Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dee_mc

VIP Member
What’s the new video with”big changes” ? Can’tbear to watch it so if anyone could summarise !
She goes through her morning routine in what feels like real time
She's getting up at 5:30am every day including weekinds and chugging a fuckton of water
She doesn't know what the silica packet in her prooobiotic and preeebiobic supplement bottle is for
She gets cooozee in a chair wearing her dressing gown and a blanket while it's still dark outside and meditates using an app on her phone. By total coincidence the app she uses is from a company she collaborated with a couple of months ago 🙄
And she doesn't mind doing the meditation because she doesn't think about it too much and is still half asleep at this stage. Ahem.
Then she writes in her gratitude journal and thinks of her intintions for the day. She thinks it's actually an evening journal where you write what you're grateful for at the end of the day but sure what harm.
She's inspired by things like an outfit she saw a girl wearing while she was out for her walk, or by someone owning a particular business.
Then she writes in her daily planner and schedules her day per hour. I shit you not. 15 minutes at 6am breaking down what time she'll go for a walk and what time she'll cook dinner with Tammy and what time she'll defrost her nipples after another crosswalk photoshoot. Sow sow productive.
Then she goes for a walk or a workout or goes out for a coffee if it's bright enough or just waits until its bright enough if its not bright enough. Jesus Christ I can't go on.
She spends 15 to Twinty minutes on her skincare routine. Yes, that's nearly two hours a week rubbing things to her face.
Then we have an ad for a skincare brand and a sneaky mention of her jewellery collab.
Change number 2 is with regard to food. Sounds like she has IBS or an undiagnosed gut issue. She's eating better to help combat this. She keeps her almond butter in the fridge for some reason.
She's trying out a vegetarian diet the last month.
She's off the booze the last 5 weeks and planning to do 3 more dry weeks. Tammy is off it too. She thinks her skin looks better as a result. She talks a lot about the Irish and NYC drinking cultures and mentions her many friends from other cultures who drink so much less. Where does she hide them?!
Change number 3 is going to bed at half eight. She likes to be asleep by 21:30, 22:00. I gather the time in between is spent reading her book and drinking tea. She has Tammy on the same schedule.

She seems to have learned the word "concise" this month, but she doesn't know how to use it yet: she's used it in two separate wrong contexts between her last two videos.

You're welcome 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

Localeyes

Tbh I’m expecting Helena to whip out a few zip locked bags of the fucking Indian they love so much from killarney 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 42

dee_mc

VIP Member
Watched her 2 vlogmas videos yesterday (bored in work, love a bit of NYC Christmas contint and wanted to see the gaff)
My favourite bits were when she bought a white tree skirt with tiny colourful pompoms round the end. I was like "oh cute, she's allowing a tiny pop of colour in the monochrome dentist's waiting room". Nope. She actually cut them off. Same story with the garland she bought because Kaelin has one in her apartment. Few subtle red berries? Nah, lop 'em off!
She spotted a metallic wreath. "Oh it's such a pity its not go-illed" she says. "I have spray paint: you could spray it go-illed" says Mary Kingston Kaelin. "Such a pity it's not go-illed" Erika muses, as though the idea of manual labour had never been raised.
Oh and she bought pot pourri ("these things") because it reminds her of her mother. Presented it in a crystal bowl and put it on the dining table.
Vlogmas 3: bringing Tommy to A&E after he ingisted 450g of scented sticks thinking they were posh trail mix from Trader Joe's

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Peppy23

none of this was illegal, they did what everyone else travelling had to do. If Aer Lingus allowed the dog on the plane then good luck to them, I’d do anything to get mine in the cabin. I had friend’s have to fly to multiple countries to get back to the USA, they followed the rules that were set out. I would do what it took to get my mum over to see me, if it doesn’t put me in jail, I’d do it.

Also, in America, you see the biggest dogs in the shops as ‘support dogs’, you see all sorts of support animals. It really isn’t a huge deal to people so Joey wouldn’t make people look twice.
This is the reason why this pandemic will last forever 🙄

Reactions: 31

Pinksy33

Lads, you would get up at 5.30 too , if the dentist surgery opened up in your apartment at 9AM each morning 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
If anyone wants a laugh go to Kaelin's latest TikTok. It popped up on FYP and I was shocked.

It was her saying "never imagined growing up in rural Ireland that this would be my view someday" with the view of the city from her apartment.

