Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s clever, but I’m not comfortable in finding any humour or snark in this, given that child sex abuse is at the core of it.
Fair enough. It wasnt supposed to be witty, just to sum up the issue in a one-liner incase any non-tattlers also had their doubts about the candle.

Alternatively Sali Hughes 16: do some proper research for once in your career

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Fair enough. It wasnt supposed to be witty, just to sum up the issue in a one-liner incase any non-tattlers also had their doubts about the candle.

Alternatively Sali Hughes 16: do some proper research for once in your career
Sorry, I didn’t mean to be snotty. Quite rattled by this.

Reactions: 7
Sorry, I didn’t mean to be snotty. Quite rattled by this.
No its completely legit, its tricky to find the best way to expose the taboo issue in the title so that the discussion can easily be found, without triggering or belittling the issue.

Yeah, I think @Disillusioned makes a good point there.

I would totally buy a ”Pompous, arrogant mean girl” candle though.
That sums her up in 4 words, perfect.

Why don’t we let Sali explain the thinking behind the use of this slogan? At length. In The Guardian.

View attachment 125720
View attachment 125721
View attachment 125722
View attachment 125724
I don’t wear heels anymore but how gorgeous are Kate’s shoes❤❤❤❤🥰🥰🥰.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t have personal experience of CSE, btw. It’s just so horrible to see minimising of it happening right now, by someone who should know better.

No, Sali, child sexual exploitation is not an “each to her own” issue. And nothing about this is “totally fine”.

19AC8C8B-385E-4EB7-86FE-2217C282139F.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I don’t have personal experience of CSE, btw. It’s just so horrible to see minimising of it happening right now, by someone who should know better.

No, Sali, child sexual exploitation is not an “each to her own” issue. And nothing about this is “totally fine”.

View attachment 125755
I am a victim of child sexual abuse by two different men. Hence my utter disgust at Sali and her flippant response. She's bleeping reprehensible.

Edited to add, as are Cult Beauty for not doing their due diligence and selling that crap and Bella Freud can get in the bleeping sea.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m not familiar with radiography used in that context. Is it autocorrect gone wild?

Sali really should have pulled the plug on this by now. The boxes haven’t left the shelves yet. There’s still time to replace the candle. She won’t.

SH must be kicking herself that she didn't do 5 minutes of googling to check out the Ginsberg name and to consider whether snails willingly give up their slime (and wtf, why is this dated, useless ingredient even in cosmetics anyway??) regardless of whether the product is cruelty free or not?

It explains a great deal about the standard of her journalism...

• Heart
I’m not familiar with radiography used in that context. Is it autocorrect gone wild?

Sali really should have pulled the plug on this by now. The boxes haven’t left the shelves yet. There’s still time to replace the candle. She won’t.
Exactly. It's not too late to turn this around

Reactions: 5
don’t wear heels anymore but how gorgeous are Kate’s shoes❤❤❤❤🥰🥰🥰.
They are, somewhat appropriately, Chanel.

I didn’t know about the Ginsberg or Chanel histories before joining Tattle.

I am a victim of child sexual abuse by two different men. Hence my utter disgust at Sali and her flippant response. She's bleeping reprehensible.

Edited to add, as are Cult Beauty for not doing their due diligence and selling that crap and Bella Freud can get in the bleeping sea.
I’m so sorry, @hongkongfuey. And totally agree with you.

SH must be kicking herself that she didn't do 5 minutes of googling to check out the Ginsberg name and to consider whether snails willingly give up their slime (and wtf, why is this dated, useless ingredient even in cosmetics anyway??) regardless of whether the product is cruelty free or not?

It explains a great deal about the standard of her journalism...
There’s nothing to suggest that she only found out today, on Insta, about Ginsberg. I’m sure she knew at some point prior. It just isn’t as important to her as her favourite jumper/candle.

Reactions: 6
I can’t imagine @hongkongfuey what awful terrors you’ve been through , life is tit and nothing I say makes it less awful . Take my ❤and I mean it with love .

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Over on Caroline Hirons' YouTube, she's talking about the Dr Dennis Gross pads, "A full-sized box of these, thank you very much." Ouch. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I can’t imagine @hongkongfuey what awful terrors you’ve been through , life is tit and nothing I say makes it less awful . Take my ❤and I mean it with love .
That's very kind of you, thank you 🥰

Life can be really tit, which I learned at a horribly young age but people have been through much worse than me and I'm honestly fine and extremely fortunate in so many other ways.

I think it's one of the reasons woe is me people like Sali piss me off so much. They haven't got a bleeping clue.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sali is suspiciously quiet on Twitter about the box
I don’t think she expected any criticism. She won’t be happy that she’s being pulled up about the snail secretion or the problematic candle.
This box has just been in a phone in, much like her column.

Reactions: 12
I'm ok, thank you. Sorry to bring a downer guys, I honestly wasn't looking for sympathy but just wanting to highlight these greedy, thoughtless fools for what they are.
No downer. But it highlights how obtuse these influencers are.
I’m so glad you’re in an ok place. Sending love and healing @hongkongfuey

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.