Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I don’t have personal experience of CSE, btw. It’s just so horrible to see minimising of it happening right now, by someone who should know better.

No, Sali, child sexual exploitation is not an “each to her own” issue. And nothing about this is “totally fine”.

View attachment 125755
I am a victim of child sexual abuse by two different men. Hence my utter disgust at Sali and her flippant response. She's fucking reprehensible.

Edited to add, as are Cult Beauty for not doing their due diligence and selling that crap and Bella Freud can get in the fucking sea.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Oh FFS - 'it's just a surname'?
Heard it all now. As someone else said here, so disingenuous. And she was aware of Ginsberg's past then - I really just presumed she didn't know.
She could try and say the criticism all started here, but I think she might find child rape is repugnant to most people - not just beef faced shitmouths.
Caroline Hirons group weren't too impressed - and a lot of the commenters had said 'I am a big Sali Hughes fan but...'

And as for the snail cruelty 🤦‍♀️
"It's just a surname" from the woman that snippily corrects anyone that accidentally calls her Sally.

Give me fucking strength.

She's a pompous, arrogant mean girl. Put that on a fucking candle, Sali.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Sali Hughes 16: The pweirdo candle scandal. Whats in a name? A candle by any other name would smell as sickening

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
Sorry to bring this back to the candle again. But I’ve found it unpleasant even reading this thread lately despite the lovely, funny and warm people here.

This has crossed a line from an irritating part of the media which I feel personally affected by and worry about my children and other women and so on... to being unequivocally wrong and nasty, part of the big blanket which covers abuse and lets it go on.

Much as I dislike Sali Hughes’ professional ethics (ie transparency, rudeness to commenters who I assume must be vulnerable if they’re constantly trying to talk to minor slebs, ruthless bullying of some women and nasty comments about others). I did not ever think a solid member of the Guardian team would sell an object which celebrates padophilia.

I don’t know what to do. Critique on public platforms has been laughed at or silenced or even reality denied. I don’t know which is worse. Maybe it isn’t such a big deal. But I think about all the people who have been through this and we’ve made so much progress but here up pops a big old jolly about it all. And it should have been a safe space. Ie in our ‘progressive’ broadsheet (because that is the platform that has given SH legitimacy).

• Heart
Reactions: 24

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
This 5 day supply of a daily use product also available in 30 and 60 packs is not mini. Excuse you but I’d like to speak to your manager regarding your weak grasp of legal facts. Thanks.
PS I don’t want to argue with you so could you please not disagree with me.
PPS nobody mention the sustainability of individually wrapped daily use products.
PPPS Gin and Ginger is God
PPPPS live laugh love

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Okay enough with this guilt trip BS. I do feel terribly bad for every business that has suffered as a result but we've all got enough on our plate and enough worries of our own to contend with, now we're being expected to save the restaurant, hair and nails industries. What industry will be mentioned next week?

I get that it's going to be difficult to write a beauty column in such unprecedented times but here's a novel idea- why not write a journalistic beauty column that doesn't involve shilling/ telling people to buy more stuff/ guilt tripping

• Heart
  • Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
This place is the easy target when things are not going well for influencers. Whether it’s a calculated sleight of hand or she genuinely finds it easier to focus her woes here (or probably a mix of the two), SH is not having a good time right now:
  • no chance of kidding anyone she’s a journalist anymore. Kept it going for a while but that ship has truly sailed now
  • Jumped into influencing for the £££ before the ASA rules changed but tried to pretend otherwise. Now stuck between a rock and a hard place. Would have been far better to embrace it and work out a visible balance but the ego wouldn’t allow it and now it’s biting her in the bum as she’s become what she previously looked down on
  • Week after week of lazy, boring phoned-in columns in The Guardian. No comments = no repeat visits to the pages. Can’t be going unnoticed at HQ
  • Has been talking about writing articles (eg basic things better than fancy like white bread v sourdough) - but clearly editors aren’t interested - she’s being offered advertorial pieces in Red as a consolation. Must be humiliating
  • The Cult Beauty Box. Poorly curated and badly handled. Not great for her reputation. It’s shown she’s not as powerful in the industry as she likes to think and has been well and truly eclipsed by the likes of Caroline Hirons at that sort of thing
None of this has been caused or created by Tattle 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad

istapp

4 pages too late but... ugh grl pwr gang. also why are they not 'grl pwr gng'? inconsistent (ncnsstnt)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Urrrrrgh. Allen Ginsberg staunchly and vocally advocated for his right to fuck young boys. But God forbid that should get in the way of your Bella Freud bum licking, Sal 🙄.

That is a LOT of money for some pretty low ticket items. I've been wearing the IT CC cream for years (ha) and it's always on offer on QVC. But sure, people would rather get a "carefully curated" box from the queen of snip.

• Angry
  • Sick

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
The 'Salinistas' are just as snippy as she is. I didn't think the lady that asked the question was being rude.

Oh, and they're still referring to her as "La Hughes" :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20200507_171344.jpg Screenshot_20200507_170530.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha

Hereforthefacts

Chatty Member
I read some comments earlier, and somebody actually suggested to just choose any shade of the CC cream because even if it isn't used the box is still great value 🤷🏻‍♀️ Who are these people!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I too hate this idea that selt-care is best achieved with the purchase of a new product. That attitude was rife among GTL iirc. I have so many nail polishes. I definitely don't need to put a delivery driver at risk by getting more mailed to me. Or spend £15 on a bottle myself.

It's a trick to make people think that if they don't spend money on a treat for themselves they aren't valuing themselves enough. It's how people get into debt. It makes me sick to think how much I was enabled in the past.

It's also grim on behalf of influencers because they aren't paying for any of their self care. They can transfer the money we spend on nail polish into their stocks and shares ISA and do some self care for their future

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I was going to say on her tweet about eyesight something I heard, but will put it here as someone she knows might read it and pass it on, who knows 🤷‍♀️ .
I read an interesting article about how it is the first time ever that young people's eyesight is worse than the previous generation's. The reason is not as simple as just increased screen time, which is what was at first thought, but a sort of by product. It is the fact that they don't vary their focal length enough ie look into the distance regularly. You can imagine a child in school studying, then at home doing homework and then on their phone for hours is different to when more children played outside.
So I presume it is possible during this lockdown for vision to deteriorate as for days on end your vision extends to your nearest wall with occasional glances outside.
The advice is to regularly focus on distant and middle distant objects for a couple of minutes instead of close objects all the time - every half hour or so if possible.
Not sure if this can mend deteriorating vision - but it can help prevent it.

Free advice courtesy of Dr Tattle 👩‍⚕️

• Heart

Booklover

VIP Member
Slightly off at a tangent. Dawn O'Porter has put a post on her Insta wishing Louis Theroux a happy 50th birthday, and she hasn't featured a shot of herself in the montage. 👏👏
It can be done then. Love DOP btw.

• Haha
  • Heart

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Sali's comment on someone else's "close down tattle video", she always pops up on these video. Must read here alot:
View attachment 131343
Give it a rest Sali, think about why you have your thread and what causes the comments.

There’s nothing wrong with me, I’m happy , positive and it doesn’t suck to be me. I just don’t like you.

• Haha
  • Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
zcfthc5
Sali's IG "My family ran out of our favourite shampoo and so I bought some more from an independent salon in Glasgow who do e-commerce."
I'm amazed that 1) she couldn't find an independent salon closer to Brighton, 2) she thinks that buying a non-indie brand shampoo from 450 miles away is a good use of a fuel and distribution networks?
Do as I say, not as I do? 🤔

2AEBC011-4041-4B92-B785-1BE760221BF0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21