Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hereforalaugh38

I meant to add I’ve finally broken through my previous lowest weight woo! Half a stone until the next stone bracket and I’m hopeful! We don’t have too many social engagements coming up which makes things easier. All the sickness makes it worth it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Dub2020

I've been on ozempic since May. Little bit of nausea over the first few weeks, couple days of the eggy burps but overall found it very tolerable with almost zero side effects now. If I start getting a hint of queasiness now it's usually a sign I've gone too long without eating amd once I eat it disappears immediately.

Weight loss has been slow but steady. I did increase the doses more slowly than usual as I ran out of a prescription and had to ration my pen. I've lost over 12kg which I'm happy with, especially since my diet could be a lot better. I'm full quicker, satisfied for longer, and think about food far far less. The ability to think rationally about food without a constant desire to eat is the most satisfying part for me. Several times I've had a craving so purchased the item but by that stage the craving has passed and the food has sat in my kitchen for days or weeks until the craving hits again.

I like that it doesn't totally override natural fluctuations in diet. I still have days I'm more or less hungry. I'm due my period tomorrow and total I could not be filled and ate way more than usual. The first couple months I panicked on these days thinking it had stopped working but now I recognise the pattern.

Reactions: 8

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Good luck to those starting out. I hope it works for you 😊 it’s the best thing I’ve ever done and I’m really glad I chose to put myself first for once.

Reactions: 7

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’m just over 60lbs down since July. I haven’t weighed for a couple weeks (battery ran out on the scales 😂) so it’s probably a little more as my clothes are feeling looser than when I last weighed. Also a 22 down to a 12/14.

Sounds like it’s working great for you! If the needing the loo more is 💩 then be aware that will probably slow right down. Lots of the ladies on this thread need a little something to help it along. But keeping on top of water will definitely help that.
When you say no side effects do you mean none of the nasty ones (sickness, headaches etc) or not feeling full quickly?

• Heart

SingingMonkeyTunes

14 weeks in and I've lost 24lbs. I'm so happy with my progress 😁

I've just come back from a weeks holiday and lost 2lbs! I didn't drink much but did eat out a lot & have 2 takeaways but due to reduce appetite I must of still be in a calorie deficit.

• Heart

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
I stopped using Saxenda in August after using it for 6 months. Having spent £1,500 I felt I needed to stop as just couldn't justify paying £250 a month. When I came off it I weaned backwards - so went from the high dosage back down to the minimum dosage on a weekly basis. Since I came off my appetite has increased but I'm trying to make sure I stay around the 80kg mark - so far so good. It's the alcohol that is the worse for me!

brandambassador

VIP Member
Spoke to my GP this week (ah listen I am a nightmare patient as I have MS & we are at the start of surrogacy also) as I am unhappy with my weight and Saxenda or Ozempic are not options for me. She said other meds are being trialled also and hoping in Jan there might be a trial weight loss drug for people with neurological issues.

Reactions: 6

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
8 week weigh in today and I’m 1.5st down - losing steadily and consistently. The side effects are lessening and the jump up to 2.4 was the least bad out of them all, still being sick after certain foods (red meat and anything rich) but just trying to eat better and not overdo it.

I get really full quickly and just stop eating the minute I feel full which I suppose is what normal people would do instead of eating through the discomfort. 😂 I also don’t feel the urge to snack and a decent meal will see me through for the whole day without any sort of hunger.

It’s been pretty life changing so far but hoping that continues and I don’t get resistant to it. Just about to up to 3.0! Wish me luck. 💪🏼

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
This is probably a really daft question but for those of us who boredom eat/emotionally eat/binge eat etc, how do you not do that when using saxenda? What do you do at the times you'd have eaten now as that kind of eating isn't driven by hunger in the same way.
For me, I’m just not hungry so don’t think about boredom eating. And if I do I’m full really quickly.

