Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I came off it for 2 weeks ago mainly due to the cost, felt guilty spending money on it. My appetite came back and I am eating much more. Not weighed myself but probably put 5lbs back on.
Has anyone come off it and kept the weight off?

I’ve got Saxenda through weight management clinic at the hospital. I’ve had to stop it because I just feel so nauseous all the time! I’m going to restart it soon, see if it is better then but my god it’s not agreed with me. Gutted as I feel like it’s such a huge opportunity

I’ve got Saxenda through weight management clinic at the hospital. I’ve had to stop it because I just feel so nauseous all the time! I’m going to restart it soon, see if it is better then but my god it’s not agreed with me. Gutted as I feel like it’s such a huge opportunity
To those of you who have gotten it from your GP or through a weight management clinic at hospitals, does this mean you don’t pay for it/pay prescription prices instead of the full price? Just curious. I’ve discussed with my endocrine speaking to the weight management team but I’m not sure how beneficial it would be

Reactions: 1
Sorry to jump on this thread but can I please ask what people’s exit strategies are for coming off it? I am keen to try it and would hope to lose a few stones by Christmas but what happens if and when you reach your target? Do you start dropping the dose gradually or do you just stop? Sorry if it’s been discussed already, I did trawl through some of the previous pages and couldn’t see anything mentioned. Well done to all of you who have had fab losses so far!

Hi all,

I have been using Saxenda for a few weeks now, on 0.9ml and was losing weight and feeling good. I took a week off due to going on holiday and re-started back on 0.6 on Tuesday - I’m feeling absolutely nothing. I still have a huge appetite, it’s not been suppressed at all. I’ve not even got any of the negative side effects I have having before e.g. dry mouth/tiredness. I’ve checked the pen and it’s still working and it’s been less than 30 days since I opened it.

Any ideas what’s happened? Perhaps I’m being impatient and it will take a few more days to take effect.

Thanks!

Hi folks. I started couple of days ago, did my first shot on Weds night, felt very full all day yesterday when I woke and was struggling to eat but are a pretty big dinner last night and was worried that I should have but felt fine after. Now I did feel extremely tired all day yesterday which worried me as I could barely function in work and couldn't keep that up long term. Did 2nd shot last night and feel fine today....satisfied but not overly full. HD 2 cups of coffee this morning and just had my first food today, a protein yoghurt with some granola in. I'd definitely usually be hungrier by now. I'm going to a family wedding tomorrow so thinking about skipping tonights shot and perhaps tomorrow's and I'm really worried about feeling crap tomorrow and if I did tomorrow nights shot that I would be sick after eating or drinking at the wedding etc. Its a rare occasion so don't want to be worrying about running to the loo. Plan on going back on it Sunday but maybe I will do the shot tomorrow night, just concerned how I would react after wedding food and wine etc.

To the lady that asked above about coming off, I believe you can just stop whenever. Obviously likely to gain weight back but I suppose this is used to try change your approach to food etc.

Hi all,

I have been using Saxenda for a few weeks now, on 0.9ml and was losing weight and feeling good. I took a week off due to going on holiday and re-started back on 0.6 on Tuesday - I’m feeling absolutely nothing. I still have a huge appetite, it’s not been suppressed at all. I’ve not even got any of the negative side effects I have having before e.g. dry mouth/tiredness. I’ve checked the pen and it’s still working and it’s been less than 30 days since I opened it.

Any ideas what’s happened? Perhaps I’m being impatient and it will take a few more days to take effect.

Thanks!
Sounds like you may need to up the dose potentially, I took a week off and it was super frustrating having to start from the beginning again, I only really started feeling it working again from 1.8ish

To those of you who have gotten it from your GP or through a weight management clinic at hospitals, does this mean you don’t pay for it/pay prescription prices instead of the full price? Just curious. I’ve discussed with my endocrine speaking to the weight management team but I’m not sure how beneficial it would be
I pay for it same price as a prescription, the last time I got 3 boxes of 5 pens though.

Just placed an order with Boots.
I was only able to use the treatment for 2 weeks last time as the sulphur burps and vomiting were rough on 1.2mg.

Will increase more gradually this time 🤞🏼

Reactions: 2
Can anyone suggest somewhere I can buy more needles please? Looking online they seem to be out of stock everywhere

Can anyone suggest somewhere I can buy more needles please? Looking online they seem to be out of stock everywhere
Amazon do them, not sure if they’re loads more expensive there. You want to look for insulin pen needles 4mm 32g

I just looked and simple online pharmacy have them, not sure if you can order without a consultation but worth a try

• Heart
On 0.6 for five 5 days now, skipped a day on middle as had a family wedding and was worried I'd be sick. I feel like it's not fully working....I feel a bit more full be definitely still eating away. Maybe it will come in time. Very concerned about moving up at the weekend though....some people's experiences are awful.

On 0.6 for five 5 days now, skipped a day on middle as had a family wedding and was worried I'd be sick. I feel like it's not fully working....I feel a bit more full be definitely still eating away. Maybe it will come in time. Very concerned about moving up at the weekend though....some people's experiences are awful.
Try increasing the ‘clicks’ gradually over a few days until you’re at 1.2mg. It will help reduce the side effects if you slowly build up the dose.

A few observations from my first while on Saxenda as my experiences seem to be a bit different from others:

- I am still definitely hungry but it’s a nice hunger that makes me look forward to a nice dinner rather than ravenous where I’ll pick at rubbish before a meal. I assume this is what normal people feel like that dont
- I am not snacking whatsoever
- I have always had a sweet tooth and I’ve barely eaten a single sweet thing since starting - no chocolate whatsoever and no sweets
- I am extremely thirsty and drinking a lot of water and tea
- My breath is bloody terrible 😂
- I am sick when I don’t eat for more than 12 hours but if I stick to meal times I have absolutely no side effects apart from the bad breath
- Where I’ve dieted before I’ve constantly been thinking about food in terms of planning meals, thinking in advance about dinners etc but I find I’m barely thinking about food at all

Overall about 10lbs down in just over a week which is decent going and long may it continue.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.