Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ilando

VIP Member
Regarding Inductions: obviously I can only speak of my own experience but mine was great. Really straight forward, I liked knowing the date I’d be going in. Labour was relatively quick for first baby and no complications.

I’ve found that people are very quick to share their negative/horror stories but people don’t share the good. I’d happily have another induction if necessary

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Dipdab

VIP Member
With Facebook being down I decided to brave peanut app forum again. Was greeted with a naked Demi Moore style bump photo of someone in one of the groups (no offence if this is anyone on here lol). But have swiftly logged out again 😂😅 thank god for tattle

• Haha
  • Sick

jackolantern

VIP Member
I have my 12 week scan tomorrow and I'm absolutely fucking shitting it. Scanxiety of any sort is hell on earth so I feel for you all ❤

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Trust me ladies, when you are carrying out a freshly popped baby, that the only thing people are looking at when you leave! They won’t even notice you because your baby will be so teeny and adorable!

• Heart

Celeste

Chatty Member
Hey everyone, hope you're all ok, just tentatively popping my head in here. Had my first BFP on Monday, 6 tests later I'm starting to believe it. Did anyone else feel really just "rubbish" around 4/5 weeks? I'm queasy most of the time, completely gone off food. And the cramping is so uncomfortable! I fear if I'm feeling like this now I might not be cut out for the whole pregnancy thing. 🙈 My last pregnancy ended at 7 weeks sadly as it was ectopic and this feels so much more intense symptom-wise. Got a telephone appointment with my GP next Thursday, I need him to refer me to the EPU I think (that was the guidance last time anyway) so now just in this weird waiting period. Anyone else in the very early days? ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just want to chime in and say consider taking a light thin dressing gown if you are having a planned c section otherwise you’ll walk to theatre and everyone will see your arse because surgery gowns don’t have a back. That’s all xoxox

• Haha
  • Heart

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
When my dad and stepmum found out they were having a girl (my dad's third girl), people would 'commiserate' and ask if he was disappointed not to have a boy. His response was always 'hell no, I know what trouble boys are - I was one!' 😂 (jokingly, obvs, he wouldn't have minded either way)

Same when people ask Mr O if he's disappointed he won't have a boy to buy football kits for and complete on the Playstation with - he says he can do all that with a girl so why would he care 🤷‍♀️

Blows my mind that in 2021 we're still having these conversations :rolleyes:

grumpycat

VIP Member
Feeling miserable AF today, you know when you just wake up and feel like a misery? Overwhelmed and done in and feeling like I have nothing sorted for the baby and juggling all the balls of life. I need time off work but It can’t happen 😩 Had to run out to collect my son because he fell and hit his head at preschool which was just the icing on the cake and almost cried about 3 times this morning for no reason beforehand 😔

• Heart
  • Sad

rosarosa

Had a gender / well-being scan today (at 16 weeks) and we have a healthy little girl. There is a tiny avocado-sized human living inside me. Just writing this to help it feel real. I seem to struggle with the fundamentals of what pregnancy is. My mind is still a bit blown. 😂

Also, does anyone else here have an anterior placenta? If so, when did you start to feel baby move? Apparently it cushions the movements so might take longer to notice.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Gorbs

Chatty Member
On the topic of HV @Dipdab & @Gorbs You will find that your HV is more than likely interested in the fascination of twins more than anything else. Ours came last week and was more concerned over the fact there was two of them she actually forgot to weigh them 🙄 Same as the midwife once she got wind we were home she couldn't wait to get here before we'd hit the 28 days discharge. Good luck ladies 😂
If any bitch comes to my door on Christmas week I will cut them 😂

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
What kind of negative remarks?!?! I find that bizarre.
“Feel sorry for your husband” “he will want to move out when they’re teenagers” “you can try next time for a boy” “are what a shame you didn’t get 1 of each”. To quote a few 🙄
I find it bizarre too that so many (usually the older generation) think that your family is only complete with a boy and girl. I couldn’t care less what their genders were/are just blessed to have 2 healthy babies growing inside me 🤷‍♀️.

