Sam and Nic Chapman - Pixiewoos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They got lucky when they joined the online community when they did .
TBF there barely was a community when they started. With the likes of Lauren Luke and Michelle Phan they were there at the beginning.
That said, I think that's why Sam has such an ego about it, as if they invented it. She believe they were the real talent, the creators, the artists and what followed since is cheap rip off and try-hards.
I do agree the whole instagram aesthetic baking and highlight etc that some MUAs roll out is boring, not 'artistic' and all they can do but it still very much has a place. Sam considers that place to be well beneath her but people googling for a video want to see and recreate that, not some editorial/concept look.

Reactions: 11
She seems to have a huge chip on her shoulder. I’ve lined her pockets many times, I’ve even got their book and the icons dvd they did somewhere. Like if someone wants to nicely ask when your wedding is why bite their head off? You’ve shared your life for years, we only know what you chose to fuckin tell us in the first place. Think it’s time she takes herself offline and uses a personal account for friends and family.
Exactly. Thing is, she said she was taking herself offline, or at least that’s what she implied. But she’s still hanging around in this halfway house situation, as if she can’t let go. It’s as irritating for us as it is for her. She needs to just go.

Reactions: 6
TBF there barely was a community when they started. With the likes of Lauren Luke and Michelle Phan they were there at the beginning.
That said, I think that's why Sam has such an ego about it, as if they invented it. She believe they were the real talent, the creators, the artists and what followed since is cheap rip off and try-hards.
I do agree the whole instagram aesthetic baking and highlight etc that some MUAs roll out is boring, not 'artistic' and all they can do but it still very much has a place. Sam considers that place to be well beneath her but people googling for a video want to see and recreate that, not some editorial/concept look.
Sam and Nic’s talent is average at best when placing them in the hall of great make up artists , they did well applying make up on themselves via social media but that’s where their ability stops.

Is the real Sam showing herself?

Reactions: 9
She was also saying the best brushes out there are mykitco which she used throughout the vid and listed a few other that she likes using. Never mentioned real techniques so feel a bit conned there!
I see RT with the nic and Sam logo have been popping up in home bargain, looks like RT want rid of the old stock.

It was just such a weird live - “sorry about the dish washer guys (the noise) - actually, I’m not sorry”

“Can I save this live? Erm, no. I don’t want to and I don’t have to anymore so yeah...”

Ffs Sam, just log out.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
She was also saying the best brushes out there are mykitco which she used throughout the vid and listed a few other that she likes using. Never mentioned real techniques.
I see RT with the nic and Sam logo have been popping up in home bargain, looks like RT want rid of the old stock.

Maybe they should have looked into actually designing and making their own brushes instead of putting their name to some

Maybe they should have looked into actually designing and making their own brushes instead of putting their name to some
I’ve got the gold ones somewhere, can’t remember the name of them but I bought them individually at £20 a pop 🤣😩

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Their RT collab definitely fell apart after a few years. Someone further up commented that Sam was asked on a live whether RT were due to release any new brushes and she replied something along the lines of "dunno they release new ones all the time". Shortly before they ended the partnership they would use other brushes in their videos. Either they had a falling out over money or they thought the brushes weren't that good anyway and were glad to finally be able to use brushes that they prefer.

Their RT collab definitely fell apart after a few years. Someone further up commented that Sam was asked on a live whether RT were due to release any new brushes and she replied something along the lines of "dunno they release new ones all the time". Shortly before they ended the partnership they would use other brushes in their videos. Either they had a falling out over money or they thought the brushes weren't that good anyway and were glad to finally be able to use brushes that they prefer.
I remember Sam used to plug those Louise Young brushes pre RT days. I didnt know at the time it was her friend ! I purchased a couple about 2011 and they are actually really good. I use them all the time and they are still in good condition.

• Heart
I remember Sam used to plug those Louise Young brushes pre RT days. I didnt know at the time it was her friend ! I purchased a couple about 2011 and they are actually really good. I use them all the time and they are still in good condition.
The mykitco brushes are her friends brand too, she used to work with him in Mac. I remember the Louise young ones too I’m sure she had been their teacher.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I think they did have a massive input at the very beginning but when RT started to grow, I don't think they did as much put but hence they were bound by a contract, they kept putting their names on the products that someone else designed. I think it become a bit obvious when RT started making these "diamond" shaped brushes and make up sponges and all sorts of glittery crappy editions, that it wasn't really Sam and Nic anymore. Their original sets were much more curated and brushes were great quality.

Reactions: 8
I’ve got the gold ones somewhere, can’t remember the name of them but I bought them individually at £20 a pop 🤣😩
Was it the Bold Metals ones? I loved those brushes.

Just going by her attitude towards RT, I think they’ve definitely had a falling out

Reactions: 3
Just going by her attitude towards RT, I think they’ve definitely had a falling out
[/QUOTE]

I think she has an attitude about most things to be honest

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know people are always asking if she has fallen out with Nic on her lives. Maybe that’s what’s getting under her skin. I didn’t think they had fallen out but reaction to the question is telling

Does Nic just do whatever Sam does? Now she's bought a holiday home to rent out but in Norfolk.

Reactions: 2
Sams always been the mouthy scary one. I've noticed her temperament for years now, very snippy and down right rude, quite a lot of the time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.