Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emma3663

I always liked Sam and Nic. As a woman (then a teen) who’s mother passed away very young and not having a female role in my life, I stumbled across Pixiwoo at a time in my life when I needed them most. I learned how to do make up from them and as said, as someone who didnt have a mother or any females in her life, I felt almost like I was learning make up from my mum/big sister and like I still had those special moments like most do growing up, watching their mum apply make up and etc. It may sound cringe to some but that was genuinely how they made me felt. I messaged Sam and Nic a few years back to tell them this, and whilst I wasn’t expecting much of a response back it was a very heartfelt and emotional message thanking them for what they had done for me without even knowing - Sam read the message and never responded and Nic just said something along the lines of - oh that’s lovely. Now, don’t get me wrong, I wasnt expecting a gushing message back etc but I did feel very put out at the response or lack of on Sams part. If I was them and someone had sent the message I did, I would feel SO humbled and honoured to have helped someone in that way! Since then I don’t follow or keep up with them anymore.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
YouTube is lucrative. They made loads from that, I assume. I say fair play to them both because they are having a rest. They both had a few really hectic years where they were working flat out, travelling all over doing documentaries, doing a book and designing brushes. They may still be doing make up courses too as they had their own school. I think you are being incredibly harsh about Sam, she was the oldest child in a house beset with domestic violence. I'm not surprised she comes across as brittle because that upbringing affects the whole of your life.

Reactions: 31

Jjoo

She’s done a story today where she donated one of her millions of beauty advent calendars to two of her most kiss-arse followers. So she’s obviously been snooping on here. Shame she had to be prompted to be generous. Also whined about being sent £100 worth of beauty products because the box sprayed her with a handful of confetti. So tone deaf and ungrateful. Imagine having no concept of how others are suffering financially or otherwise at the moment. Imagine an NHS nurse or carer receiving the same gift & how much that gesture might mean to them? I wish these PR companies would abandon these influencers & give them to people who would genuinely enjoy them. I’d get much more pleasure seeing that than someone complaining that they have to hoover two pieces of confetti up from their £10k kitchen after being sent free stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

davidsdead

VIP Member
Did anyone watch sams live before? Literally told people to fuck off and stop being nosey. Said she didn’t give a shit if people bought her recommendations or not, like wtf 🙈🙈 and several other really harsh comments... don’t know what’s going on with her but YOU decided to go live. It’s like she resents the interest in her life but won’t truly take herself offline? Why go live or use that account at all if you’re just gonna talk to people like shit? Also said she wouldn’t teach because people are more interested in her personal life than they are make up. Ok Madonna.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

littlepup

VIP Member
Now, I hope I don't sound horrible but on one hand it's great that Sam posted these on the suicide prevention day but maybe she shouldn't have posted pictures in which she was making herself look even smaller with angles, it kind of defeats the message of the post? (Maybe I am just mean 'cause she annoys me these days). Any thoughts on these Stories in general?

View attachment 240374
View attachment 240375
View attachment 240376
View attachment 240377
View attachment 240378
I think this came off well. It absolutely said She didn’t care if She lived or died yet look at me pretending, you’d never know. And people fell for it, they didn’t know, it’s eay to fool people or for them not to see.. ‘It’s easy to fake living your life‘ - it’s absolutely true. People expect to look for someone who won’t get out of bed, stopped taking care of themselves but the reality is that people get up everyday and go to work, get dinner with family then one day drive to the train tracks instead of driving home. So many depression posts depict someone with their head in their hands or sitting on the floor of the shower, but that’s not what it is. It’s going on holiday and taking flattering selfies but feeling like a shell and I think it’s great that she pointed this out.
One of the most real suicide posts I’ve seen.

