Retro Flame #6 #FreeKaelin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but does anyone else think the lads at their thanksgiving dinner look about 12 years old? The girls tables all stunners, the lads table all babies! Apart from Michael Dorgan and his gross beard šŸ˜‚
Michael Dorgan does not fit in with that crew at all. They totally all look 12 and they look sooo Irish I could literally pick they out of a lineup.

Reactions: 2
Michael Dorgan does not fit in with that crew at all. They totally all look 12 and they look sooo Irish I could literally pick they out of a lineup.
I think M Dorgans beard makes him look Amish. I always think he'd be more comfortable milking cows by hand in rural Pennsylvania than he ever looks at any event that retro would be at

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Could do with a trim for sure.
Irish always stick together.
Sam Barry the same with her friendship group.

What difference does it make that they all look Irish? They are Irish?
Imagine living in one of the most culturally diverse cities in the whole world and not even really having an American friend, or a POC friend, other immigrant friends. I don't even have all Irish friends and I live in Ireland.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I canā€™t understand it either, I live in London and from the moment I got here I met people from all over the world. My closest friends now are such a diverse mix. I much prefer that than hanging out with other Irish - I can do that when I go homeā€¦ To not have any cultural diversity in her friendship group in a city like New York youā€™d want be making a real effort for it to be that wayā€¦ IMO

Reactions: 13
I canā€™t understand it either, I live in London and from the moment I got here I met people from all over the world. My closest friends now are such a diverse mix. I much prefer that than hanging out with other Irish - I can do that when I go homeā€¦ To not have any cultural diversity in her friendship group in a city like New York youā€™d want be making a real effort for it to be that wayā€¦ IMO
Not much of an effort for retro considering she does sweet duck all. She doesn't work (sorry but getting photographed walking across a road is not work), her hobby is gaa, where would she meet people?

ETA anyone who I know that has moved to Australia, America or Dubai has a predominantly Irish friend base

Reactions: 1
Not much of an effort for retro considering she does sweet duck all. She doesn't work (sorry but getting photographed walking across a road is not work), her hobby is gaa, where would she meet people?

ETA anyone who I know that has moved to Australia, America or Dubai has a predominantly Irish friend base
She did have a 'real' job at once stage didn't she back in the beginning, anyway even people who do nothing know other people!

Just to add... I agree the Irish I know and met abroad generally hang around with other Irish as well

Last edited:
She did have a 'real' job at once stage didn't she back in the beginning, anyway even people who do nothing know other people!

Just to add... I agree the Irish I know and met abroad generally hang around with other Irish as well
I'm Irish in NYC, I've been here for almost 10 years, and I don't have one Irish friend. I think the reason a lot of Irish people have mostly Irish friends is because they move here with people from home and cling to them because they don't like feeling alone. I moved here by myself not knowing anyone which really forced me to put myself out there with the folks around me who where mostly American. I was also a bit of a loner back home (partly why I moved here) so was very comfortable with my own company. I've said this before, but Retro is really missing out on the real NY experience by not immersing herself in the culture and the people. She may as well just live in Ireland.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm Irish in NYC, I've been here for almost 10 years, and I don't have one Irish friend. I think the reason a lot of Irish people have mostly Irish friends is because they move here with people from home and cling to them because they don't like feeling alone. I moved here by myself not knowing anyone which really forced me to put myself out there with the folks around me who where mostly American. I was also a bit of a loner back home (partly why I moved here) so was very comfortable with my own company. I've said this before, but Retro is really missing out on the real NY experience by not immersing herself in the culture and the people. She may as well just live in Ireland.
Totally agree, didnā€™t have one Irish friend myself when I lived away.

Reactions: 6

Thatā€™s J1 thinking or a 2 year visa in Australia.
If youā€™ve made NYC your home, your partner has a good job (we believe) and you want to aspire to owning property there, hanging out with your GAA disco mates is immature in the extreme šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Also Thanksgiving is not an Irish thing! If they are all together for St Patrickā€™s Day abroad fair enough..

Reactions: 3
Kaelin posting Friday nights dinner and cocktails on Tuesday afternoon šŸ™„šŸ™„ I'd love to ask her why she bothers, number 1 we have seen them all, everyone of them on retros stories in real time and who is interested 4 days later?? it just looks stupid.

Reactions: 5
Christ almighty, she is full of bull tit! She ā€œdoesnā€™t like to come on and share discounts for items she doesnā€™t have. She only recommends what she hasā€What about the swipe ups that she refuses show that they are in fact Affiliated links. I reported her to advertising standards and she told them that she was doing nothing wrong. She was living in the US and didnā€™t have to abide by Irish rules. Sheā€™s a piece of work!!

• Wow
I wonder is she planning on buying somewhere, or moving again. She hasn't shown any of the apartment really and from what she does show it looks so bare

I wonder is she planning on buying somewhere, or moving again. She hasn't shown any of the apartment really and from what she does show it looks so bare
I would say she couldn't find boring enough furniture to fill it. Anything she found was just a little too colourful, or fun, or just not the right shade of cream for her, so she's ended up with nothing, and now it's almost time to move out and we've been listening to "the apartment reveal" build up for almost 9 months! A woman could've had sex and grown an actual human in that time, and Retro couldn't even do a proper apartment reveal

Influencer question. Can you successfully qualify as ā€œdoing Vlogmasā€ (Vlogmas defined as one video per day for 24 days in December up to Christmas) if you are only doing 4 videos in total in December? Why call it Vlogmas and just say ā€œI think Iā€™ll upload 4 videos this monthā€ and isnā€™t that just the equivalent of a weekly video??

On the edge of my seat waiting to see the usual festive snaps of the same places in NY - Rockefeller tree and ice rink, Central Park ice rink and of course the annual Retro Christmas drinks at the plaza. Then a mad dash to the airport with overweight suitcases and a first class flight back to Kurry to show Kaelin decorate the tree, the cheaptastic table setting and supervalu coleslaw spread with plenty of snaps of matching pjs. Groundbreaking.

• Haha
Influencer question. Can you successfully qualify as ā€œdoing Vlogmasā€ (Vlogmas defined as one video per day for 24 days in December up to Christmas) if you are only doing 4 videos in total in December? Why call it Vlogmas and just say ā€œI think Iā€™ll upload 4 videos this monthā€ and isnā€™t that just the equivalent of a weekly video??

On the edge of my seat waiting to see the usual festive snaps of the same places in NY - Rockefeller tree and ice rink, Central Park ice rink and of course the annual Retro Christmas drinks at the plaza. Then a mad dash to the airport with overweight suitcases and a first class flight back to Kurry to show Kaelin decorate the tree, the cheaptastic table setting and supervalu coleslaw spread with plenty of snaps of matching pjs. Groundbreaking.
Exactly what I was thinking. The whole point of Vlogmas is that it's nearly like an Advent Calendar as there's a video uploaded to YouTube daily for 25 days šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø Either Retro is very lazy, knows herself she won't have enough to make the videos interesting or they're working outside of their visas & don't have time to film/edit daily then

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.