Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

digsydelilah

Chatty Member
She comes across very intellectually incurious about everything and an absolute drag. I know we poke fun at Dan but I bet he's quite enjoyable to travel with and willing to try different things, go off the beaten path. Sali probably keeps to a daily itinerary. 😴

Sneak preview of the Hughes/Moran conversation:

Caitlin: 😝

Sali: 😁

Caitlin: 🤪

Sali: 😂

Caitlin and Sali: 🤡🤓 Thanks for coming! Byeeee!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Missypissy

Big portion of chips = shameful waste
Buying loads of shit when you have cupboards heaving with it already = acceptable
Ridiculous

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Missypissy

Lolll you bitches. I have v similar glasses and my kids call me a serial killer when I wear them. I'm defo going to think of them as my incel bins now.
I'll send you a selfie from my bog later so you can ask me where they are from. Spoiler...it's specsavers #basicbitch I paid (but got them on a bogof deal and a £20 voucher off the price of the eye test from work.
Currently putting a documentary together about how yis trolled me. @Nonah I will interview you. Wear something expensive looking and act dead sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Cripes - off for a look. Be right back 🏃‍♀️

ETA found it. Blimey. Not good. They all seem a bit baffled as to the point of it. Written from the point of 'white privileged female' and 'judgemental, superior' were a couple of comments. Advising women to get over the trauma of childbirth as it only lasts a day and at the end you have a baby.
Sounds like a bit of a car crash tbh.

There is another influencer, Lily Pebbles, who wrote a book a few years ago. About female friendship. Lots of hype around it. Anyway it got absolutely slaughtered on Amazon. Worth having a look. She got quite a lot of ridicule over it and from memory took a break from SM. I blame publishers as well tbh, they keep enabling these 'advice' books by a particular demographic.
Hi Sali, as someone that had a traumatic birth, I am still not over it 12 years later. It caused me long-term physical and emotional issues that I live with daily and that traumatic birth is the reason I only have one child.

Get to fuck with your tone-deaf insensitive advice that you are completely unqualified to give.

I hope this book gets roundly panned and ridiculed. Perhaps then you will learn a little humility and get off that high horse you're so keen on looking down on us from.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Missypissy

Yet again Sali writes a column that only makes sense if you start from the premise that
1. Everyone is a dickhead except her .
2. The industry, that she is part of, is not responsible for its own behaviour.

Here's thought ...Why not say "there is no justification in producing single use plastics" instead of "there is no justification in buying" them? Well...because Garnier et al have their hand up her arse and are working her like Sooty. Shame on The Guardian for giving Sali Hughes a Greenwashing platform yet again.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
From the Twitter comments:

Another poorly disguised press release written by someone who’s inhaled a thesaurus. Can we go back to a genuine beauty column please. Time to get some fresh writers in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
598EF1A6-6826-4086-95E4-22691CB9EEA6.png

DBEF8CF4-BD48-4E9D-82CC-079AA6BF9CAE.jpeg
1371D0F9-D569-4307-A936-57828196DC2E.png

Jennifer
153 reviews · 5 followers
Follow

July 29, 2022
Just why? The usefulness of this book could be contained within a pamphlet

I've read so many books like this over the years but I am yet to find one that gives any helpful or useful advice or insight . Sadly this is still the case. It's not even clear who the target audience would be.. It starts off as a series of money saving tips for the affluent - how to repurpose Diptyque candle jars,, how to source vintage furniture, how to open champagne, how to hire a cleaner.. If there are any actual useful tips - stain removal, hot to descale a kettle. how to protect clothes from moths, they can be easily found on the internet without the need to purchase a £21.99 book.

It appears to be organized in a completely random fashion with tips scattered willy nilly with no clear theme or sectioning jumping from field to field completely nonsensically - from staircarpets to buying a pram, stopcocks to books. For a fashion and beauty editor it contains very questionable style and fashion advice. But this book gets even worse as the author dispenses "advice" on abortions , breastfeeding and depression which is inappropriate and she is totally unqualified to do so. Her comments giving direction on "how to grieve" are incredibly trite and extremely offensive to those of us who have actually experienced grief..

After finishing this book I am not sure what exactly it is meant to be - an interior design manual, a cookbook, a style and fashion guide. All of which are areas completely out of the author's wheelhouse. There are better titles out there in all of these categories. There are far too few handy hints and far too much of her personal anecdotes which add little to the content. Hughes is a beauty journalist and that is her area of expertise and from looking at photos of her online she appears to be far too young to have accumulated the gravitas and benefit of years of experience to advise on such serious matters as are contained in this book. The content could have been so easily contained in a short pamphlet - Wear sunscreen, don't be a slave to fashion and this is how you cook pasta.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

particularparsnip

sorry i need to rant, as someone who has previously worked in academia, and whose partner currently does.

I have no problem with honourary fellowships/doctorates IF the person receiving them doesn't flounce their new 'title' around as if they have put in the same amount of work as someone who gained a doctorate or fellowship the traditional way (not saying someone hasn't also put in a lot of work in their own field to be honoured like this obviously, but you cannot say you truly have a doctorate or a fellowship if it's honourary, as I've seen some people do).

A doctorate is an INSANE amount of work, and then trying to get a fellowship after all of that is, often, an uphill battle, multiple extensive applications/interviews etc for possibly a one year contract on relatively shit pay compared to jobs in other fields.

I saw how gruelling a PhD was and the ridiculous hoops my colleauges had to jump through for temporary fellowships and how hard my partner is working on a fellowship application literally at the moment and it makes me mad when people treat honourary degrees as akin to the real thing, so dismissive.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Thanks to @Stillwater for thread title and @Gold_7 for realising the potential and suggesting it. A prize of eye burning Sali balm is winging its way to you both now. Good luck!
A new thread on Tattle's 4th birthday 🥳
How appropriate as Sali single handedly brought more new subscribers here than any one ever.
Last thread very mini review:
* Sali went to Glasto. With the halfwit
Moran 🤪 She had the best time ever then went home early for the traditional bland gap yah curry with the Danster.
* Another tedious podcast about how pooey Tattlers are. Only now there are a sinister group of thirty women some of whom are {gasp} mentally ill. Sali's crack team of psychologists have analysed here so it must be true.
*She wore a nightie as a dress. Fashun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Django

VIP Member
Thank you. It's really quite tragic, first France can't feed Sali and now the US is trying to make her FAT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

rosemarina

VIP Member
Cannot wait for the 99p Kindle version! I’ve been punching onions to make slightly smaller bits for years now.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Missypissy

That feeling when you are on the outskirts of a conversation at a party. Nodding along as two people chat. Clutching a warm white wine. Waiting for your "in" so you are not stood there looking gormless. Here's your chance...
Screenshot_20220801-091005_Twitter.jpg

• Haha

Missypissy

I'm hearing Sali's eyebrow instructions set to that Daft Punk tune
Harder
Darker
Bolder
(Ob)longer

But I'm a known weirdo who probably shouldn't have let that out of my head so please just crack on with your day

• Haha

Bluebellesse

She said “New York” four times in the first twenty seconds. I couldn’t take any more.

I think this shot sums her up perfectly right now.

F97663D6-9B40-47F1-8AEF-F262F8B8C43A.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41