Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member
I don't get the lack of research at all - the most cursory two minute Google search reveals Allen Ginsberg was a paedophile, and a defiantly proud one too by the sound of it. He might be the best tousle haired poet out there, but I'm afraid being a child molester sort of eclipses that. It is as appropriate as a 'Weinstein is a Winner' decorative vase. Because he was such a good film producer.

(Reminds me horribly of the Coco Chanel being so marvellous statement - 'dodgy politics aside' 🤦‍♀️)

And seriously re the FB group - why should anyone say please when asking a simple question? How rude to be admonished like that. The OP response was far more polite than mine would have been. And I wish the term 'curated' to dignify choosing a few items would be dropped. Makes me cringe. Last night at Asda I curated my shopping in the frozen veg aisle.
Think we're onto something here. A whole range of candles celebrating disgraced men because they had some talent. Saville is a Superhero, because he raised loads of money for charity. We'll just ignore the sex offending.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Where are these "most requested" comments from? The Guardian comments are closed and you never see any column requests elsewhere. Is she really getting inundated with column requests privately?

It reminds me of when she did In The Bathroom with and she'd say "this was my most requested ITB" but the only name you'd see people ask about time and time again was Lisa Eldridge

• Haha

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
i wonder if Tattle will somehow be blamed
And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids women against the romanticisation of paedophiles!

(PS was watching a davin lim video, niacinamide serum costs 50p to produce sells for £5, so you can imagine the drunk elephant markup. the ordinary founder Brandon Truaxe did so much to democratise good skincare and knowledge about it, the video mentioned that his next deciem projects were tackling medical skincare problems like acne scarring. Imagine the impact if his life hadn't been cut short)

• Sad

Handynasty

That flipping candle is beyond pretentious. I just find £45 bonkers when it looks like you could buy it anywhere. There are three reviews of it on the cultbeauty site, can anybody spot Sali’s?
E4CD8634-FE6D-4740-9AC7-6A9B69AB8864.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow

Handmaid

Once again, Sali throwing in the idea of 'legal' like she did when she referenced her 'legal advice' on Freaky Friday.
Sali is never wrong. That's a 'legal fact'.

So desperately insecure.

How about: 'I'm sorry you're disappointed' or 'For the next box, we will look to put in more of these products as it seems they're very popular!'

Ever think about having some grace with your customers, Sali??

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I'm fed up of beauty influencers justifying the waste and quantity of unsolicited stuff they receive by saying that they give unwanted stuff to a woman's refuge. What the hell is a woman who has left everything behind and fled her home because of abuse going to do with a fucking candle? It's really the very least, most pitiful gesture a woman could make to another. Abused women need money, not second hand makeup.

Also CH giving her 'press sample' boxes to the NHS workers...that's a neat trick. It used to be the case that a brand needed the publicity of the press to reach consumers. Influencers are both press and brand. They don't need the press because they have direct contact with consumers (nb this is what SH struggles with). Influencers sending out press samples is like QVC doing the same with everything they sell... So when CH makes this magnanimous claim, I'd ask how many. I bet the number is less than 10, if that.

Also I can't believe SH didn't mention her beloved muji nail clippers!! She used to mention them all the time (I got a pair and she wasn't wrong, they are brilliant)...as someone said above, she clearly now follows a no money, no mention policy...

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
For someone who aspires to effortless cool, she always seems to be trying so hard. Which would be excusable in your early 20s but is terribly sad at 45 (we're the same age).
I just read that Vogue article and some of it made me cringe. Actually, most of it. The part about the shade of nails ("in a decidedly unbridal vibrant rose shade"), I'm sorry but what is "unbridal" about pink?

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I can’t imagine @hongkongfuey what awful terrors you’ve been through , life is shit and nothing I say makes it less awful . Take my ❤and I mean it with love .
That's very kind of you, thank you 🥰

Life can be really shit, which I learned at a horribly young age but people have been through much worse than me and I'm honestly fine and extremely fortunate in so many other ways.

I think it's one of the reasons woe is me people like Sali piss me off so much. They haven't got a fucking clue.

• Heart

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
SH: I chose the colours of the box to be pink and red.I like pink and red. My second book is pink and red.

Miranda Priestly's voice: Pink and Red. For beauty. Groundbreaking.

A box with half a thought would also allow consumers to pick the strength of acid peel they wanted, not just telling users to leave it on for half the time, ditto which version of the CC cream for users with different skin moisture levels.
Or the option to choose a candle with a pweirdo reference, or one without. I'm just fussy like that

Last edited:
  • Haha

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Wow.
Weinstein. Saville. Just surnames that trigger their victims and anyone who experienced similar abuse to those fuckers. Just surnames.

I still jolt whenever my laptop autocorrects a start-up term to the name of someone who assaulted me years ago. Just names.

"Just a surname" as it fits her current agenda..

I dunno if I'm being super picky but RBGs surname is spelt differently. So having to change the meaning of a candle as they are a weirdo to honour someone else whose name is spelt differently kinda shows the candle should not be a thing..
RGB deserves better than to be a get out excuse for a pweirdo absolver.

Have also heard pretty fucked up things about Lucian Freud's relationship to younger women.

• Heart
  • Sad

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Also, random question, but why is she suddenly posting about self-care (ugh)?
Pretty much a direct quote:

“Hiya! Self-care’s obviously such a buzz expression at the moment... so I wanted to jump on the bandwagon in a blatantly desperate attempt to claw back some relevance...”

• Haha

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
SH is all about the product which comes across more than ever as completely tone-deaf in the distressing times we live in. I find it totally distasteful to be honest. Take LE as a comparison- she has come up with some lovely and relaxing videos from her bathroom which are all about using up what we’ve already got at home, and not about buying new shit.
Lisa Eldridge's cat is more relevant than Sali these days... #styledbyTed

• Haha
  • Heart

Hunnaybadgerz

Sali tried to cozy up to Susie Cave, Nick’s wife who owns The Vampire’s Wife a few years ago. She wore their dresses for her wedding. At the time the office and showroom were round the corner from her in Brighton.
Susie is also best friends with Bella Freud who is a board member of The Vampire’s Wife and both are friends (fake AF) friends with (La) Moss. Sali would DIE to get into this circle.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Lemsipmax

You'd think Freud would want to steer clear...particularly after the revelations about her uncle Clemens Freud also being a pweirdo.

• Sick

Minniemousesshoes

I had genuinely assumed Sali didn't know, but her answers to people pointing it out don't back that up. She wasn't absolutely horrified, but did that 'it's just a name', and thought it being a film quote justified it.
It is almost as bad taste as a range of goods with 'Springtime for Hitler' on them - just a name and a film quote.
I think that she didn’t know but she can’t admit that. She has to seem like she knows everything. In fact she’s known for ages.

To not know would show she’s just copying and isn’t really a Ginsberg ‘fan’. Just she thought it was cool. Like kids wearing AC/DC T-shirts despite only listening to little mix (or whoever the pop trend is these days.)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Lemsipmax

I've never has less free time! I'm working from home and everything is taking me twice as long to do because stress/anxiety/remote work system crapness. I'm trying to homeschool (badly) and am doing almost everything else as my partner is chronically busy in a very stressful job. I exfoliated my feet this morning....whoop. My house is a tip.

• Heart