Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Badabing101

VIP Member
I’ve had something on my mind for a while now.

Meh to all of it TBH. The beauty box, the column, the affectations, the dressing for Leonard and also meh to myself for going round in circles every time I’m confronted with something related to how she feels about tattle.

My main issue is nothing to do with how she presents herself in product content, what’s in her column or anything along those lines. It’s always been directly related to her video that Friday, which sent me here... where I read every single thread and could not connect the dots between the video and what was being said here. That video was the one event that alerted me to question her version of the truth, because she has a very different view of what has been said here. There was also the snippy vibes I picked up on in the comments and replies on her IG channel.

We all perceive events through the lens in which we see. I genuinely think she doesn’t see it and never will. With that in mind, I really don’t see the point. I’m annoyed with myself for being so easily influenced by the whole influencer category - whether that’s stealth selling of a cleanser to spending money on a book I will never read...

I don’t want to be misrepresented (as part of this forum) by her. I am aware that she probably feels exactly the same way about what she reads on here. So I find myself
coming full circle and feeling MEH about it.

Not quite sure where this has come from but just wanted to put it out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Also shows you she has gone over the ‘legal facts’ with CB over what she must say about the boxes ‘full size’ & ‘cruelty free’ when both are very questionable.

legal facts over the candle could have been a rabbit hole o_O

Sali has no grace, can never admit she was wrong, can never even just bite the bullet when something is pointed out to her. Has to be right... and snippy......and tell everyone she is right.....and tell everyone again. She must be exhausting and tiresome to be around.

Mokie

Chatty Member
I’ve posted similar before on this thread but the filter free train selfies really got my goat. I remember looking at them and feeling completely shit about myself. She’s a good few years older than me and I couldn’t get my head around the fact she looked that good all without a filter. I promptly ordered several of the makeup products she’d listed. Little did I realise that she’s had a helping hand from a Mayfair Dr. Maybe I was naive but when someone’s shtick is ‘pretty honest’.......

• Sad
  • Angry

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I wonder as well as ‘Nervo’ bingo, Sali has a list of sponsors she has to shoehorn into everything she writes tacked above her desk? The fact that she shoves Grensons into advertorial about box sets is nuts. Guess it pays the bills - she can prob charge a few £100 for that ‘subtle’ plug alone. It’s so pathetically transparent.
Omg do you think the whole mention of S and TC was simply to shoehorn in a Grensons mention? The S and TC recommendation did seem odd.
I'm wondering what other programmes an advert can be inserted into subtly - 'Dynasty - we can all marvel at the amazing bouffant hair - thank goodness things have changed since the arrival of stylists like Hersheson'.

• Haha
I’m aware of someone who is a hospital patient at the moment. The nurses have asked that hair conditioner is brought into the hospital for them. It got me thinking about the whole beauty banks thing. NHS workers genuinely deserve the moon on a stick right now, although what they probably want is adequate pay, enough PPE and tolerable work conditions rather than a bottle of bath oil. But... shouldn’t this whole beauty banks thing be aimed at patients? Most people end up in hospital pretty suddenly. Most hospitals do have a mechanism that their belongings can be taken to them despite no hospital visitors (though it’s tricky if you’re still working full time to actually get the stuff there). Enter beauty banks and enough luxury products to make people in hospital feel a bit more human. I can’t imagine how scary it must be faced with nurses and Drs with heavy levels of PPE on all around you, far less if you’re unwell enough to actually be in hospital.

Last edited:

torontoon

Chatty Member
I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with this one so Googled the phrase to see where it would take me. Why is nobody talking about Ginsberg and the hideous inappropriateness of the candle/sweater/whatever other shit Bella Freud has put it on.

Also, I didn't realize how unlikeable BF was until now.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
I too hate this idea that selt-care is best achieved with the purchase of a new product. That attitude was rife among GTL iirc. I have so many nail polishes. I definitely don't need to put a delivery driver at risk by getting more mailed to me. Or spend £15 on a bottle myself.

It's a trick to make people think that if they don't spend money on a treat for themselves they aren't valuing themselves enough. It's how people get into debt. It makes me sick to think how much I was enabled in the past.

It's also grim on behalf of influencers because they aren't paying for any of their self care. They can transfer the money we spend on nail polish into their stocks and shares ISA and do some self care for their future
It's gone 180 from that 'self care is a political act' quote.
Self care is often v unattractive. It's a night bus ride when you feel grim but your body needs something from a 24hr pharmacy. Its saying no to someone draining or not respectful. Its taking care of body parts that mainstream media consider different to the aesthetic norm.

I've heard first hand that lots of independent therapists are struggling financially atm because their clients are.

