Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might be just me, but I could devour that portion no problem! Then again, I'm not very, very smol.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I agree with her on food portions in general, they can be too big here in Canada as well, especially fries/chips. A lot will definitely go to waste. That said, I thought she chinned any potato going. 🥔

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ah the basic b strikes again... oMg tHe pOrtiOn siZes. I'm not American but I'm very tired of the American portion size comment. It is what it is. It's no longer a revelation that Americans are fat and eat a lot (especially since Europe is catching up)...and I've seen Sunday roast portions at UK pubs so she can miss me with this groundbreaking observation.

Also, if she's still in NYC I think the portion sizes here are comparable to the UK.

Reactions: 17
Can someone screenshot the post they are talking about, some of us *cough* can't see what you are referring to.

Reactions: 3
Thank you. It's really quite tragic, first France can't feed Sali and now the US is trying to make her FAT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Dresses like a try-hard teenager, cries like a drama queen and complains about the food like a repressed person who doesn’t travel much. Isn’t it wonderful to see the world through SH’s eyes? 🤢

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Restaurant/cafe/diner generous with something that's literally as cheap as chips shocker

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Will any country's cuisine ever live up to her exacting Brighton standards?
She is the worst type of Little Britain moaner.
(Having said that the one time I was in the US, Mystic of Mystic Pizza fame, I ordered a ham salad. Omg what arrived was seriously the size and shape of a quite large turtle. A vast mound of coleslaw, cheese and lettuce with a thick carapace of ham. Brilliant 😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
If you’re not walking enough to burn off those calories you’re doing NYC wrong imho. And those fries look incredible.
The only issue I had in New York was that they genuinely don’t understand when you ask for “waTer”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Might be just me, but I could devour that portion no problem! Then again, I'm not very, very smol.
That's what a to-go box is for, luv. Higher-end restaurant serving sizes are comparable to UK/Europe. But burger joints and soup-or-salad style restaurants, yes, the servings tend to be large. She'd probably have a fainting spell at an all-you-can-eat buffet 🤢

Same for buTTer :D.
I run into the same problem all over with the non-rhotic Rs. Well, everyone except Boston

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.