Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I can’t believe I still have 21w to go! He looks so different already, mad how fast they grow!! I think I’m going to have to buy a pillow out of my next pay as lately I wake up feeling like a creaky ironing board most days😫 x
21 weeks will fly! I’ve just got a new pillow. A massive U shape one. You’re supposed to sleep with the bit connecting at the top, but where I sleep with my arms under the pillow, they go dead, so I’ve turned it upside down (I hope this makes sense 😂) and it is amazing. My sleeps are still tit, but they’re better x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Been in triage tonight to be checked for preeclampsia because I had protein in urine and high blood pressure which turned out to just be dehydration and dodgy reading at the midwife. Anyway I dont know my left from right and ended up in the birth center omg its amazing fairy lights everyyyywhere I’m actually excited to give in birth there!! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 20
so glad your scan went well 💙 I can’t wait for mine now! Also, food after a scan is just the best 🤣 I gave in and got a pillow a couple of weeks ago and honestly it’s made such a difference, I still get aches and pains but it’s definitely helping a lot.

feeling full of baby tonight, I still only have the tiniest bump and don’t look pregnant but my whole middle section right up to my boobs just feels really solid, first time struggling to get shoes on today because I can’t bend my stomach🤦‍♀️ I’m only 20 weeks, honestly can’t imagine how all of you ladies feel a lot further down the line 🤯
Thank you so much 💙 looking forward to hearing about yours next week 💕💙💕 I’m definitely investing in one! Got my eye on one from Amazon so will be purchasing one as soon as I get paid next week🥰 my stomach feels solid in the middle, I’m thinking it’s probably everything moving around and making room for baby🙈 my “bump” is actually now starting to get rounder when I stand to the side if that makes sense🤣 think I’m still at that is she or isn’t she stage though! X

21 weeks will fly! I’ve just got a new pillow. A massive U shape one. You’re supposed to sleep with the bit connecting at the top, but where I sleep with my arms under the pillow, they go dead, so I’ve turned it upside down (I hope this makes sense 😂) and it is amazing. My sleeps are still tit, but they’re better x
Ohhh that’s good to know!! I’m definitely investing in one♥ Might have to suggest my oh moves to the spare room for the foreseeable haha x

Been in triage tonight to be checked for preeclampsia because I had protein in urine and high blood pressure which turned out to just be dehydration and dodgy reading at the midwife. Anyway I dont know my left from right and ended up in the birth center omg its amazing fairy lights everyyyywhere I’m actually excited to give in birth there!! 😍
Glad you’re okay!♥ So nice you got to have a look around the birth centre x

• Heart
Thank you so much 💙 looking forward to hearing about yours next week 💕💙💕 I’m definitely investing in one! Got my eye on one from Amazon so will be purchasing one as soon as I get paid next week🥰 my stomach feels solid in the middle, I’m thinking it’s probably everything moving around and making room for baby🙈 my “bump” is actually now starting to get rounder when I stand to the side if that makes sense🤣 think I’m still at that is she or isn’t she stage though! X
The waiting is killing me 🤣 It’s not long now though! Mines from Amazon, I didn’t want to spend a fortune on one so I think it was like £30 and honestly it’s so good, I don’t think I’ll ever want to stop using it 😂 the other morning I got up for work and when I come back upstairs my boyfriend was using it in bed 😒. That’s it, it feels like everything is squished up around the baby, I can’t imagine how it’s going to feel in the third trimester haha. I keep thinking my bump is finally starting to grow but I think it’s just my wishful thinking because no one else notices 😂 I’ve noticed it rounding a bit this week but I’m 100% still at the is she/isn’t she phase too, everyone keeps saying that soon it will just pop and I hope so! xx

The waiting is killing me 🤣 It’s not long now though! Mines from Amazon, I didn’t want to spend a fortune on one so I think it was like £30 and honestly it’s so good, I don’t think I’ll ever want to stop using it 😂 the other morning I got up for work and when I come back upstairs my boyfriend was using it in bed 😒. That’s it, it feels like everything is squished up around the baby, I can’t imagine how it’s going to feel in the third trimester haha. I keep thinking my bump is finally starting to grow but I think it’s just my wishful thinking because no one else notices 😂 I’ve noticed it rounding a bit this week but I’m 100% still at the is she/isn’t she phase too, everyone keeps saying that soon it will just pop and I hope so! xx
It will fly by♥ I remember thinking mine was only a week away last week and now it’s been and gone💙 will be thinking of you next week when you go for yours🥰 ohh £30 isn’t bad, the one I was looking at is £40 but think I’m gonna have another look tonight. My partner would do that as well!!😩 We’ve just come home and he’s already fast asleep snoring away next to me and I’m the one that’s been awake since 4:30am!!😭 I’ve added a load to the baby wish list but refusing to buy anything yet, waiting to see if there are any offers in the Black Friday sale🙈 yes.. I keep hearing “oh you’ll pop one day blah blah” and I’m here thinking yeah but when?!?😭😂 xxx

