Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ended up having contractions for nearly 30 hours. Almost a third of that was on my own, a third with my partner at home and a third lying on my side in hospital with monitors attached for baby. contracting on your side is pants 😢 staying upright, forward and open had been helping me so much at home.
I really enjoyed watching bits of the course with my partner and discussing it with him. Having a better understanding of the physiology of birth, really helped me visualise what was happening during the contractions. And it is true, no contraction is a waste and each one means you are closer to meeting baby 😀

I ended up having my waters broken, an epidural and emergency c section- so not a typical PBC birth, but even as they were suggesting the c- section my partner was there asking about benefits, risks, alternatives and what if we didn’t do anything for a while. He wouldn’t have thought to do that without the course. It did push him to be an informed birth partner which made me feel safe and in good hands.
How soon before birth did you do the course? I feel like I’ll forget everything if I do it too early!

Reactions: 1
yeah to be fair I am fully expecting to be wrong too 😂 I have no real idea and it’s impossible to see in any of the scans photos we have had so far! Aw I bet he’s so pleased you’re having a baby boy 🥰 the cheer though haha 🤣 my partner keeps asking if he can ask if the cord is just a really big penis and I keep saying no :rolleyes:. Yeah I really hope this time next week we know, I’m looking forward to being able to talk about them properly and say he or she, and also buy some baby stuff! Ahh that’s so annoying, ours did the same, they didn’t ask if we wanted to know and they just made some cryptic comment that we might have been able to see the gender, which makes me think it’s a boy buy then other people have said you can still see the lines when it’s a girl, so it just confused us and we still don’t know🤦‍♀️. Thank you ☺ I’m sure I’ll be on next week after the scan to tell you all! Good luck in your scan too, and I hope you feel a bit less anxious soon xxx
Aww thank you lovely💕 can’t wait to hear about yours! Yes, saying he or she makes it so much more real… as for the cord/penis situ, mine was exactly the same I had to keep telling him don’t be so stupid it’s either the cord or his leg!!🙈😂 also when we went for the gender scan they spent ages trying to get “the” picture as he had a bit of the cord between his legs too😭🤣 xxx

• Heart
How soon before birth did you do the course? I feel like I’ll forget everything if I do it too early!
I probably started around 16 weeks. I took my time. I took months to watch the videos and read the book over the course of being pregnant. I listened to the mp3s throughout and actually loved them on labour day.
I revisited the book towards the end and reread bits i had highlighted. I then used the affirmation cards during the last week id say😊

Things that helped me throughout pregnancy:

-getting an early scan done at 8 weeks and 16 weeks. The reassurance waa wonderful and i loved seeing baby during that time.
- using the ovia pregnancy app. This was fab for tracking my drinking/diet/mood/kegels etc
-using the pregnancy plus app - this waa cute for getting updates at different stages.
- h and m maternity wear- its fab!! The joggers are a dream
- THE boohoo black stretchy dungarees. Lush!
- jojo mamam bebe for sale items- great for some nice tops or dresses for when you want to dress up.
- 15 minute beauty website - tells you all about pregnancy safe skincare
- pregnancy massage - for when you need a bit of tlc
-the positive birth company course. Ive talked about it lots here. Its fab.
- watching positive birth stories on youtube
-Facebook marketplace for lots of second hand goodies
-making lists for what i needed to buy from abour 20 weeka onwards.
-using the john lewis new baby appt to get lots of info on what i might need and what was available. Making a wishlist on their website over the course of months and then getting a fab discount when i went to purchase as i had had an appt with them within three months.
- joining the peanut app and making mum friends at different stages to me.
- remaining calm the entire time. Apart from exercising, having a positive mental attitude and my diet, i felt there was very littlw i could control.
- a little bit of pre natal yoga- watching youtube videos every now and then
- trying to maintain 10000 steps each day
-,setting up the babys room when i was around 8 months jelped me visualise her being here and i enjoyed starting to use the space
- bulk buying wipes and nappies. I set up a changing station for my partner and he absolutely loves it. Its fab as he is exclusively doing all of the changes at the moment.
-when a friend sent us two weeks work of cook meals. Ready made home cooked food that just needs to go in the oven. Perfect.
- bulk buying loo roll.
- making an amazon wish list to help me keep organised. I could also send this to friends if they asked what we might like for baby.
- listening to some podcasts - happy mum happy baby, made by mummas and others
-making 2 labour playlists. Uptempo and chilled. I love music and would listen to the chill playlist in the bath whilst singing to baby.
- palmers oil stretch cream for my tummy. The oil for the rest of my body. Moisturising every day until birth.

