Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
Thoughts?

I can’t really stand either of them but I do find Sam to be the worst. She just always seems aggressive in her posts and lives.

Nic is just brag brag brag alllllll the time. She’s definitely the better make up artist IMO!

Reactions: 16

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I honestly think in the future when influencers kids grow up there'll be a lot of anger and resentment at how much of their private life and intimate details were shared online

• Sad

Smca53

VIP Member
Why is Sam moaning on insta about having to quarantine? Isn’t she only in quarantine because she chose to jet off to Ibiza? :rolleyes:

• Angry

MillyMollyMandy1

I picked up on it going back months ago , they stopped using RT brushes as much in the tutorials on IG, and was using my kit co brushes. Thought it was odd. Then remember they both started off pages about house interior, and was pushing that.
Though no one was arsed about that , and it didn’t take off.

I wonder if RT have not renewed contract, and they think without that , all the hassle of social media not worth it, and will live off all the money made .

Bet that little smarmy bloke who runs gleam is gutted, he wont have his snout at their trough no more. Taking his cut. While making out he’s your friend

Frenchgirl

So much for Nic coming off instagram. She's posting about her son using her face halo to wash his willy in the shower now. Not really the thing to be sharing considering his friends' mums must follow her?

• Wow
  • Sick

littlepup

VIP Member
Why does a post about suicide prevention need a selfie of her at all? The influencer world is narcissistic and they have a tendency to make everything about themselves. Sometimes the most effective message is the simplest one- a simple post raising awareness and mentioning a charity to donate to, for instance.

Plus, she's making a link between physical appearance and depression. I don't mean looking outwardly happy but actual physical appearance. It's reductive. She could even have gone down the route of mentioning how she appears to have it all, a successful career and possessions etc. What she posted just looked like humble bragging, IMO
By making it about herself she said she could have it too. If she posted something generic it’s distancing, like ‘that would never affect me’. She literally put herself in the picture rather than paying lip service - here’s a screenshot of my charity donation that could’ve been a fiver so you all know how great and charitable I am.
I personally don’t see a problem with making a link to physical appearance when it’s challenging. As I said, most depression images are baggy clothes, sad, Limp hair, slouched posture. She’s pointing out that’s not always the case.
Each to their own, for you it misses the mark. but for me the post was the best one I saw. She embraced it without embarrassment or distancing and that says it can happen to anyone, despite appearances.

Last edited:

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
When I first found the Chapman sisters and used RT brushes it was Sam alone as the face on the packaging and the voice selling the goods, Nic joined later after having her second child. Sam seems the more ‘fuck it I’ve had enough and I’m off’ personality 👍.

I applaud Sam for stepping back from
SM whether she’s made enough money or not , good luck to her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

Bazaar99

Her job is based on looks. Literally how to make your face and appearance change to be something different. If i was sat at my desk screaming on the inside I would look like a normal coping person. The day before I was signed off work I was leading meetings, doing the stuff that my job involved. If her job involves posting selfies then I don't see the fuss.
I also think it's a bit of a low blow to insult her intelligence or suggest because she's posting those photos that she's insincere. Whatever you might think of her professionally none of us are in any way informed or educated enough to know what's going on behind closed doors or inside someone's head. Just because you don't like her or the way she expresses herself doesn't mean her experiences are any less valid or painful. Some people find pictures easier to illustrate their points than words, and it's a sad state of affairs if this can't be recognised and taken on board with such a serious subject

Jjoo

Her saying that “What do we say: hashtag gifted” and explaining that her daughter demands to film it for ‘the gram’ ...ick. My daughter wouldn’t even know what Instagram was and that’s how I like it!

• Wow

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
Anyone asking how they have so much money clearly doesn't know their history. They've been doing YouTube since... 07/08(?) before the makeup boom on there! They were at the height of it. Freebies, gifted items and trips etc all prior to the legislatation from ASA so a lot of money generated that way and through paid for content on youtube. Then Sam created the brush line and they both ended up being involved in that, I think they made a chunk from that (and still do!). They have done other stuff too but basically youtube was a massive earner for them. From memory, they were already millionaires from around 2011.

Influenzapandemic

I found the whole ‘approval’ thing a big fuck you.

Sam those approvals made you a millionaire try not to moan about it love!

• Heart

Samw88

I do understand how people have come to their assumptions on these photos but I think it’s great she’s shared them. People have this view of someone with suicidal thoughts and depression needing to look and be a certain way.

Someone like her in the public eye may appear to the outside world and to social media as pretending to be and feel a certain way, when actually the reality is very different. I’m pleased she shared the photos because yes she looks beautiful, skinny, whatever you want to say - but she’s also feeling incredibly low and doesn’t have the perfect life that some might think she has. People need to learn not to assume what anyone is going through by judging how they are on the outside.

She might also be trying to convince herself that she’s happy, and yet inside she’s questioning whether she even wants to be alive.

littlepup

VIP Member
Anyone remember Nic crying on her stories not so long ago about her friend that was a victim of domestic abuse? She was saying that for her birthday all she wants is for people to donate to her friends charity because she doesn't want or need anything.

Today she is trying on and showing her birthday presents that she's always wanted :rolleyes:
They've raised over £14,000. I know the family. Without Nic's post they would have never achieved that. Yes she may have got other presents but you can't begrudge her that she received gifts. She and her husband donated directly donated a large amount too. I know people love to hate but I really don't think that is something to pick on. She has done a lot of good there, no question.

Reactions: 14

Jjoo

I went off Sam a long time ago as the poses and the swooning over her boyfriend was so cringe. Also she was just a bit superior and judgemental, I remember her being called out for sneering at someone on holiday who was posing for their socials for the perfect shot-yet this was on her socials, whilst on holiday under a photo of her in her bikini. I did respect her for being honest about her aesthetics though. But she is a hypocrite; pretends she’s really low maintenance and vanity free & non-pluses about social media but is quite the opposite. I used to like Nic but in lockdown I found her and her partner just unbearable. Just constant whinging when they had acres, a gym, huge space etc. They couldn’t see that others would be working during that time or living in tiny flats with no outdoor space etc. She did not stop moaning about her kids and how spoilt they are and even started a rant about how she couldn’t understand why teachers couldn’t just take their summer holidays earlier so kids go back sooner. Yet when they returned to school declared how much she’d miss them. Such BS. I find Nic now just utterly materialistic & her kids have the same mentality, it really shows.

• Wow
Reactions: 14