Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s totally bypassing the fact that the people who may have more time on their hands (big may) have been sacked or furloughed. So they don’t have the money to spend. She’s so out of touch and up her own arse it’s ridiculous.
Exactly. She's always comparing herself to a film critic but yet I don't recall Mark Kermode writing a column on the 5 best blu-ray players. He writes about film in a critical way. Surely as a journalist she can find it within her to write a piece on beauty that doesn't involve shilling products? Now I've no idea what that would be but I'm not a journalist, she's the one that claims to be.

Lisa Eldrige wrote a fascinating book on the history of makeup. Yet Sali had the cheek to say "I'm a writer, she's a makeup artist"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
No mention of Dry-By nail salons for the free #presstreatments? I'm shooketh.

People who are not painting their nails - most of the NHS workforce, people who have no idea when/how/if they have a job to go back to...

Reactions: 7
Okay enough with this guilt trip BS. I do feel terribly bad for every business that has suffered as a result but we've all got enough on our plate and enough worries of our own to contend with, now we're being expected to save the restaurant, hair and nails industries. What industry will be mentioned next week?

I get that it's going to be difficult to write a beauty column in such unprecedented times but here's a novel idea- why not write a journalistic beauty column that doesn't involve shilling/ telling people to buy more stuff/ guilt tripping
it doesn'teven make any sense if shes aying sales are up either!

Reactions: 4
I've never has less free time! I'm working from home and everything is taking me twice as long to do because stress/anxiety/remote work system crapness. I'm trying to homeschool (badly) and am doing almost everything else as my partner is chronically busy in a very stressful job. I exfoliated my feet this morning....whoop. My house is a tip.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
now we're being expected to save the restaurant, hair and nails industries. What industry will be mentioned next week?
Beauty influencers? Come on people, use their affiliate links, engage with their content, listen to their blathering and buy their boxes, because obvs everyone has sooooooo much more time right now and are probably only spending lockdown admiring their dry, flaking cuticles and using facial wash. Keep your British influencers going!!

• Haha
I didn't understand how buying shampoo from salons would help that much. It won't help the individual hairdressers (who are the ones who will really be suffering not the salon owners) as don't they all just rent chairs?

Reactions: 10
I paid (too much) to watch Sharmadean Reid's buisness day webinar, and disliked being asked for additional donations to out of work beauty professionals. But at least Sharamdean is working for the everyday beauty worker, not guilt tripping for brands - Sali did a whole interview with her, and the reason for her buisness is that beauty brands get rich off the backs of the salon staff.

Has Sali even researched if the brands mentioned are furloughing their staff or resolved to keep them all employed long term?

Reactions: 4
Okay enough with this guilt trip BS. I do feel terribly bad for every business that has suffered as a result but we've all got enough on our plate and enough worries of our own to contend with, now we're being expected to save the restaurant, hair and nails industries. What industry will be mentioned next week?
I was thinking this on the other day when on the news was a story about rhinos being poached cause there aren't tourists and their guides and rangers to keep poachers at bay.
It's another awful consequence but I was like... arghhh.. I just don't have the head space to consider this on top of everything that's happening to me, my family, my friends, my colleagues, my neighbours, my city, my country. It's too much.

Helplessness is overwhelming.

• Sad
I paid (too much) to watch Sharmadean Reid's buisness day webinar, and disliked being asked for additional donations to out of work beauty professionals. But at least Sharamdean is working for the everyday beauty worker, not guilt tripping for brands - Sali did a whole interview with her, and the reason for her buisness is that beauty brands get rich off the backs of the salon staff.

Has Sali even researched if the brands mentioned are furloughing their staff or resolved to keep them all employed long term?
I think CH did that for a while. You'd think the beauty journalist would...

Reactions: 1
This. I don’t trust her to have done even the most basic research. She’ll be asking us to help Victoria Beckham’s struggling brand next. (Or would be if VB hadn’t apparently frozen her out of her makeup launch 😉)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Or if anyone's interested in a squalane oil + vit C, I really like the one by Garden of Wisdom (from Victoria Health) called C-Deep Vitamin C Serum. £18 for 30ml.
Second this. I have that one and their 23% vitamin c and ferulic serums. It's only 10 quid and it's ace.

Reactions: 3
I’m afraid my assumption these days with Sali is that if she mentions a brand, there’s something in it for her.

SH is all about the product which comes across more than ever as completely tone-deaf in the distressing times we live in. I find it totally distasteful to be honest. Take LE as a comparison- she has come up with some lovely and relaxing videos from her bathroom which are all about using up what we’ve already got at home, and not about buying new tit.

Amazed that she didn’t share advice from her own favourite #presstreatment nail salon, begging us not to touch our nails during lockdown. Wait for a professional!! Or, if you’re really desperate, follow our step-by-step guide on how to remove your own polish... but we really wouldn’t advise it, skidders 💅🏽

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've never has less free time! I'm working from home and everything is taking me twice as long to do because stress/anxiety/remote work system crapness. I'm trying to homeschool (badly) and am doing almost everything else as my partner is chronically busy in a very stressful job. I exfoliated my feet this morning....whoop. My house is a tip.
I could have written this! I said to my husband this morning that tomorrow I was going to dry and straighten my hair just for giggles. I’m not sure I’ll be arsed though! I’m mentally exhausted with lockdown plus if I am in a shop, it’s like an episode of Supermarket Sweep - I will not be stopping to look at nail polishes!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
SH is all about the product which comes across more than ever as completely tone-deaf in the distressing times we live in. I find it totally distasteful to be honest. Take LE as a comparison- she has come up with some lovely and relaxing videos from her bathroom which are all about using up what we’ve already got at home, and not about buying new tit.
Lisa Eldridge's cat is more relevant than Sali these days... #styledbyTed

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m mentally exhausted with lockdown plus if I am in a shop, it’s like an episode of Supermarket Sweep - I will not be stopping to look at nail polishes!
I think the idea is to have the nail polish shipped in from Glasgow. Think I've got that right.

If you live in Glasgow, try Brighton. HTH!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.