Wotsit

VIP Member
My BMI was 51 when I started and is now 46 after 18 weeks, loss of 2.5 stone. Being honest I think I was expecting miracles and 3-4lbs a week but for me anyway, that was unachievable. I am averaging 2lb a week and I'm really starting to see differences now. I'm so happy I started it and just got to be patient and keep going!
thanks, I've done all sorts over the years, lost 4 stone in 2018 but then piled it back on plus another 2 stone during lockdown :cry: Lost some of it last year but then I have really struggled since January to stick to anything for more then 1-2 weeks at a time without then binge eating for a week afterwards and regaining what bit I lost. Like a PP I have come into some money so looked at the balloon but the cost was way more than expected and I didnt want to spend everything on just that and that's when I found out about Sax. Spent a few days reading up on it and and finally put the order in yesterday. It was only last night as i was falling asleep i thought "i bet there's a tattle thread" so thanks to heyfever waking me up at 4am i have spent all morning reading the last thread and really wish i had seen it sooner 😂😂 Hoping Iget approved and can start ready to get a few pounds off in time for my holiday's at the end of August (just want to be able to do my jeans up properly before we go instead of having to use a bobble 😂)

• Heart

MISSMURDER

i started saxenda last monday and yesterday i had lost 6lb, iv had no cravings and only felt slightly hungry on day 2

caremum

VIP Member
Hi all.
Picked up my pens today ready to start tonight.
I’m a little nervous as I’ve read about the side effects but I guess I’ll never know til I start!
My question is, is the the weight loss slower if you have less to lose?! I would ideally like to lose around 2 stone and and was hoping it would be a steady drop. I can see some have lost +++ in the first weeks and others a little bit slower.
Are there any tips / advice / avoids that people are happy to share?
Thanks so much!
I started at 194 lbs. Its taken 17 weeks to loose 30 lbs. I was on a foreign holiday and have had some big occasions where I've eaten out. It's slow bit I am so delighted now. People are noticing and fitting back into clothes

caremum

VIP Member
Hi girls, an Ozempic user here. Managed to fuck up a whole pen in doing the injection wrong. So really at week 1. I got my perscription from better weight clinic. Absolutely no problem but E200 for appointment. Big issue was no demo in using the pen. Feel horrendous. Haven't been this ill since I was pregnant. Comes in waves. But apart from messed up month am now down 5 lbs in 6 days. Thrilled. SW is 194 lbs. GW is 161. But that is a long term goal. December maybe. I am making baby goals. It didn't creep up overnight so I need to be realistic especially at my age as at 52 nothing works. I do weight training twice a week. Looking for all the tips to get there.

• Heart

coleywoley

Week 9 results - 1.5lbs off giving me a total loss of 21.5lbs so far 🥳. Was away on a 5 day hen as well so doubly chuffed to have lost this week.

• Heart

SingingMonkeyTunes

How long did the approval take? I put an order in yesterday and was hoping to start asap.

My BMI is 42 so need to loose at least 5/6 stone 🥹hoping this gives me a good kick start for a few months. Has Anyone else massively overweight like me tried it? What was your experience with it?
My BMI was 51 when I started and is now 46 after 18 weeks, loss of 2.5 stone. Being honest I think I was expecting miracles and 3-4lbs a week but for me anyway, that was unachievable. I am averaging 2lb a week and I'm really starting to see differences now. I'm so happy I started it and just got to be patient and keep going!

• Heart

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
So I've finished my 3 pens and lost half a stone. I need to lose 3 stone so not a bad start tbh. Could I have lost that without Sax? Yes, definitely. Sax made me feel full constantly, like to the point of nausea. So it stopped me eating BUT it also stopped me going to the gym. On the days I did go I became quite unwell, headache,dizzy etc, as I clearly hadn't eaten enough.

So overall I'm glad I tried it, but I'm more glad it's over and can get back to normal. Also on the plus side I found drinking water helped and ive continued to keep hydrated since it finished.

Good luck everyone!

• Heart
When there is a new thread, it’s worth having “Ozempic” in the title too as a few of us take it instead of Saxenda. Maybe by the thread after that Wegovy will have hit the UK pharmacies. Here’s hoping anyway!

Has anyone got ozempic in the UK from an online pharmacy?
my-bmi.co.uk with discount code Starter30 which got it down to about 130 pounds.

I decided against Saxenda as I will probably forget to inject daily and Ozempic is a weekly injection. I started this week and have seen an immediate reduction in my appetite, which is a first for me.

Side effects so far are feeling naueous, similiar to very early morning sickness, and constipation but not terrible.

Too early to tell how much I've lost, I'll weigh-in weekly to track my progress.

Last edited: