Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thump

VIP Member
I hope she had private healthcare is all I can say

It is people's business if you're costing the health service thousands of pounds -14 miscarriages!! Loads of children out there looking to be adopted.
I would imagine there was zero chance she was in the public health system and if she was, the public system is there for everyone so why should she not use it. I don’t smoke but I don’t object to people being treated for smoking related diseases. I believe there are approximately 3 countries in the world that you can adopt from as couple living in Ireland, not exactly over run with options no matter how many children world wide may be up for adoption and domestic adoptions take around 5 years and are rarer than hen’s teeth here. Adoption isn’t reserved for people with fertility issue by the way nor is it their responsibility to ensure there are no children in need elsewhere before trying to conceive their own. The same is true for any couple. And by the way, because you seem to know damn all about it, there’s virtually zero cost or medical input in the case of most early miscarriages. Rosanna has said previously that the first time she ever got to see a heartbeat other than with her daughter, was on the twins. It generally costs the health service nothing when a 5 weeks pregnant lady starts bleeding at home. I’ve seen some mean spirited things written in my time on tattle but you’re on another level.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Whiskey

Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user
This thread is very bitchy I must say. She’s had an awful time of it and been very honest about their journey. Let her wear makeup on the operating table if she wants to. To suggest that she might start treating the little girl differently because she has naturally borne sons is a disgusting thing to even think, let alone suggest.

Reactions: 41
I have the same fertility issue as Rosanna in that my immune system is in overdrive and views my husbands sperm as a foreign body and attacks it. I'm lucky enough not to have suffered 14 miscarriages which must have been awful for her, but it's still a very lonely and painful journey.

She has spoken about the difficulty that infertility poses especially the pain that you hear when a friend or celebrity announces their pregnancy and that really resonated with me. It felt like I wasn't the only one.

Fast forward to now, and yes it is wonderful for her to have her babies especially after her long and painful journey. But I think, and I'm conscious that this may seem irrational to anyone who hasn't struggled with fertility, that she's forgotten how it felt to be so hopeless and sad and alone and how difficult it is to see babies and mummies and pregnancy plastered all over insta feeds. I wouldn't suggest that she never post anything about her babies but it's the fact that it's all she ever posts that I find myself a bit disappointed, especially after she voiced her own feelings about this when she was struggling. But I know that my feelings aren't her responsibility, this is just helpful to vent! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Picture123

I'm not a huge fan but after what she's been through let her have face dolled up and all the pretty pics she wants. 14 babies she never got to take home, never got to cuddle, have a photo of. If I was her I'd be milking up every second too. She was obvs elective cesarean too so she had time to do her makeup. I agree with the accepting all the gifted stuff though, she doesn't need it, it would be nice for her to donate it/decline it

Reactions: 36

josephsgal

It's bitchy because the woman just gave birth to twins after 14 miscarriages and people are giving out because she looks too good? I'm delighted for her and for all she has done in highlighting all the struggles women go through if they want children. 14 times she put her body through it because she so desperately wanted to carry a child! She could have all the privileged childhood in the world but that must have been so stressful on her, her body, her mental health and her marriage! Thank God there is a happy ending for them!

Reactions: 34

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Her appearance is very dated looking. She would look so much better with a more up to date look. She’s hanging onto those early 00 extensions for dear life. I wish she’d loosen up a bit and not be so uptight. I actually don’t mind her and think she has a bit of substance to her but everything is it’s so pristine, and I find that part of her hard to relate to. Not saying she needs to come on like a slob but she just gives off these try hard vibes and that everything is fine tuned and manicured to the nth degree. It’s hard to take her seriously sometimes

Reactions: 33

Thump

VIP Member
I find it bizzare after suffering so many losses she posts her babies all the time. Its so triggering to see babies on SM after a miscarriage
I find it bizarre that people think she wouldn’t, she’s a new mother regardless of her past struggles. She should be allowed to post her kids if she wants to. I could be wrong but I don’t think her page or following was down to her fertility story so I imagine the bulk of her long term follows are not necessarily going to be triggered by her showing her kids tho they might be tired looking at them and unfollow. Her page was never really fertile-struggle heavy. Yes she told her story publicly in a few interviews and podcasts but I don’t think she spoke of it day in day out on social media so her page to my mind is not a miscarriage/fertility struggle page say like Sinead Hingston’s page is or Denise Pelo who would have documented her ivf journey and fertility issues on her social media for years and gained lots of followers for that content specifically.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

josephsgal

Waited around the hospital like vultures? It was the birth of their daughter! I feel like people complain she was there but also if they heard she wasn't there it'd be "oh she wouldn't even go to the hospital for the birth, just swooped in and took the baby" like she can do no right. She is hardly going to document second by second what was no doubt a very stressful, emotional, worrying time for EVERYONE involved in it! And she was hardly going to come on introducing the surrogate to everyone??