RE pillow chats. This is what I ordered. It’s so comfy, and I can imagine it being comfier without restless legs and a bad back 😂 well worth the money. Often wake to find my husband cuddling it too ‘thinking it’s me’ (I also sleep with this upside down as my arms go dead 😂)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It will fly by♥ I remember thinking mine was only a week away last week and now it’s been and gone💙 will be thinking of you next week when you go for yours🥰 ohh £30 isn’t bad, the one I was looking at is £40 but think I’m gonna have another look tonight. My partner would do that as well!!😩 We’ve just come home and he’s already fast asleep snoring away next to me and I’m the one that’s been awake since 4:30am!!😭 I’ve added a load to the baby wish list but refusing to buy anything yet, waiting to see if there are any offers in the Black Friday sale🙈 yes.. I keep hearing “oh you’ll pop one day blah blah” and I’m here thinking yeah but when?!?😭😂 xxx
yeah I’ve been counting down for the last few weeks to be honest 🤦‍♀️ and now it’s less than a week so it’s going fast, it will soon be here! Aw thank you 🥰 I’ll be sure to come on and update you all straight after 😂. The one I ended up getting was a Koala Babycare one, a few people on here recommended it but there are quite a few decent ones to choose from on there! Urgh there’s nothing worse than snoring 😩 hopefully you’ll be asleep soon! I’m doing the same, I’m hoping there will be a prime day and Black Friday to get some baby stuff, after the 20 weeks scan I’m going to get my ass into gear and make a list of all the stuff we need and want to buy so I’m ready to go in the sales. Urgh same 🤣 I preferred it when no one knew I was pregnant and I could just get away with looking like I’d ate a large meal rather than people commenting on my tiny bump xx

Had a gender / well-being scan today (at 16 weeks) and we have a healthy little girl. There is a tiny avocado-sized human living inside me. Just writing this to help it feel real. I seem to struggle with the fundamentals of what pregnancy is. My mind is still a bit blown. 😂

Also, does anyone else here have an anterior placenta? If so, when did you start to feel baby move? Apparently it cushions the movements so might take longer to notice.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Had a gender / well-being scan today (at 16 weeks) and we have a healthy little girl. There is a tiny avocado-sized human living inside me. Just writing this to help it feel real. I seem to struggle with the fundamentals of what pregnancy is. My mind is still a bit blown. 😂

Also, does anyone else here have an anterior placenta? If so, when did you start to feel baby move? Apparently it cushions the movements so might take longer to notice.
Anterior placenta here and felt about 18w to start with (second baby) and then properly around 22w 🥰 it feels like bubbles, and it’s one of those things where they’re so small still that you might feel them one day and then not the next. Easier to say than feel - you know you shouldn’t panic and then you still do!

Eeek, I’ve just booked to rent a pool for my homebirth, as long as everything goes to plan! Still a little way off but because I want it delivered just before Xmas the company said to order now as Xmas delivery post is always complicated. It’s beginning to feel all a bit real now!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Took me until 18/19 weeks to feel flutters and then proper kicks at 22ish ☺

At my appointment with the mental health midwife last week they mentioned giving me an extra scan - firstly she said it was because I’m on lithium (even though I thought the point of my coming off it in the first trimester was ti avoid any risks to baby), but then called it a growth scan even though no one has raised any growth issues with me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Then when I checked my notes she’d put something about the scan being for my anxiety (could barely read her handwriting)

Anyway today I’ve had a letter with two scans on there, that look like they’re in a different department and apparently I have to go alone (Mr O has been to both my normal scans)

I’m 5 weeks away from my due date and there was a docuseries about a maternity hospital in Dublin on the tv 😫 I stupidly left it on and really wish I hadn’t 🥴

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
So glad you’re okay! The birth centre sounds amazing…I’m such a sucker for fairy lights!

