Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That main picture does not look like a happy bride that feels like she looks her best...

(there is something that screams "I'm not like other girls/I'm a cool mom" by having a hetero wedding party in a drag club)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That main picture does not look like a happy bride that feels like she looks her best...

(there is something that screams "I'm not like other girls/I'm a cool mom" by having a hetero wedding party in a drag club)
Totally agree about the drag part. And the bit about "we wanted to do it on our own terms" Unlike every other couple ever?

Tbf he did a good job. She looked very pretty there.
She really did

Reactions: 3
Career-wise, I think she might soon be wishing she’d followed this famous advice:

“Always be pleasant to the people you meet on the way going up—for they are the same people you meet on the way down!”

She treated the readers who created her community btl at The Guardian and then in GTL/SHB like crap as soon as her career took off away from those platforms. All influencers are going to feel the pinch now. SH might regret not respecting her genuinely keen readers and fans a little more.

And the move away from seemingly honest recommendations towards paid-for influencing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Career-wise, I think she might soon be wishing she’d followed this famous advice:

“Always be pleasant to the people you meet on the way going up—for they are the same people you meet on the way down!”

She treated the readers who created her community btl at The Guardian and then in GTL/SHB like crap as soon as her career took off away from those platforms. All influencers are going to feel the pinch now. SH might regret not respecting her genuinely keen readers and fans a little more.

And the move away from seemingly honest recommendations towards paid-for influencing.
Yes you are probably right. Genuine commenters are the meat and potatoes of an influencer - especially one trying to sell stuff. I'm no longer in the FB group so have no idea how much interaction she has there now. When I was last there it was very little - only popping in to ask for something eg questions for her podcast. She seems to have fallen in between stools now.

Reactions: 4
Yes you are probably right. Genuine commenters are the meat and potatoes of an influencer - especially one trying to sell stuff. I'm no longer in the FB group so have no idea how much interaction she has there now. When I was last there it was very little - only popping in to ask for something eg questions for her podcast. She seems to have fallen in between stools now.
Wonder if she still goes to the forum. I remember she used to only pop on for book launches and that kind of thing

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
For someone who aspires to effortless cool, she always seems to be trying so hard. Which would be excusable in your early 20s but is terribly sad at 45 (we're the same age).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wonder if she still goes fo the forum. I remember she used to only pop on for book launches and that kind of thing
in other words, things that were going to make her money. If you actually scratch the surface with Sali, it’s always been about the money. Don’t get me wrong, I get everyone has to make a living, but there seems to have been little to zero actual care, honesty, integrity throughout. If she is this dishonest and whiney with the current ASA guidelines it implies she was just galloping along regardless with the shill previously.

For someone who aspires to effortless cool, she always seems to be trying so hard. Which would be excusable in your early 20s but is terribly sad at 45 (we're the same age).
i find her the polar opposite of cool, always side eyeing to see what others are doing and just jumping on whatever bandwagon the bluetickers with actual careers are on.

Reactions: 12
I just read that Vogue article and some of it made me cringe. Actually, most of it. The part about the shade of nails ("in a decidedly unbridal vibrant rose shade"), I'm sorry but what is "unbridal" about pink?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm sorry but what is "unbridal" about pink?
It was leaning a bit more towards a tutu shade and not bridal enough?

I know I'm late to the party with the ginseng/ginsbury/gingivitis... re-branding of the candle, but that made me snort-laugh and still does!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Is she SJW on twitter but a shiller on insta?
This is what she's going for. The cognitive dissonance must be thrumming so loud, a bystander can hear it. She and her bluetick friends are seriously suggesting that house cleaners get their self-worth from cleaning toilets. Have they even heard of labour theory? Marx?

Reactions: 2
Yep, effortless cool people usually don’t have an issue with coming across as uncool because they are have little to prove. She uses her often very random logic of classifying things as cool and uncool that makes very little sense come to think of it. What’s wrong with appearing ‘bridal’ on your wedding day? If she were truly alternative because of her inner conviction, she wouldn’t have banged on about it at every possible chance.

Her hair looks dry af in those wedding photos. LIke it's been blow-torched. Really it is all such next-level vanity, isn't it? Posting those for someone else's birthday. How very touching

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yep, effortless cool people usually don’t have an issue with coming across as uncool because they are have little to prove. She uses her often very random logic of classifying things as cool and uncool that makes very little sense come to think of it. What’s wrong with appearing ‘bridal’ on your wedding day? If she were truly alternative because of her inner conviction, she wouldn’t have banged on about it at every possible chance.
Exacrly. I bet she used to be one of those those types that prattled on about marriage being a bourgeoisie institution and there's still the wannabe cool person in her- so she gets married but is keen to distinguish her wedding as being different from anyone elses, I.e the drag club reception, "we wanted to do it our own terms", talking about her supposedly unbridal nail colour

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@SqualorVictoria, spot on. She does it with so many things I’ve lost count. It will be a very long list indeed if someone totted up all the things she has declared as uncool over the years. The problem is life is rarely so straightforward and we all change and get to face our own inconsistency of opinions. I’m sure though, SH would have achieved such transformation ages ago and in an extremely cool and niche kind of way 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 3
In the Fortunately podcast they talk a lot about how much free time we all have now. I'd listen again for some direct quotes but UNfortunately, I don't have endless free time.

• Haha
It's the same line she trotted out when comparing herself to the other school mums. They were all so judgy when she turned up with grungy clothes and rakish hair. They were all 'perfect'. Hip, unconventional, quirky Sali - always the rebel and outsider.
I wonder if Kate Moss, who went down the full white wedding dress route, felt she wasn't doing it on her terms?

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.