Sorry I don't get any of your point there @Airy-fairy are you saying she shouldn't have had the twins as a way of helping other people with fertility issues? She openly spoke about having 14 miscarriages! Why did you put miracle in inverted commas???? Don't find her genuine for what? Having babies? Just don't see your point sorry

Reactions: 29

ilikelamp

Chatty Member
She irks me and I had to unfollow. I don't want to hear I'm a mum, I'm a mum for years... 🤯 was happy to hear she was pregnant after her talking about her struggles though. Have gone back for a nose lately and see she says she's in a support bubble with her parents... aren't bubbles to be with someone who lives alone? And you should still be keeping your distance when you are together...but..selfies galore with the mother. Just annoys me... might see my parent next year...who knows.
Please don't come @ me for this but I visit my parents. Life is too short! They are not getting younger. I keep my distance, meet outside when possible, mask up, etc. It's gone to the stage now I have to weigh up the pros and cons and life is too short to regret not seeing them!! Sending you love! It's so tough! Hopefully restrictions lift soon! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think they were 14 chemical pregnancies which had no heartbeat and before week 6. It'd very possible to conceive straight away after too. I say this as someone who has experienced pregnancy loss and has a similar condition to Rosanna.

It was explained to me that the immune system is constantly changing, a lot of women with this condition give up booze and coffee and gluten as its highly inflammatory and therefore kicks in immune responses.

I hope I get my happy ending like Rosanna, wouldn't be able to afford yo go down the surrogacy route though.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

MickyJo

I had to have my baby early at same time Sophia was born and had a very traumatic birth physically took 4 months to heal from I found her very annoying saying she was wrecked from night feeds etc and I found myself saying to myself that’s nothing compared to everything else you have to go through so she might eat some humble pie this time around
What a horrible thing to say about a woman who had 14 miscarriages!! Eat humble pie? Sick.
Just because she didn’t give birth to Sophia doesn’t mean she didn’t have a right to be tired from night feeds my god you must be so bitter to say something like that

Reactions: 25

blondeminion15

VIP Member
Is the cookbook any good?
I would say it's misguided and irresponsible. She talks about how she how became vegetarian and attributes it to having less colds, sore throats and acne. Then she says she cut out dairy and that milk gave her a blocked nose after she reintroduced it. She talks about the nutrition course (I use that term lightly) and says she was 'shocked' at what she was learning about the effects of excess dairy and animal protein in our diets. The narrative is basically cut out all these things if you want to 'beat the bloat' and have long shiny hair and good skin. She admits that her diet consists of fruit, veg, nuts and nut butters. She says you should avoid refined cards as much as possible and includes white pasta, rice and bread in this. While these are not the best thing to eat all day long they are certainly not to be avoided. They can still be enjoyed in moderate quantities as part of a healthy diet. There is also a section called 'say goodbye to gluten'. She talks about going to see a dietician who made her eat dairy and thus made her unwell. She refers to her own 'clinical training' and says dairy is a problematic food. Nowhere in this book does it advise the person to seek the support of a trained professional when deciding to effectively eliminate entire food groups out of their diet. These changes may well have worked for her and the experience she refers to may well be true for her, but it is very irresponsible to imply that would be everyone's experience, and at the time she wrote this book she did not have an M.Sc in Nutrition, only some Mickey mouse diploma. I would say a big part of the reason she stays so slim is the sheer fact that she eats such an unrealistic and restrictive diet. As I mentioned before, pasta and potato's are good for you in the right quantities and are vegan yet the only starches she recommends are sweet potato, pumpkin and squash 🙄 She goes beyond the vegan protocol. Sorry for the rant, I just can't stand self-righteous bullshit. I actually went to see a registered dietician in The Hermitage a few years ago who told me about a new eating disorder which is emerging where people are obsessing over eating 'clean' and doing things like going dairy and gluten free for no reason other than they think it's 'bad', that was someone with an actual medical background, not Miss World.

I also think it's ironic that someone who claims cutting all these things out will give you clear skin, long shiny hair and a flat tummy when they themselves haven't been seen a day without hair and eyelash extensions or a full face of make-up for the last 10 years, have their own P.T, get all their facials and cosmetic tweakments in The Beacon, and eat next to nothing. Even the title of the book - 'Eat Yourself Beautiful' is so wrong.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Thumper

I have 2 friends who have had babies using a surrogate. I think the comments on here are generally lacking in empathy. Neither of my friends are in any way well off, one has sold her house and moved in with her in laws to afford it, one has remortgaged to the hilt. They both tried and had years of treatment, loss and heartbreak to get to the point of surrogacy. Both have a close and ongoing relationship with their surrogate. Yes, often these women come from socio economic disadvantage and it's open up abuse, but they choose to do this partly because it allows them to create a much better life for this children, and also partly because they are proud to be able to help a family have a much loved child. I also know a couple of American ladies who became surrogates for no financial gain, only because they knew what a gift it was, how privileged they are to find pregnancy easy when it alludes many. I have talked to them about how it's their proudest achievement. Surely we need to credit women with the intelligence to make decisions about their own bodies. All paid work is using some part of our bodies or minds for the use of others, is it a bit hypocritical to feel every other use of our bodies is fine but using out uterus to grow a child is some sort of forced bondage. For those critical of surrogacy, I suspect you may have a different or at least more informed opinion, if you, or your daughter, or your best friend went through the heartache that many people are encountering every day. No-one (or at least almost no-one) chooses to have someone else carry their child, to see someone else's bump grow, to worry about them from thousands of miles away.

