Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the Twitter comments:

Another poorly disguised press release written by someone who’s inhaled a thesaurus. Can we go back to a genuine beauty column please. Time to get some fresh writers in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Honestly I’ve used a parlux and a dyson, the parlux is great. And I know they last years, my hairdresser has used the same one for at least 15 years, and not needed to replace it. Judging by my dyson vacuum, I doubt you’d be able to say the same for a dyson hairdryer
This. When they said Dyson might make ventilators during the pandemic, I thought I’d be dead for sure. Ventilator turned on, no wait, it needs recharging, on again, wait, filter blocked. On again, random light flashing. Oh duck it…

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So I bought a Dyson Hairdryer about 4 years ago, not an exaggeration to say I have used it no more than 10 times. I always air dry my hair and was seduced into buying it by the likes of Sali et al. What a con.
I might eBay it actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So I bought a Dyson Hairdryer about 4 years ago, not an exaggeration to say I have used it no more than 10 times. I always air dry my hair and was seduced into buying it by the likes of Sali et al. What a con.
I might eBay it actually.
Depending on your hair type, have a look at the comb style attachment. I have thick wavy hair and really like it and the flyaway one.

Surprised the review wasn’t gonna be more about the airwrap / dupes for that. She didn’t even mention how dysons suit people with other hair types than hers.

I read a thing about how Bose headphones have weights added to them internally to make them of seem higher quality to the average consumer, and Sali’s obsessed with ‘reassuringly weighty’ and ‘heavy click’ seemed very average consumer rather than expert opinion 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I am the same age as Sali and have grown out my artificially dyed dark hair. The grow out was really bloody awful, in fact in the end I caved and had the whole lot chopped off as I couldn’t wear it down anyway and to be honest it was just depressing, but, what I’m left with is multi-tonal naturally grey hair ranging from light silver through to a slate grey. I get a lot of compliments about it but there are days when even though it is natural it can be really hard to carry off. I can’t imagine having artificial grey hair, it must be a nightmare. She should have left it and grown it out, it really doesn’t resemble natural grey at all, it looks flat and dull. And no matter what she says with grey hair you do have to look at the colours you wear, the make up you choose and even the style of clothes or you can soon look dowdy and frankly really old.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh my good God! What does she look like🙀🙀.

The dress is great, I’d wear that in the winter with leggings and DM’s but those shoes and that bag and ……bare legs , it’s all wrong.

Nothing wrong with bare legs of course but maybe the dress is too short for me , I dunno it just looks bad, only my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I like the dress, and I love how she absolutely must tell you that size 8 is her usual size.

God forbid anyone think this is a vanity sized size 8!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Don’t like the dress- the shape it’s so odd that even the gorgeous model on the whistles website cannot pull it off. There’s something extremely infantilising about it, like someone is playing cute baby doll dress up and with even small boobs this ends up looking tent-like. SH has paired it with the wrong sandals and bag. She clearly doesn’t understands the concept of summer accessories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Don’t like the dress- the shape it’s so odd that even the gorgeous model on the whistles website cannot pull it off. There’s something extremely infantilising about it, like someone is playing cute baby doll dress up and with even small boobs this ends up looking tent-like. SH has paired it with the wrong sandals and bag. She clearly doesn’t understands the concept of summer accessories.
I completely agree.

Reactions: 12
If there was ever a time to wear Herman Munster sandals, it’s with that…tent. But no, she’s gone for tan kitten heel looking things instead. Chrissakes Sal!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh I like the dress! But I wear that kind of dress a lot and now I’m a little self-conscious hahah

I actually kind of like the look except for the bag, it’s such a heavy, bulky bag. The branded sandals are cringe but like the idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
‘It has pockets’ schtick is so basic witch and overdone it does my head in.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Agreed. I almost never want pockets. They add bulk where I really don’t need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.