeks and then I have to come back to him for another 4 week at same dosage before he will put me on higher,,. So 8 weeks at 0.25mg?
Any tips ladies? Should I take tonight or wait till morn?
Thanks all

bcfc999

Chatty Member
I'm waiting for either my GP surgery or weight loss clinic to be licensed for saxenda - my GP works at both and she thinks I'd be a good candidate, so fingers crossed! I'm loving reading all of your experiences with it.