• Heart
  • Angry

MunHun

VIP Member
Firstly I do think it is such a heartwarming turn to her story to see her arms full with babies now and I’m sure that she loves them all equally. We do not know her reasons for protecting her daughters identity but I’m assuming it was due to the surrogacy, yet now she has shown the boys a few times but still conceals Sophias face. I do find it completely unrealistic when she is dolled up to the nines looking perfect with 3 small babies and no sleep. I am not saying she’s not allowed look her best I just find it so far removed from what the baby years are actually like. Crying in the shower because you can hear someone crying for you is more my experience so maybe I’m just jealous too cos she does look fabulous. Being privileged was just down to the birth lottery so we can’t hold her accountable for the life she was born into. All the money in the world does not ease the heartache of infant loss. But it is obvious that she is portraying an unrealistic image for many mothers who can’t afford help and that’s not good for women’s mental health. I do prefer a more realistic representation of Motherhood.

Reactions: 24

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
I dislike her, for her condescending ways. I don't believe one word when she says that those twins were conceived naturally.
She's so precious

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Jollyolly

To be fair, she posted one pic of their faces when they were minutes old, I don't think that will make them identifiable in future (presumably this is why she keeps her daughter's face off camera). I'd be hard pushed to pick my own little fella out of a line up of minutes old babies 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Its_Me

VIP Member
I’m going to chime in with what is probably an unpopular opinion. I don’t think any new mum should feel bad about looking her worst and admit to struggling. Same way I don’t think anyone should be shamed for glamming up. Rosanna has always been that person, she wears make up on the beach, to work out, to walk the dogs etc etc My sister has two young children she’s always done up and she doesn’t have any help, her partner is even pretty useless. I would probably be the opposite because I’ve never been someone who glams on a daily basis. Some people just find the time and motivation, others don’t and either way its ok in my opinion 💛

Reactions: 22

Lolo3103

Her story is a miracle, 14 miscarriages and she carried two healthy babies....but I’m sorry “oh I’m giving birth today, must contour my eyebrows and put on that shimmery eyeshadow I’ve been dying to wear”! I don’t dislike the girl but she’s just not relatable at all, she spent her entire pregnancy going to a Personal Trainer 3 times a week and having a swim in her parents private pool, also bearing in mind she has a one year old aswell! I think her fertility story is fantastic and she should continue to share it. And she was gifted soooo many items for the twins which I’m sure she could have paid for 10 times over, given that she is in such a fortunate position, it would have been nice if she gave those products away to families who are struggling financially especially during the pandemic! Or maybe I’m just jealous of her money lol 😂

Reactions: 20
I have the same fertility issue as Rosanna in that my immune system is in overdrive and views my husbands sperm as a foreign body and attacks it. I'm lucky enough not to have suffered 14 miscarriages which must have been awful for her, but it's still a very lonely and painful journey.

She has spoken about the difficulty that infertility poses especially the pain that you hear when a friend or celebrity announces their pregnancy and that really resonated with me. It felt like I wasn't the only one.

Fast forward to now, and yes it is wonderful for her to have her babies especially after her long and painful journey. But I think, and I'm conscious that this may seem irrational to anyone who hasn't struggled with fertility, that she's forgotten how it felt to be so hopeless and sad and alone and how difficult it is to see babies and mummies and pregnancy plastered all over insta feeds. I wouldn't suggest that she never post anything about her babies but it's the fact that it's all she ever posts that I find myself a bit disappointed, especially after she voiced her own feelings about this when she was struggling. But I know that my feelings aren't her responsibility, this is just helpful to vent! 😊
Literally my first time ever posting on Tattle but I just had to comment on how eloquent and well written your post is. I hope you and your husband have the happy ending you want as it must be so tough. X

• Heart

Thumper

True.
But with the amount of apparent miscarriages she's had, you'd have to wonder why she'd be trying again with such a risk, especially when they were apparently lining up another surrogate.
And I wonder why she felt the need to show the faces of her birth babies when her other child has never been shown.
Sorry but she pushes my buttons!

The photo thing really bugged me! I think people are more than entitled to not share their children online, but the 'privacy' around the surrogate delivered child, compared to the instant showing of the twins makes me wonder if there is some sort of shame being attached to the first baby.

My friend had twins with the help of a surrogate at the same time as Rosanna (after another incredibly difficult road). Since Rosanna has been pregnant with the twins my friend has had so many messages telling her, and telling her 'it might still happen for them'. She finds it so upsetting- because it has happened for them! The twins are their miracle.

The media have painted Rosanna's first child as almost the thing that cured her fertility issues and allowed her to have 'her own' family. I always gave her the benefit of the doubt that maybe that was just their take on it and it's not how she felt but the pictures have really made me wonder.

I just hope Sophia doesn't grow up feeling third best.