Can’t believe we have less than 8 weeks until due date now! ❤

• Heart
So my due date is in three weeks (+1 day) and I just had a massive panic attack. My OH won't be home a lot for the rest of the week and I feel like there's still so much to prepare for her arrival (although it's actually not too bad, we've got loads already covered).
I mean, we had been trying for over a year before I finally got pregnant and she is so loved already, but now that it's almost d-day I find myself really stressing out about it a lot 😣
Have an appointment with a psychologist tomorrow, which I'm not necessarily looking forward to, but I know it'll be good for me.
Anyway, other than that I have another scan this Friday and I am looking forward to that, because the scans always calm me down. Seeing her little face is such a joy (unless she's covering it with her arms or hands again 😅).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m 5 weeks away from my due date and there was a docuseries about a maternity hospital in Dublin on the tv 😫 I stupidly left it on and really wish I hadn’t 🥴
Uh oh. Anything unpleasant in it, or just reality kicking in?

Uh oh. Anything unpleasant in it, or just reality kicking in?
Well, first of all this particular series has left a bad taste in everybody mouths as it was filmed in the height of the pandemic when partners were not allowed (and still not allowed) attend scans/appointments due to restrictions yet they left a film crew in!! And secondly it was just horrific as I watched a birth and the baby was grey and placenta and cords and tit 🤢🤢🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 4
RE pillow chats. This is what I ordered. It’s so comfy, and I can imagine it being comfier without restless legs and a bad back 😂 well worth the money. Often wake to find my husband cuddling it too ‘thinking it’s me’ (I also sleep with this upside down as my arms go dead 😂)
This is the one I have! I still have a love hate relationship with it 😂
I sleep with the connected bit at the top but I sleep so far down my pillow I just leave my head on one of the arms and put one arm under it and one arm over (I hope this makes sense, there’s a lot of arms)

I tried to sleep with it upside down but hated my legs being off the bed in the air 😂

This is the one I have! I still have a love hate relationship with it 😂
I sleep with the connected bit at the top but I sleep so far down my pillow I just leave my head on one of the arms and put one arm under it and one arm over (I hope this makes sense, there’s a lot of arms)

I tried to sleep with it upside down but hated my legs being off the bed in the air 😂
Ah, that makes sense. I might try that, as it’s always a struggle when I get out to wee 20x a night. Pretty sure I just doing the leg back into my darling sleeping/snoring husbands face 😂

Hi everyone,

Back again if anyone remembers me with my worries 😂

I had my scan yesterday and all is healthy!
So relieved. I'm also 4 days ahead so I'm 13 weeks today
I was amazed. I am actually having a baby!!!!

A very random and weird thing though.
My left leg started hurting yesterday afternoon. Didn't hurt it or anything. It's actually painful and is still like it now. Bizarre. Didn't think it would be anything to do with pregnancy but it's weird as I've done nothing to it and I'm actually limping. I googled it (I know I shouldn't but still..) and it actually does have about this to do with pregnancy!
It says about where your growing something sits on the nerves causing cramps. But it's not cramps it's literally hurting all the time especially when standing or walking. It's had me up all night. The other suggestions is DVT or blood clot and to call midwife ASAP but it's not hot and I don't think swollen.
Unlikely but has anyone had this?! I'm so confused 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone,

Back again if anyone remembers me with my worries 😂

I had my scan yesterday and all is healthy!
So relieved. I'm also 4 days ahead so I'm 13 weeks today
I was amazed. I am actually having a baby!!!!

A very random and weird thing though.
My left leg started hurting yesterday afternoon. Didn't hurt it or anything. It's actually painful and is still like it now. Bizarre. Didn't think it would be anything to do with pregnancy but it's weird as I've done nothing to it and I'm actually limping. I googled it (I know I shouldn't but still..) and it actually does have about this to do with pregnancy!
It says about where your growing something sits on the nerves causing cramps. But it's not cramps it's literally hurting all the time especially when standing or walking. It's had me up all night. The other suggestions is DVT or blood clot and to call midwife ASAP but it's not hot and I don't think swollen.
Unlikely but has anyone had this?! I'm so confused 😂😂
Ah! Glad your scan went well!
where abouts is your leg hurting? As the top of my left leg (on the side) always hurts. I can barely sleep on it and hurts to walk. I’ve had this with all of my pregnancies though, so mine is defo pregnancy related where my body can’t take the extra weight and my left side is my preferred sleeping side 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.