The comments were flooded with young Irish girls asking "omg how can I do this?"

The answer- have a sister who has a semi-impressive insta following, parents who defaulted on a load of Celtic tiger era loans but still have money to bankroll your lifestyles, and then move to the states on the back of your sister's career.

I have nothing against Kaelin but it's the most unrealistic Irish in NY story ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Not_another_flogger

Why wasn't Retro at any events for NY fashion week? Did she even mention it? I follow a few other influencers in New York and their style is so flamboyant. She soooo boring. I literally cannot believe she goes to bed at 8.30 and gets up at 5.30 willingly. That's a toddlers schedule.
Shes not too unlike a toddler....
Gets up at 5 30 and goes to bed at 8 30.
Eats pasta with tomato sauce as her favourite gourmet meal!
Throws a tantrum if her sister gets more attention than her!
Her only friends are her sister and her mam!

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Tiggers_news

VIP Member
They go home to their family, I do the same thing as do many of my friends. I would think less of them if they never chose to go home to Ireland, it would be much easier to stay in NYC.
You flew home last year when travel was restricted did you? Stayed 3 months?
You brought a ‘toy’ dog, called it a support animal and let it sit on Aer finglas seats in the cabin?
Went back from said trip home through Mexico, shadily getting a tan, Botox & fillers?
Got vaccines ahead of all the people you met in Ireland on your shady money making trip home?
Had your family over for your 30th in Barbados in october?
Had your mum over on a jolly up courtesy of Aer Finglas in November recently?

Answers on a postcard please

• Haha
  • Heart

Emilyinparis20

You’re wrong! It was essential travel only & they were ultimately shady about everything
She had a story up last year about packing for home or something and it was the same day tony holohan/the gov had asked Irish abroad not to come home due to the situation. I replied to her story and asked her had she seen the announcement and would it make her think twice about coming/ change her plans and she responded and said the announcement didn’t apply to her!!! She honestly doesn’t give one iota for anyone else, as long as she gets her way

• Wow
  • Angry

BadaboomBadabing

Chatty Member
You’re wrong! It was essential travel only & they were ultimately shady about everything
Exactly.
People were asked not to travel to Ireland due to the Strain on the health care workers, the USA had a TRAVEL BAN in place as to not allow people to enter. Her visa was on that list. It may not be criminally wrong but morally it says a lot, if they didn’t think the same they would have shared it all but they didn’t as they are contriving and lSly yet claim to be genuine when it couldtnt be further from the truth. They just popped up in Kerry and then landed back on USA having not posted in weeks and give snid reply’s when asked questions and told “followers” to speak to their own lawyers In regard to everything, the dog, returning to USA the list is endless.
I truly hope the law does caught up with her and her fraudulent, thieving family.

Last edited:
  • Heart

lodgequeen

Chatty Member
The early morning thing makes zero sense to me.
What difference does shifting your day by 2 hours make to anyone? I’d rather have an evening and a bit of a social life than sitting at 5.30am looking out the window for no fucking reason.
Dickhead.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Influencing is not a job

They were definitely in Galway for New Year's as I spotted Kaelin (with a very bored David in tow) in Penneys and it took a minute to realise where I knew them from 😂😂 Was nearly shocked to see one sister without the other surgically attached
Are you sure Urka wasn't a few metres ahead, making sure she went in and viewed all the stock first, and then let Kaelin in?

• Haha
Reactions: 26

girloxoxo

She did have a 'real' job at once stage didn't she back in the beginning, anyway even people who do nothing know other people!

Just to add... I agree the Irish I know and met abroad generally hang around with other Irish as well
I'm Irish in NYC, I've been here for almost 10 years, and I don't have one Irish friend. I think the reason a lot of Irish people have mostly Irish friends is because they move here with people from home and cling to them because they don't like feeling alone. I moved here by myself not knowing anyone which really forced me to put myself out there with the folks around me who where mostly American. I was also a bit of a loner back home (partly why I moved here) so was very comfortable with my own company. I've said this before, but Retro is really missing out on the real NY experience by not immersing herself in the culture and the people. She may as well just live in Ireland.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

JogOnMate_

I hope they're not forcing the mother sleep on the Prawn Ring couch.

She'll need an air ambulance back to Ireland from the scoliosis it'll give her.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

notphillipa

Chatty Member
I think we assume they have good jobs as they have working visas for the US and can afford high rents, holidays and a high standard of living 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 24