Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Londonsays

Chatty Member
Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He weighed 6.13 and is absolutely perfect.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Rubystaff

In hospital, pessary in, and already 1cm dilated so hoping it won’t be a ridiculously long wait before things start to happen 😬🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 31

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Does anyone know if grieving or stress is bad for baby? I had to put my dog to sleep last week at nearly 13 years. I’m 35 weeks. I’m really struggling with the loss of her. She’s been there through everything over the years with me. dv relationships, homelessness, mental health problems, miscarriages, birth of my first child, losses of family members, several house loves, illnesses. Etc. She was always there. I know to some it’s only a dog.. but that dog saved me and was my best friend and it’s hit me so hard. I’m trying so hard to hold it all together and be strong for the baby in my tummy but feel like I’m fighting a losing battle and need to let it all out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Abcd123

VIP Member
Baby girl Charlotte arrived safely on Wednesday a teeny 6lbs! 2 weeks early due to GD but perfectly healthy. Planned section was amazing. I've read online that they are really positive and a good experience. I didn't believe it could be, but it was truly amazing. We're going home today. Yay. I honestly feel amazing and just just so lucky. No feeling like it.

Feeling more sore today, hurts to get up and about. Especially now were home and my bed doesn't move! Hospital was short staffed so had to do everything for baby from about 6hrs fter birth once catheter out. And I do still have a numb bum cheek, not sure if it's from being immobile or the spinal...anybody experienced this? Wish I'd got stronger pain meds than para/Ibuprofen...! X

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Had my 20 week scan today, everything was perfect and no issues detected so I can finally breath for a bit before some more worry about something else sets in 😅. Found out we are having a boy 🥰💙 really excited and can’t wait to start looking at all of the clothes. Only issue is that me and my partner cannot decide on a single boys name :ROFLMAO: why are names so hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Booking appointment done 😁
Had a bit of a meltdown when I walked in and ended up having a little cry to the midwife about being here before and it not working out. She was so lovely.
Feeling a bit bruised and sore in both arms because my body just hates giving blood… booked my 12 week scan and I’m going to be so on edge waiting for that day now. I’ve booked another private scan for in the meantime and just hope baby hangs in there ❤❤

• Heart

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Started the hypnobirthing course with the Positive Birth Company...

So far the woman has suggested that Mr O brings some 'affirmation cards' along to the labour so he can recite statements such as 'birth is powerful but so am I' and ask me how 'powerful' my 'surges' are.

I hope they'll have a surgeon on standby for him, because I have a feeling he'll be having those cards removed from his colon before long.

• Haha
  • Sick

Dipdab

VIP Member
Actually had a successful consultant appointment finally 😄 they’re booking me in for an induction on 5th nov, feels so surreal to finally have an eviction date for the twins. Although not sure how I’ll cope with another 3ish weeks. I’m new levels of uncomfortable now!

• Heart

ishy1981

Moan incoming..

im laid on my bed with both cats looking at me crying, gone out. Third sweep yesterday doesn’t seem to have worked. Another tomorrow potentially for what it’s worth, times stood still for a week now. It’s my OH birthday, pulled myself together to go out for dinner. He doesn’t know what to say to cheer me up. I just keep sobbing I don’t know what to do. I feel bored, isolated, heavy AF, guilty I’m feeling this way after everything we went through to even get pregnant and if one more person texts me to ask how things are going I’m going to crack. Induction next Monday, which Googling tells me will be hell. I’m just really fucked off 😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

jackolantern

VIP Member
I’m not till lunchtime but have a busy morning at work to get through first which will be enough of a distraction!

Silly question: what on earth does one wear to a scan?! I’m thinking trousers/leggings that can be pulled down to give access to the bump area, not that I really have one yet?
Oh hope it goes well! Just got back from mine, there’s a real baby it isn’t in my head 🥺🤯 everything looked good and my due date is exactly what the midwife thought which is a bit crazy! I’m in shock at the moment, think it’s going to take a while to process this is really happening 🥲🥵😭

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Belle Amie

VIP Member
We’ve had our private gender scan today, we’re having a boy!
I couldn’t believe it cause I’ve been dreaming about girls so much but I’m so happy!
He was a little monkey trying to get his heart rate for the bear we’ve got so he’s definitely going to be a handful, he already is for all the sonographers 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Sorry to be a downer on here, but just need to vent. We have our scan tomorrow and hopefully going to find out the gender, and then we had a little reveal planned for the weekend with our parents and partners son, but today my parents have decided to announce that they are going to separate and divorce. Not the best timing and just feel like everything’s ruined :( I don’t know how I’m going to do all of the baby stuff with them separating🤦‍♀️ it will just make everything awkward.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
I'm glad I'm not the only one overpowered by my cynicism 😂

I've not told Mr O about the affirmation cards yet, but I already know he'd rather curl up and die than talk to me about powerful surges. His role will be to sit quietly and think about what he's done while I squeeze his bowling ball child out of my body.