• Heart
  • Sad

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I had a quick look at the Bella Freud site - you can also buy a unisex perfume inspired by Ginsberg 'the tousle haired poet surrounded by books and papers'. You too can smell like a kiddy fiddler :sick: .

• Sick
  • Angry

Badabing101

VIP Member
It’s not really journalism is it? it's like an extended IG comment ... the word count in the column is pretty tight but it could be a bit (lot) more informative.

• Heart
Given her passion and knowledge for fragrance, it would have made more sense to create her own limited edition candle for the box, rather than a candle that's been knocking around for years with a problematic name.

Puzzfish

The more I think about her claiming that hairdressers (or the service industry, to be exact) are particularly impacted, the more I wonder how out of touch she is.

Yes, hairdressers are struggling at the moment, as so many of us are, but ultimately when they’re able to reopen (assuming they are in a position to) they’re in a good position to bounce back.

When this is all over, it’s very likely that whole sections of the arts will never be the same again, some airlines will no longer exist, and as we emerge out of this into a recession we’ll likely lose a huge amount of the high street. And all of this will take people’s jobs with it, as well as impacting our day to day lives.

Obviously we should feel for hairdressers and do what we can to support any small businesses struggling at the moment, but what universe are you living in to single them out as taking the biggest economic hit?

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Screenshot_20200427_143355_com.twitter.android.jpg
Completely forgot I screenshot this. Look at the way she tries to make Lucy look bad, made me feel really uncomfortable. Trying to shit stir or something, I don't know. It just didn't sit well. I don't care how good their friendship is, it comes across as bitchy.

• Wow
  • Sad

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I feel so ashamed I bought that candle years ago. Didn't have the foggiest about who he was or what he stood for
I don't think you should beat yourself up over it at all: it became popular because Kate Moss was seen wearing it and there was a vogue for the beat poets. You expect that if a slew of designers, manufacturers and stockists ok a slogan that it won't be deifying a known paedophile.

Equally, as I mentioned before, Bowie is still incredibly popular despite the common knowledge that he had sex with fans as young as 13/14 and it is seemingly accepted because "things were different back then" (🙄) - there's form for excusing terrible behaviour where talented males are involved and unless you dig it's hard to find these nuggets of disturbing information.

Part of the amazing thing about Tattle is the exposure of the vileness of the influencer model which we simply weren't aware of even a few years ago. Now we know to be more cynical about the motivation behind these products.

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
She’s totally bypassing the fact that the people who may have more time on their hands (big may) have been sacked or furloughed. So they don’t have the money to spend. She’s so out of touch and up her own arse it’s ridiculous.
Exactly. She's always comparing herself to a film critic but yet I don't recall Mark Kermode writing a column on the 5 best blu-ray players. He writes about film in a critical way. Surely as a journalist she can find it within her to write a piece on beauty that doesn't involve shilling products? Now I've no idea what that would be but I'm not a journalist, she's the one that claims to be.

Lisa Eldrige wrote a fascinating book on the history of makeup. Yet Sali had the cheek to say "I'm a writer, she's a makeup artist"

• Haha
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Oh dear. So the candle is contentious, the 🐌 cream is, and now the mini legally full size pads are. That is 50% of the box.
Brilliant.

• Haha
  • Wow

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
The ‘in-joke’ between Sam Chapman and Lauren regarding the candle and Sali’s “it’s just a name” shows up the kind of shallow ‘so what’ attitude their ilk is made up of.

Happy to get stuck into any relevant Twitter row regarding odious politicians , dodgy Hollywood producers or journalists they despise but a deceased trendy pweirdo loved by Bella of the Freud clan , it’s not so bad.

I wouldn’t bother complaining to anyone personally , the slogan’s been around for a few years and I doubt little would be achieved.

My shit list has been updated though; Cult Beauty and Real Technique brushes won’t be getting any of my money anymore.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Oh FFS - 'it's just a surname'?
Heard it all now. As someone else said here, so disingenuous. And she was aware of Ginsberg's past then - I really just presumed she didn't know.
She could try and say the criticism all started here, but I think she might find child rape is repugnant to most people - not just beef faced shitmouths.
Caroline Hirons group weren't too impressed - and a lot of the commenters had said 'I am a big Sali Hughes fan but...'

And as for the snail cruelty 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 14

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Now what could have happened between October 2019 and February 2020 for SH to go from mocking the brand to promoting them?
ahhh her cheque cleared.

Odious Sam Farmer’s words could have been written about Sali’s box “a mendacious marketing tactic deliberately created to cynically exploit the consumer by ridiculing them for profit”

• Heart
  • Wow

melfish

VIP Member
Kate Moss is the antithesis of Sali. She truly does not give a crap and is completely at ease in her own skin. She also doesn't force her opinions on people, have social media accounts and on and on.

• Heart