Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm equal parts excited and nervous to start thinking about names, we aren't finding out what we're having, but don't want to start thinking about names until after the 20 week scan.

I feel even more pressure than last time as this time it has to not totally clash with our little girl's name on top of everything else! I do enjoy researching ideas though, hopefully we can come up with some options that we love!
I think we still both like our boy name option from last time so that one might be easy!

Currently can’t decide if i am feeling gas pains, period type cramps or the start of labour.

Also feels like baby is on a nerve as I get butt muscle cramp and shooting pain in my leg with some numbness. Bit like sciatica.

Baby is really low and heavy feeling so might be my lower tummy feeling uncomfortable.

I am a first time mum so not sure what to expect. Any one else feel like this?

I am 90% sure we have a name, just need to see her face to make sure it fits her. Bonus is that it almost works in both languages.
I haven’t told anyone (other than here) as I don’t want people to spoil it.

Ada Elizabeth Olsen.
I've also chosen Ada as mine! Ive had a list since I was in my early 20s (don't ask 😂) and it was never actually on it. I had every other name under the sun. I had never heard it until I watched Peaky Blinders and it never entered my mind as a potential name.. Until I got pregnant. Literally I'd say 4 weeks pregnant and I decided Ada was it, none of the names on my actual list felt right 😂😂 Thankfully my partner also loved it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've also chosen Ada as mine! Ive had a list since I was in my early 20s (don't ask 😂) and it was never actually on it. I had every other name under the sun. I had never heard it until I watched Peaky Blinders and it never entered my mind as a potential name.. Until I got pregnant. Literally I'd say 4 weeks pregnant and I decided Ada was it, none of the names on my actual list felt right 😂😂 Thankfully my partner also loved it!
It’s just such a gorgeous name. We’ve had lots of compliments for it especially in neonatal, it was practically a new nurse every day and the first thing they’d say was how much they love her name and they’ve never had an Ayda before. It also was never in my list if baby names but she couldn’t be called anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
2am and I’m awake because I’m out of bloody Rennies and of course this would be the night I am plagued by horrific heartburn. Can literally feel the acid filling my chest cavity. Have had a glass of milk but will need to take myself downstairs for another one 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
4am, we are all up because my husband went into our three year olds room as she was whimpering, thought it was 7am and bloody got her up for the day! Full Lights on, out of bed, pjs off. I went in and was like WTF ARE YOU DOINGGGGGGG. Do you think she wants to go back to bed? No of course not! She’s asking to get dressed and go to bloody nursery!!! How do men function in the real world honestly it’s completely dark outside

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
STOP IT I know someone who’s daughter has her middle names after the grandmothers.
Wait for it...

LESLEY-DENISE 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ya I don’t think that I’m gonna allow the grannys names. Jesus why do they have to be such dated names 🙄 my husband unfortunately thinks the middle name HAS to be something meaningful 🙄personally, I do not have my middle name on any important documentation like passport etc so I don’t see the point

4am, we are all up because my husband went into our three year olds room as she was whimpering, thought it was 7am and bloody got her up for the day! Full Lights on, out of bed, pjs off. I went in and was like WTF ARE YOU DOINGGGGGGG. Do you think she wants to go back to bed? No of course not! She’s asking to get dressed and go to bloody nursery!!! How do men function in the real world honestly it’s completely dark outside
It must be the night for it, my husband did the same at 5am with our 4 yr old!! Everyone was yawning on the school run

My husband had got the sniffles (aka deadly man flu) and had been complaining that he didn’t sleep well 😑. Funny how I was awake most of the night with back ache and heartburn and he was snoring away. Is it bad I’m annoyed he’s off work today and disrupting my daily routine of pottering around the house and watching trashy tv? 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m 20 weeks, and since about 7 weeks pregnant I’ve had hurrendous headaches and blurred vision alongside them! They seem to be getting worse as pregnancy progresses! This is my second pregnancy and did not experience these with my first! Anyone get this? X
Ive just started second trimester and I’m having awful headaches too :( i really sympathise because nothing seems to touch them.

Reactions: 1
My husband had got the sniffles (aka deadly man flu) and had been complaining that he didn’t sleep well 😑. Funny how I was awake most of the night with back ache and heartburn and he was snoring away. Is it bad I’m annoyed he’s off work today and disrupting my daily routine of pottering around the house and watching trashy tv? 😅
That definitely the argument in our house
Him ‘I slept so bad last night’
Me ‘really? Because between the 2 year old losing his dummy, me waking every hour to turn over, me needing a wee 4 times and being woken up by the eldest alarm from 6am for 45 minutes, you were fast asleep, snoring through it all’ 🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was up all night too - toddler is poorly, couldn’t get her to sleep til 2, then she basically woke hourly even though I’d brought her in my bed. Also because she was in my bed I didn’t want to use my pregnancy pillow and it’s amazing the difference the lack of pillow makes to my sleep!

• Heart
Turns out I do have iron deficiency so now taking tablets. Hope they won't make me to nauseous and I'll start to feel less tired soon. Anyone else also taking them?

I also didn't have the best sleep. I just don't understand, I spent the entire day being tired yesterday, even had a nap on the couch (although that left me even more tired 😅), and then when I go to bed I can't sleep and stay wide awake until 2am. OH snoring like his life depended on it didn't help either 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ugh, just got a call from the midwife to say that a routine urine sample has come back positive for GBS 😔
Don't worry too much ☺ it's not really a big deal. They'll put you on antibiotics during labour and that's it really 😊
I always do the test at 37 weeksish anyway

Turns out I do have iron deficiency so now taking tablets. Hope they won't make me to nauseous and I'll start to feel less tired soon. Anyone else also taking them?

I also didn't have the best sleep. I just don't understand, I spent the entire day being tired yesterday, even had a nap on the couch (although that left me even more tired 😅), and then when I go to bed I can't sleep and stay wide awake until 2am. OH snoring like his life depended on it didn't help either 🙃
Yes, at my 28 weeks they told me my iron was low, even though I knew it was. Tiredness isn’t too bad, and breathlessness has pretty much gone!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Any one have an experience in bump measuring bigger? I had a checkup with doctor this morning I'm 28 weeks today but she said bump is measuring 3/4 weeks ahead. She told me to mention it in the hospital next week. I do have GD so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I left nervous and not sure what to do with this information!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.