Reactions: 26

Jjoo

My partner and I don’t buy each other Christmas presents because after buying everyone else we wouldn’t be able to afford it. But I’m happy with that, during lockdown we had no outside space and my kids were stuck in for a large amount of time. My partner and I are key workers so we were out during it all too. But I don’t watch her and feel jealous or angry that she is so spoilt and ungrateful. Weirdly it makes me feel better because actually here we are with not very much and we would’ve all made a good laugh out of a box randomnly spurting confetti. My kids didn’t moan about lockdown (Unlike hers who she complained about constantly) and instead they made the most of their creativity and hometime. They wrote thank you letters to supermarket staff and NHS workers. We went shopping for our neighbours. My kids wrote them little notes. They have absolutely no interest in “hashtag gifted” and they have to wait for special occasions to get gifts. If my kids had all of their privileges and yet behaved in the way that she says they often do, I’d be making some very fast changes, certainly not putting a pool in & getting them to open free gifts every day.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 24

Traveler001

VIP Member
you can have a totally privileged child hood, be given everything, have the most loving parents and family and still be a bitch. Stop reading into thing so much. Equally you can have a shit childhood and being the nicest person.
As a person who had an amazing childhood and is a bitch - I completely agree!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

coconochanel

VIP Member
OMG I just cant with Nic and her dippy husband saying how big a task and stressful having a pool put in was. Oh my heart bleeds while people are losing their jobs and family members are dying of covid etc your a bit stressed because its a lot of work having a swimming pool put in your garden get in the real world!

• Wow
  • Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
So have I in that case. There's so many other ways she could have expressed her point
Obviously. But what? By posting The same generic picture of someone looking sad. Her in her bed with no makeup on, under the duvet? It’s not real. She was honest and said I’ve been there. She made the point that you can still try to look good, you can ‘show off’, you’re not moping around, hiding saying don’t take my picture, I look shit. Look at Caroline Flack, night red lip, big smile - dead hours later.
I don’t know why everyone is so offended by her ‘trying to look thin’ - so what. If she took an unflattering picture it wouldn’t be the point. The whole point is that you look normal, you ‘do normal’ but inside you’re dying.
She was also actively making the point that slim doesn’t = happy and healthy. She’s said that everyone was saying ‘wow you look great’ when her intention was to disappear, depression looks many ways. She’s saying that it’s wrong and unhealthy to assume.

Allthehashtags

I’ve followed these for years, way before Instagram & they’ve both changed so much. I find Nic slightly more down to earth than Sam but both come across as snobs. Sam was really arrogant & rude in her last insta live..”I won’t tell you where my top is from because you’ll google it, see how much it cost & you’ll hate me”. Also I think it’s very irresponsible of her to say she’s just stopped taking her thyroid medication & antidepressants “just because i don’t want to take them”.

• Wow
Reactions: 22

davidsdead

VIP Member
She was also saying the best brushes out there are mykitco which she used throughout the vid and listed a few other that she likes using. Never mentioned real techniques so feel a bit conned there!
I see RT with the nic and Sam logo have been popping up in home bargain, looks like RT want rid of the old stock.

It was just such a weird live - “sorry about the dish washer guys (the noise) - actually, I’m not sorry”

“Can I save this live? Erm, no. I don’t want to and I don’t have to anymore so yeah...”

Ffs Sam, just log out.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I cannot actually believe this caption. How many people have died at this point? And they are whining about a swimming pool? I’m truly shocked.

DFF361FD-E8C0-4A68-A634-D7C3B414E520.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21

davidsdead

VIP Member
Why is Sam moaning on insta about having to quarantine? Isn’t she only in quarantine because she chose to jet off to Ibiza? :rolleyes:
Why is she on insta at all? She’s made it clear she resents the interest in her life... so do one then and stop boring people with your rich people probs.

• Haha
  • Heart

frillylilly

Chatty Member
Has anyone else got a weird niggling feeling about this?

Either they sold their shares in RT and have made a fortune and so have decided to sack everything off and have a quiet life, which I kind of get.

Or something is about to come out about them?Is it not weird that they've binned RT and social media all in one go? And the fact they've done it together at exactly the same time?

Then again, maybe I've had too much coffee today!

• Wow

Readread

VIP Member
The posh accent just sounds stupid, she forgets half way through her sentence and reverts back to her actual accent. Arsehole.

Also, "thank god I've given up social media" - :unsure: - whilst posting about 20 stories?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

queenamber

VIP Member
I'm imagining a utopia where we all log into Instagram and see every beauty and fashion influencer announce they're leaving social media 😂
Really respect and admire their decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 20