Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone find that sometimes when you pull the needle out of you that a pearl of the liquid appears at the needle? I do the injection, hold for 6 secs and then I hold for another 6 just to be safe and it still happens. I’m so worried about wasting it as it’s so expensive I usually just keep stabbing the needle back into my stomach until no liquid is on the needle anymore 🙈
I would recommend to prep the needle by pressing a little bit about before using the actual dose to get the air out of the needle.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone find that sometimes when you pull the needle out of you that a pearl of the liquid appears at the needle? I do the injection, hold for 6 secs and then I hold for another 6 just to be safe and it still happens. I’m so worried about wasting it as it’s so expensive I usually just keep stabbing the needle back into my stomach until no liquid is on the needle anymore 🙈
That's normal 😊

Maybe I shouldnt have started when finishing a night shift and starting my period. I feel so jetlagged.
Only symptoms so far are a pit in my stomach and a very dry mouth.

Had an embarrassing incident today because of side effects 🙈. I was super nauseous but battling through to get my son to nursery and then on to work and ended up having to vomit in a bin in the middle of town in front of a bus full of people!! 🙈 a woman came to help me and I was so embarrassed I lied and said it was morning sickness.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Had an embarrassing incident today because of side effects 🙈. I was super nauseous but battling through to get my son to nursery and then on to work and ended up having to vomit in a bin in the middle of town in front of a bus full of people!! 🙈 a woman came to help me and I was so embarrassed I lied and said it was morning sickness.
Oh you poor thing! How are you feeling now?

This morning saw me hit my 28lb loss after 4 months on saxenda. I am absolutely delighted - I have never been able to sustain weight loss for any time previously. In that time, I have been away on holiday/short breaks 4 times , had several weddings and plenty of nights out and in with friends. To make it to a whole 28lbs despite all that is honestly so huge for me. I would like to drop another 14lbs and see how I feel then. Still, my main side effect is constipation - once I am down another stone I am planning on coming off saxenda and maintaining with calorie counting.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This morning saw me hit my 28lb loss after 4 months on saxenda. I am absolutely delighted - I have never been able to sustain weight loss for any time previously. In that time, I have been away on holiday/short breaks 4 times , had several weddings and plenty of nights out and in with friends. To make it to a whole 28lbs despite all that is honestly so huge for me. I would like to drop another 14lbs and see how I feel then. Still, my main side effect is constipation - once I am down another stone I am planning on coming off saxenda and maintaining with calorie counting.
Well done that’s amazing!!

Is anyone using this for the second time after a break? I originally lost around 2st a year ago but after going back on a medication renowned for weight gain I've put it nearly all back on. I started Saxenda again about a week ago so I'm still on 0.6mg and it hasn't done anything to stop my appetite or make me feel fuller. First time around it worked from day one and I could barely manage to finish a starter when I went out for dinner. I really hope it'll work again.

I’m on my 4th go with it - I’m having ivf so I stop everytime I start my treatment, it takes a few days to kick in but it does work for me

I've lost 5kg in 4 weeks. I'm in always a slow loser but barely getting any excercisr as I've broken my leg and waiting for the 2nd surgery to fix it. No gym and comfort eating caused me to balloon after keeping slim for a couple of years now. Nothing wrong with being bigger but I just go massive around my tummy and face with skinny legs lol

I’m on my 4th go with it - I’m having ivf so I stop everytime I start my treatment, it takes a few days to kick in but it does work for me
Thank you, I did wonder if it was just going to take longer to kick in this time. I think I'll do another week of 0.6mg.
Good luck on your IVF journey!

Is anyone using this for the second time after a break? I originally lost around 2st a year ago but after going back on a medication renowned for weight gain I've put it nearly all back on. I started Saxenda again about a week ago so I'm still on 0.6mg and it hasn't done anything to stop my appetite or make me feel fuller. First time around it worked from day one and I could barely manage to finish a starter when I went out for dinner. I really hope it'll work again.
I’m using it the second time after 6 months off and it definitely does not work the same second time round for me. It takes the very edge off of hunger but nothing like it did before, I couldn’t eat half a meal before where as I can still eat full meals and get hungry a lot so it’s more mind over matter. Very annoying as I want to lose another 2 stone+ to get to my goal weight. I’ve only lost like 2lb in 2.5 weeks

I’m using it the second time after 6 months off and it definitely does not work the same second time round for me. It takes the very edge off of hunger but nothing like it did before, I couldn’t eat half a meal before where as I can still eat full meals and get hungry a lot so it’s more mind over matter. Very annoying as I want to lose another 2 stone+ to get to my goal weight. I’ve only lost like 2lb in 2.5 weeks
I'm sorry to hear it's not working as well the second time around for you, this is what I'm afraid of. I have managed to overeat a couple of times though and made myself feel very sick so I guess it's working a bit but like you nothing like before. The first time around I never went above 1.8mg but I think I will this time. Thank you for sharing.

I'm sorry to hear it's not working as well the second time around for you, this is what I'm afraid of. I have managed to overeat a couple of times though and made myself feel very sick so I guess it's working a bit but like you nothing like before. The first time around I never went above 1.8mg but I think I will this time. Thank you for sharing.
I was the same, the first time I never went over 1.8 and lost nearly 2 stone in the first 8 weeks. My side effects were much stronger last time as well, I only stopped because I completely plateaued for weeks. Thankfully I’ve managed to keep the weight off but I still have more to lose so just need to keep trying! Hope it goes well for you

12lbs down in 3 weeks. The only side effect I’m struggling with is the insomnia. I feel so tired all the time - but also have loads of energy. It’s really strange. Even went for a run this morning which is unheard of for me. I feel like I could fall asleep any minute but also like I’ve just downed a monster and eaten a bag of sweets 😂

I also find I’m gagging a lot, even though I don’t feel sick often and I’ve only been sick once (which didn’t actually make me gag beforehand?!). Does anyone else find that? I can just be talking to someone or eating something and find I gag out of nowhere.

The constipation is the main side effect for me 🙈🙈🙈 driving me mad and feel so bloated, ordered some fybogel to try and help but I am 31lbs down now so it’s worth it I guess!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The constipation is the main side effect for me 🙈🙈🙈 driving me mad and feel so bloated, ordered some fybogel to try and help but I am 31lbs down now so it’s worth it I guess!
I am exactly the same. The only thing I’ve found works any is to consistently take Mag07 - can buy it from Amazon. I ran out last week and have really felt the difference.

I am exactly the same. The only thing I’ve found works any is to consistently take Mag07 - can buy it from Amazon. I ran out last week and have really felt the difference.
I’ve got some actually, do you take it everyday to keep regular? I need to get in the habit of taking it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.