Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet again Sali writes a column that only makes sense if you start from the premise that
1. Everyone is a head except her .
2. The industry, that she is part of, is not responsible for its own behaviour.

Here's thought ...Why not say "there is no justification in producing single use plastics" instead of "there is no justification in buying" them? Well...because Garnier et al have their hand up her arse and are working her like Sooty. Shame on The Guardian for giving Sali Hughes a Greenwashing platform yet again.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I saw them earlier too. Brutal. Some of them from…..men, too *clutches pearls*
To be fair, there were a group of men who used to regularly post on Sali's Guardian column saying that they preferred 'natural' beauty and complaining about how much women were prepared to spend on skin care. A few of us, including Livia Druscilla, used to bat them back to the sports pages and their football clubs membership costs.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Damn it, but her JVN hair recommendation is good. I was influenced by her and she was right. I usually roll my eyes at celebrity lines (ahem), but had a sniff after I saw her recommendation, and liked the smell. And it’s good 🤦‍♀️🤣
Oooh what do you recommend?
I'm late to the party but just saw her 5th July reel....her hands are that of an 80 year old? Her forehead botox is very obvious now as well.

Reactions: 2
Oooh what do you recommend?
I'm late to the party but just saw her 5th July reel....her hands are that of an 80 year old? Her forehead botox is very obvious now as well.
Sali has a skin condition called ichthyosis. Her hands are affected by it. Unlike the state of her hair this is not something she did to herself, so we don't criticise/mock her for it.

Reactions: 19
Yet again Sali writes a column that only makes sense if you start from the premise that
1. Everyone is a head except her .
2. The industry, that she is part of, is not responsible for its own behaviour.

Here's thought ...Why not say "there is no justification in producing single use plastics" instead of "there is no justification in buying" them? Well...because Garnier et al have their hand up her arse and are working her like Sooty. Shame on The Guardian for giving Sali Hughes a Greenwashing platform yet again.
I noticed when she was asked in that recent podcast what was bad about the beauty industry - apart a mention of the very low hanging fruit of "clean" beauty - she went on about people's behaviour on social media.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Sali has a skin condition called ichthyosis. Her hands are affected by it. Unlike the state of her hair this is not something she did to herself, so we don't criticise/mock her for it.
Ah thank you I didn't know, certainly not something to mock.

Reactions: 21
So she was too nervous to open the advance copy package and let it sit all day but then filmed herself (at Benny Hill high speed) opening it for the 'gram. Ok. 🙄

"Four books in". Easy, tiger. More like curating and waffling between binding.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Get screenshotting guys. I've clocked one mention of "potatoes" so far

Screenshot_20220716-151616_Video Player.jpg

Intrigued about the section that includes insomnia and milia

Screenshot_20220716-200742_Video Player.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
£22 is with 15% off so get in quick! It'll be £26 full price

Had a look at the other books in the Etiquette charts. She's beat the Peppa Pig Colouring Book at no 8 🤣

Screenshot_20220716-205201_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
To be fair, there were a group of men who used to regularly post on Sali's Guardian column saying that they preferred 'natural' beauty and complaining about how much women were prepared to spend on skin care. A few of us, including Livia Druscilla, used to bat them back to the sports pages and their football clubs membership costs.
Michael Hodges?

Reactions: 2
So one chapter describes how you could survive on a desert island using the "well planned contents of your handbag"? Is this one of those famous desert islands that has a branch of Superdrug for all the essential things you forgot to bring in your well planned handbag?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.