I bought the course because I was assured by a woman at work that it 'wasn't what I'd think' and I'd find it helpful for managing my anxiety during birth. I started the intro video and she was talking about the psychology of birth, the science modules looked helpful and I thought 'maybe this isn't so bad after all'...

Then I got to one video about words, where she suggests calling them 'surges' not 'contractions' and thinking of them as getting more 'powerful' rather than 'painful', presumably so that as my uterus turns itself inside out and I rip myself a new arsehole I can relish the prospect of more 'powerful surges' rather than fearing more 'painful contractions'.

Also, she's talking a lot about home births and birthing suites as being the best option, but I've point blank been told I have to go to the Obstetric Unit so I'm not sure how they'll feel about me rocking up with my panpipes playlist and lavender essential oils, asking them to only refer to my powerful surges thankyouverymuch.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Well after saying I couldn’t take any more (and having my tubes tied not 6 months ago during my section) I looked at my baby the other day and thought “I’ve been too hasty! I could have gone for a fifth no trouble!”
After giving birth I said I didn’t want to do it again, maybe we could just have the one. When we were leaving hospital and I’d put baby in her car seat all wrapped up in a little hat and bear ear cardigan, I looked at my partner with tears in my eyes and said “I need to have 10 more babies” 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Hannah_204

VIP Member
Been in triage tonight to be checked for preeclampsia because I had protein in urine and high blood pressure which turned out to just be dehydration and dodgy reading at the midwife. Anyway I dont know my left from right and ended up in the birth center omg its amazing fairy lights everyyyywhere I’m actually excited to give in birth there!! 😍

• Heart

Borntorun

VIP Member
They don't look around your house. They just come and chat to you.
I've never had them come round before birth. But I know quite a few people have and I think it's just explaining what to expect ect
Mine came and snooped! She also warned me she’d do an upstairs sleep environment assessment when she returned for the first after birth visit so I might want to “tidy up a bit”. I was so taken aback at how rude it was, especially as my house is perfectly tidy thank you very much!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
How soon before birth did you do the course? I feel like I’ll forget everything if I do it too early!
I probably started around 16 weeks. I took my time. I took months to watch the videos and read the book over the course of being pregnant. I listened to the mp3s throughout and actually loved them on labour day.
I revisited the book towards the end and reread bits i had highlighted. I then used the affirmation cards during the last week id say😊

Things that helped me throughout pregnancy:

-getting an early scan done at 8 weeks and 16 weeks. The reassurance waa wonderful and i loved seeing baby during that time.
- using the ovia pregnancy app. This was fab for tracking my drinking/diet/mood/kegels etc
-using the pregnancy plus app - this waa cute for getting updates at different stages.
- h and m maternity wear- its fab!! The joggers are a dream
- THE boohoo black stretchy dungarees. Lush!
- jojo mamam bebe for sale items- great for some nice tops or dresses for when you want to dress up.
- 15 minute beauty website - tells you all about pregnancy safe skincare
- pregnancy massage - for when you need a bit of tlc
-the positive birth company course. Ive talked about it lots here. Its fab.
- watching positive birth stories on youtube
-Facebook marketplace for lots of second hand goodies
-making lists for what i needed to buy from abour 20 weeka onwards.
-using the john lewis new baby appt to get lots of info on what i might need and what was available. Making a wishlist on their website over the course of months and then getting a fab discount when i went to purchase as i had had an appt with them within three months.
- joining the peanut app and making mum friends at different stages to me.
- remaining calm the entire time. Apart from exercising, having a positive mental attitude and my diet, i felt there was very littlw i could control.
- a little bit of pre natal yoga- watching youtube videos every now and then
- trying to maintain 10000 steps each day
-,setting up the babys room when i was around 8 months jelped me visualise her being here and i enjoyed starting to use the space
- bulk buying wipes and nappies. I set up a changing station for my partner and he absolutely loves it. Its fab as he is exclusively doing all of the changes at the moment.
-when a friend sent us two weeks work of cook meals. Ready made home cooked food that just needs to go in the oven. Perfect.
- bulk buying loo roll.
- making an amazon wish list to help me keep organised. I could also send this to friends if they asked what we might like for baby.
- listening to some podcasts - happy mum happy baby, made by mummas and others
-making 2 labour playlists. Uptempo and chilled. I love music and would listen to the chill playlist in the bath whilst singing to baby.
- palmers oil stretch cream for my tummy. The oil for the rest of my body. Moisturising every day until birth.

I pressed send too early and it wont let me edit. I thought id make a random list for the newly pregnant ladies in case any of my experiences could help you 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

a.pain

VIP Member
4am, we are all up because my husband went into our three year olds room as she was whimpering, thought it was 7am and bloody got her up for the day! Full Lights on, out of bed, pjs off. I went in and was like WTF ARE YOU DOINGGGGGGG. Do you think she wants to go back to bed? No of course not! She’s asking to get dressed and go to bloody nursery!!! How do men function in the real world honestly it’s completely dark outside

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18