Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awwww she is trying so hard to be part of that author group, maybe she will attempt a novel. Given her writing skills, that could be hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
79A460C6-2EAC-4436-B32E-7F6963A37D94.jpeg

Awwww she is trying so hard to be part of that author group, maybe she will attempt a novel. Given her writing skills, that could be hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
View attachment 131002
She started one a good few years back and it never materialised. I remember it being mentioned at the end of an interview. Didn’t it even have a title?

FWIW, I would have bought a box - I like all the contents (although didn’t realise Ginsberg was a nonce, so thanks for that info tattle!) but I just dislike her too much

Reactions: 1
What is YOUPI?
Don’t ask me how I know, don’t want to admit to deep research nor nuthin’, but “Youpi” is a French way of writing “yippee”. Jenny Colgan lives (or lived) in France.

internationally influencing, d’ysee?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
YOUPI? Oh, do duck off, Jenny.

looks like Lucy Mangan wasn’t sent one. I’m sure Sali x will sort it asap xxx

Reactions: 3
She started one a good few years back and it never materialised. I remember it being mentioned at the end of an interview. Didn’t it even have a title?
Falling and laughing, I think (remembered because of the Orange Juice song).
She was going to do a fashion version of Pretty Honest too - that would have aged well.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

FWIW, I would have bought a box - I like all the contents (although didn’t realise Ginsberg was a ponce, so thanks for that info tattle!) but I just dislike her too much
If she’s got a touch of writer’s block, I’m sure we could help out, workshop a few ideas... 🤔

(Ginsberg is N O N C E, btw)

Reactions: 8
Falling and laughing, I think (remembered because of the Orange Juice song).
She was going to do a fashion version of Pretty Honest too - that would have aged well.
Didn't she recently mention she was planning an updated version of Pretty Honest also?

Just thinking again about the Ginsberg stuff. All the info about NAMBLA is on his Wikipedia page. And documented here since last year too.

Really is no excuse to claim ignorance on this as the curator of the box.

Imagine just overlooking something like that to sell a box. Truly shameful.

Reactions: 12
And then to blow it off with "It's just a name". Hitler is also just a name

Or "It's a film reference"

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Ooh, a Hitler candle! Or maybe you could personalise and collect an entire set of Nuremberg faves? F.A.N.C.Y!!

I don’t know, she can argue about full size/ small size/definitely not mini til the cows come home/all boxes are shifted (delete as appropriate), but this awful candle keeps coming back to the forefront of my mind.

Can you imagine if Owen Jones or someone was selling T-shirts with that phrase, instead of Bella F? She’d be apoplectic

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t know, she can argue about full size/ small size/definitely not mini til the cows come home/all boxes are shifted (delete as appropriate), but this awful candle keeps coming back to the forefront of my mind.
Same here. I will admit I didn't know about Ginsberg's predilections until these threads. I'd always thought he and the rest of the Beat Poets were just pretentious crashing bores (a book called Howl! FFS) but once you know the true depravity of the man you can't unsee it can you. So why anyone would have a range of goods celebrating him is baffling, equally anyone who would buy the stuff - if they knew.
I had genuinely assumed Sali didn't know, but her answers to people pointing it out don't back that up. She wasn't absolutely horrified, but did that 'it's just a name', and thought it being a film quote justified it.
It is almost as bad taste as a range of goods with 'Springtime for Hitler' on them - just a name and a film quote.

Reactions: 8
I had genuinely assumed Sali didn't know, but her answers to people pointing it out don't back that up. She wasn't absolutely horrified, but did that 'it's just a name', and thought it being a film quote justified it.
It is almost as bad taste as a range of goods with 'Springtime for Hitler' on them - just a name and a film quote.
I think that she didn’t know but she can’t admit that. She has to seem like she knows everything. In fact she’s known for ages.

To not know would show she’s just copying and isn’t really a Ginsberg ‘fan’. Just she thought it was cool. Like kids wearing AC/DC T-shirts despite only listening to little mix (or whoever the pop trend is these days.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I think that she didn’t know but she can’t admit that. She has to seem like she knows everything. In fact she’s known for ages.

To not know would show she’s just copying and isn’t really a Ginsberg ‘fan’. Just she thought it was cool. Like kids wearing AC/DC T-shirts despite only listening to little mix (or whoever the pop trend is these days.)
I agree with this. She would much rather dig her heels instead of holding her hands up and saying she wasn't aware

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.