I pressed send too early and it wont let me edit. I thought id make a random list for the newly pregnant ladies in case any of my experiences could help you 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I ended up having contractions for nearly 30 hours. Almost a third of that was on my own, a third with my partner at home and a third lying on my side in hospital with monitors attached for baby. contracting on your side is pants 😢 staying upright, forward and open had been helping me so much at home.
I really enjoyed watching bits of the course with my partner and discussing it with him. Having a better understanding of the physiology of birth, really helped me visualise what was happening during the contractions. And it is true, no contraction is a waste and each one means you are closer to meeting baby 😀

I ended up having my waters broken, an epidural and emergency c section- so not a typical PBC birth, but even as they were suggesting the c- section my partner was there asking about benefits, risks, alternatives and what if we didn’t do anything for a while. He wouldn’t have thought to do that without the course. It did push him to be an informed birth partner which made me feel safe and in good hands.
Completely agree with all of this 👏🏼 I had a very similar birth with my first and actually just going through the course with your partner and remembering some of the affirmations and breathing techniques can make the WORLD of difference and make you feel like you’re absolutely in control when things feel like they’re spiralling or are taken out of your control. It may read like a load of old twaddle and perhaps it is but in that 14 hour labour and emergency section just saying even a few of the affirmations and keeping the breathing going really carried me through.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Also- remember to advocate for yourself. I had to push for my 12 week scan appt as there were days. I asked for certain tests as i thought i might have xyz. I pushed for drs to call me back to dicuss things i was worried about. I waa having trouble breathing and sleeping and the midwives were no help. A random dr who called me from my surgery was fab, listened to me and honestly that helped so so much. Seasalt spray is a lifesaver if you are congested ladies.
I had to remind the midwife to give me antibiotics re group b strep after she broke my water. For some reason this wasnt on mt notes and on the day, the hospital team wouldnt have known to do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom and support earlier ❤ I’m v much a hormonal mess and may have snapped at my mother since to chill TF out pressuring me for updates when there are none to give (longg story). Little one will come when he’s ready and I do need to remember to be kind to myself when fear and emotion takes over.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He weighed 6.13 and is absolutely perfect.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Congratulations! Enjoy all those newborn snuggles and ask for lots of help!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Welcome Aidan! ❤ Congratulations mummy and daddy London! I’m so glad it all went well, and your little boy has arrived safely. Sounds like you are doing well too getting up and moving so well!

• Heart

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
As congratulations! Welcome to the world Aidan 🥰

• Heart

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Congratulations to The Says! Enjoy every moment 💙💙

• Heart

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Congratulations!! 💙

• Heart
They told me I was v low on iron last month so I was tested again last week My bloods came back today (nearly a week later 🙄) and I’m STILL low on iron 😭 I don’t know what more I can do as I have been on strong iron tablets, drink a litre of orange juice, spinach and kale smoothies and iron rich foods 😭 has anyone else had this?
I was the same and still am 11 weeks post partum. Nobody wants to investigate why its happening I just keep getting palmed off with more tablets 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Congratulations 💙 what beautiful news 😊

• Heart
Welcome Baby London!

I got a letter a couple of months ago saying a health visitor would be in touch to come and see me at 30+ weeks.
The appt has come through now, she's coming in a couple of weeks for a 30-60 min visit. Anyone know what happens during this, is it just a general snoop around the house?

Welcome Baby London!

I got a letter a couple of months ago saying a health visitor would be in touch to come and see me at 30+ weeks.
The appt has come through now, she's coming in a couple of weeks for a 30-60 min visit. Anyone know what happens during this, is it just a general snoop around the house?
They don't look around your house. They just come and chat to you.
I've never had them come round before birth. But I know quite a few people have and I think it's just explaining what to expect ect

They don't look around your house. They just come and chat to you.
I've never had them come round before birth. But I know quite a few people have and I think it's just explaining what to expect ect
Mine came and snooped! She also warned me she’d do an upstairs sleep environment assessment when she returned for the first after birth visit so I might want to “tidy up a bit”. I was so taken aback at how rude it was, especially as my house is perfectly tidy thank you very much!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.