I’m in the maternity now and get found leukocytes in my urine again 🙄 my doctor checked 2 days ago and it was clear so I can’t understand it 🙄
I had this at my appointment yesterday they said they were sending the sample to the lab 🤷‍♀️ No one really explained what it was

• Wow
  • Angry

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
Congrats to the new mummas!!

So, just a little update for anyone who may have worries after a growth scan. After my last growth scan at 28 weeks there were concerns that the babies growth may have slowed, so we got referred to the growth clinic.

We went today (30+4). The doctor was lovely, measured and checked very thoroughly. She concluded that the baby is small (16th centile) but following the growth curve nicely so isn’t worried. She explained you have big babies and you have small babies, both perfectly normal. The blood supply and placenta looked fine.

It’s the growth curve that matters. I come from a family of Hobbits, I’m sure genetics must come into it.

She nearly discharged us back to normal antenatal but decided at the last minute to do one more check in 2-3 weeks, and if all ok, to not see us again.

Just as we were finishing up she asked me how I want to give birth. I just assumed I’d be induced if I went beyond 40 weeks and give birth vaginally but she explained a planned c-section was very much an option if I wanted it due to my age (45). I do like the thought of avoiding stressing the baby, lack of oxygen etc but don’t like the thought of the recovery just before x-mas.

It’s been great hearing about other ladies c-section experiences on this thread so thanks everyone for sharing. Lots to think about!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Ooh I can’t believe I missed basically another entire thread, being back in the office really is killing me! Had first NCT class yesterday…. Was dreading it to be honest but it was fine, no mega cringey moments until the last 5 minutes where we were instructed to softly tickle and light touch massage each other, have husband play with my hair etc. Erm, no thanks! So unnecessary. One couple of course were VERY in to it - the woman didn’t stop rubbing her bump the entire 5 hour session, sobbed loudly at the homebirth video we got shown and then looked like they were about to have some kind of tantric sex during the tickle practice - him kissing her bump, eyes rolling back in elation whilst she stroked his arms etc (yes the men got a turn!). Frankly I’m not sure I learned anything new but the next sessions on breastfeeding and baby care sound like they might be more useful. And I guess it’ll be handy to have some coffee date Mums to meet if I feel like it once baby is here.
I’ve started getting all of the bits together for the hospital bag too. I’ve had shorter packing lists for week long holidays and I don’t want to think about how much I’ve spent on disposable knickers, granny pants and other glamorous items in the last few days 😐

• Haha
  • Sick

Dipdab

VIP Member
Bit embarassed to admit this but if you all fancy a laugh - Before becoming pregnant I had heard the term hypnobirthing a few times and thought it was where people would get hypnotised into giving birth pain free (Paul McKenna style) 😂😅

• Haha

FlyingGirl4

Just come home from eating out after my 20w (19w) scan and I literally feel like I’ve won the lottery🥺 saw all four chambers of his heart beating♥ Also he’s definitely a boy💙🥳 and measuring right on 19+1 but got to go back for another scan when I’m 34w as I have an anterior placenta but it’s quite low still, lady said it’s very common at 19/20 weeks… has anyone experienced this and the placenta has moved up? X

• Heart

Rubystaff

Had a routine growth scan today and babies tummy still hadn’t grown since the last one. Been booked in for an induction on Thursday 😬😬😬 slightly terrified but so excited 😭❤

• Heart

miamae

We have no idea on middle names, 100% sure on a first name for a girl but less so with a boys name. Would have been nice to name after lost loved ones but honestly their names were fucking awful :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry ghosty jackolantern seniors if ya watchin x
So bloody true 🤣 One of my friends from uni had a baby yesterday, absolutely beautiful little girl and her middle name was bloody Sharon-Beryl after the nannies 😭😅

• Haha
  • Wow