Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped using Saxenda in August after using it for 6 months. Having spent £1,500 I felt I needed to stop as just couldn't justify paying £250 a month. When I came off it I weaned backwards - so went from the high dosage back down to the minimum dosage on a weekly basis. Since I came off my appetite has increased but I'm trying to make sure I stay around the 80kg mark - so far so good. It's the alcohol that is the worse for me!

Reactions: 7
Having a bit of a bad few days with Sax now. Been on 3mg for a few weeks with no issues. Just have zero appetite whatsoever, only managed a rich tea biscuit yesterday. Today I went out for lunch - had 3 bites and a glass of water and then threw up quite spectacularly (v posh area!) on the way back to the car 😳 now I’m gagging every time I speak. This is how I was when I went to 1.8mg for the first 10ish days. Not sure I can hack a few more days of this but don’t know what to do re side effects.

I’ve got a huge meeting with my ‘new’ boss tomorrow - he took over at the start of the year and I’ve yet to meet him, but he’s coming in tomorrow to meet me and my team. Can’t really go vomming on his shoes over a cuppa or gagging mid sentence like I am today. Help 😩😂

Reactions: 1
I've been lurking this thread for a while now I've just ordered my first pen - I will probably buy more but I'm a nauseous person anyway so I want to try the one and see how I get on. I've been finding even eating healthy and exercising, I end up overeating either at night, or just eating rubbish. I'm hoping this will sway me. It's so much harder to lose weight now I'm in my 30s 😫 I am 82kg which is my highest weight ever, I hate how my clothes fit. I'm only 5ft 2 so it shows.

Reactions: 2
If you don’t mind can you tell me how the process went with better weight clinic ? My own gp won’t prescribe it says they don’t know enough about it .. was it a face to face meeting etc ? Thanks 😊

QUOTE="caremum, post: 9833543, member: 333258"]
Hi girls, an Ozempic user here. Managed to duck up a whole pen in doing the injection wrong. So really at week 1. I got my perscription from better weight clinic. Absolutely no problem but E200 for appointment. Big issue was no demo in using the pen. Feel horrendous. Haven't been this ill since I was pregnant. Comes in waves. But apart from messed up month am now down 5 lbs in 6 days. Thrilled. SW is 194 lbs. GW is 161. But that is a long term goal. December maybe. I am making baby goals. It didn't creep up overnight so I need to be realistic especially at my age as at 52 nothing works. I do weight training twice a week. Looking for all the tips to get there.
[/QUOTE]
waiting list is pretty depressing. E200 for initial consultation (I had to give him some additional medical info). 3 months perscription and then back to him and a 6 month consultation which cost E100. Ozempic is E120 - E150 p.m. depending on chemist. supply is difficult but do try and go for it. I'm down 40 lbs, Feel great

I’m on my 5th day of saxenda. Lowest dose. To be honest I haven’t felt any effects at all…I’m worried this means I won’t have any success. No side effects, but similarly no feeling of being satiated when I eat. We’ll see how weigh in day goes. Not hopeful. Has anyone had any experience of a slow start with little to no side effects/effects in the first week?

I’m on my 5th day of saxenda. Lowest dose. To be honest I haven’t felt any effects at all…I’m worried this means I won’t have any success. No side effects, but similarly no feeling of being satiated when I eat. We’ll see how weigh in day goes. Not hopeful. Has anyone had any experience of a slow start with little to no side effects/effects in the first week?
Seems everyone reacts differently and some people don’t start to see results till they progress through the doses. Hopefully weigh in brings a pleasant surprise but if not then try 1.2 and see if that helps

• Heart
I’m the other way , amazing result at start and I’ve plateaud lol haven’t made it to 3 yet but am
Coming up being on it for 3 months . Have lost a stone and a half though .

well, today has been a lot different for me. No negative side effects (thank goodness), but I am so full from the smallest amounts of food....I hope this is the saxenda beginning to take effect. fingers crossed anyway!

Reactions: 3
1lb away from a stone, was mean to be full dose from sunday but there was a delay in my delivery so ill up it this sunday instead, hopefully from there itll be more consistant,

Reactions: 4
Extremely nauseous today 🫠 more so then I did previously I think? I got off lightly last time but feel like I could 🤢 luckily I haven’t yet! Feeling full though which is great 😌 was worried it wouldn’t be the same second time round

Hello!
Following this thread - just ordered pending Dr review. Does anyone here have an under active thyroid? I’m active - exercise regularly but literally find it so hard to lose weight! X

Ive not moved up from 1 keep going between 0.6 and 1 .. still have massively reduced appetite and can’t finish a meal. Still wanting to eat crap now and again but no where near as much … losing lots of inches will weigh in December. Started 5 weeks ago, but only took measurements and weighed on 1st Nov… forgot to take it 2 days (not consecutive) didn’t feel hungry, didn’t realise till later I hadn’t actually injected that morning.

I’ve had a bit of a blip this weekend away for the weekend and eating a bit more crap than usual but ready to get back to plan tomorrow. On 1.8 now and already stressed to make sure I can afford more pens as only one left now

Is anyone using oral semaglutide? I couldn’t source the pens so trying it. Felt a bit tired and nausea for a couple of days now just not hungry? Not thinking about food? Which is kind of amazing as I’m food obsessed and struggle with binging.

I’m only on 3mg so far, would be brilliant if this works.

Happy Monday - starting my sax journey today! Thanks in advance for all the tips etc about handling the side effects - hopefully there will be none but prepared! X

Reactions: 5
Me again! Just wondering if any of you follow the Fast 800 diet whilst taking Sax but with a few more cals thrown in. I’m kind of thinking they will be healthy & full of good stuff?

Me again! Just wondering if any of you follow the Fast 800 diet whilst taking Sax but with a few more cals thrown in. I’m kind of thinking they will be healthy & full of good stuff?
My side effects were so tit to start with I just ate whatever I could face but have started calorie counting now I’m up at 3.0 and they’ve become less horrible. I’m sure it’ll be different for everyone but I find any sort of pasta or bread makes me so gassy and I end up with trapped wind so I’m naturally eating less carbs and just trying to stick to protein and veg and I’m not as hungry for snacks. Yoghurts have been a god send too.

Hey! I’m on week two now. Upped to 1.2 for my dose. So far I’ve lost 3kg…I’m actually really pleased with that as I didn’t think I was feeling anything from it. Beginning to feel a little nausea now. But excited to see potential results

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.