Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest IGTV: “Everybody’s at home with a bit more time to look after themselves...”

No, Sali, they really are not. I know you’re in an influencer/media-land bubble, but surely you at least realise that the NHS staff that Beauty Banks deliver to are not in this category? Also shop and warehouse staff. Plus all the people for whom the pandemic means working extra hours from home while trying to keep on top of their kids’ education - they really don’t have more self-care time. And the teachers up until all hours trying to get the free school meals voucher system etc to work... they don’t either.

Just how insular can you be? But I guess that the group of people who are furloughed and bored at home, with money to spend, is an influencer’s dream.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That last IGTV was excruciating.

The whiny voice.
The ‘everybody is at home’ nonsense.
Beauty Pie......again.
Reading off her script.

Does she have that problem of touching her hair or face when she’s not being entirely honest about what she’s saying?

Reactions: 7
Ooh it’s like that Tim Roth series (Lie to Me) about the micro-tells in here!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That last IGTV was excruciating.

The whiny voice.
The ‘everybody is at home’ nonsense.
Beauty Pie......again.
Reading off her script.

Does she have that problem of touching her hair or face when she’s not being entirely honest about what she’s saying?
Beauty Pie isn't even high street...

Reactions: 6
So the Mr knows if she slathers herself in Palmers he can forget any hope of a maintenance shag 🤢
All this information she has put in the public domain - yet no doubt it will be seen as us talking about her sex life. No. We are talking about what she has said about her sex life.

Reactions: 8
Is Beauty Pie an MLM or something? The way Sali and Caroline flog it makes me suspicious of the company.

The prices for suncream that beauty journalists recommend are horrifying, I always turned the pages on sunday supplement suncream reviews because they were so expensive and if used properly would only last about month
That’s the thing, these beauty influencers are either lying or not using the product correctly because you need half a teaspoon for your face/neck. And I hardly ever see them use it on their neck or ears or lips.

Reactions: 3
I find myself scanning Sali’s past few IG posts to try to spot which products she’s hyping, and whether they will be in her Cult Beauty box. Also, random question, but why is she suddenly posting about self-care (ugh)?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Is Beauty Pie an MLM or something? The way Sali and Caroline flog it makes me suspicious of the company
i was confused and suspicious initially but had a lot of friends recommend the products. it's absolutely not an mlm (i hate them!) - just an alternative funding model. it's marcia kilgore who did bliss (the products of my youth!) - legit and some fab products. sh and ch promoting it make me sad.

Reactions: 4
Also, random question, but why is she suddenly posting about self-care (ugh)?
Pretty much a direct quote:

“Hiya! Self-care’s obviously such a buzz expression at the moment... so I wanted to jump on the bandwagon in a blatantly desperate attempt to claw back some relevance...”

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Pretty much a direct quote:

“Hiya! Self-care’s obviously such a buzz expression at the moment... so I wanted to jump on the bandwagon in a blatantly desperate attempt to claw back some relevance...”
💯

and still she just fails.

• Haha
Hasn’t beauty always been self care? I don’t really like the term but I see self care more as allotting some special time to do something just for yourself that makes you feel better so it could be a bath and a face mask or it could be a run or meditation, however I don’t think body lotion or a shower really counts.

Hasn’t beauty always been self care? I don’t really like the term but I see self care more as allotting some special time to do something just for yourself that makes you feel better so it could be a bath and a face mask or it could be a run or meditation, however I don’t think body lotion or a shower really counts.
It’s becoming the new ‘me time’.

Reactions: 1
i find her videos excruciating, they aren’t comfortable, relaxing, something to watch over a cuppa. I watched part of the Chanel one today as it’s a product I do quite like. Her gaspy, brittle delivery is just painful and her application of the product was so grim I didn’t stick around for the second cheek.

Reactions: 7
If posting a video about Chanel, shouldn't she be required to disclose the Chanel pressday/photoshoot she did a few months ago?

(Unsurprisingly Sali insists that the coconut oil in the Chanel replacement won't break people out, because she didn't break out and because she asked Chanel's PR about it...)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
i find her videos excruciating, they aren’t comfortable, relaxing, something to watch over a cuppa. I watched part of the Chanel one today as it’s a product I do quite like. Her gaspy, brittle delivery is just painful and her application of the product was so grim I didn’t stick around for the second cheek.
I found 8 minutes to say 'they are nearly the same apart from coconut oil' in a variety of ways was a bit excessive too.
And yes as if Chanel are going to say - 'Yes it makes you spotty. Your cunning line of questioning has caught us out'. Maybe ask people who, dunno, aren't actually invested in the product?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ever since it was mentioned here how she constantly gasps for air, I can’t not see it. Also she does that thing that Emma Guns does (which put me right off listening to her podcast), which is constantly stopping to swallow. If you’re constantly having to swallow saliva, something’s not right, mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.