Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone,

Back again if anyone remembers me with my worries 😂

I had my scan yesterday and all is healthy!
So relieved. I'm also 4 days ahead so I'm 13 weeks today
I was amazed. I am actually having a baby!!!!

A very random and weird thing though.
My left leg started hurting yesterday afternoon. Didn't hurt it or anything. It's actually painful and is still like it now. Bizarre. Didn't think it would be anything to do with pregnancy but it's weird as I've done nothing to it and I'm actually limping. I googled it (I know I shouldn't but still..) and it actually does have about this to do with pregnancy!
It says about where your growing something sits on the nerves causing cramps. But it's not cramps it's literally hurting all the time especially when standing or walking. It's had me up all night. The other suggestions is DVT or blood clot and to call midwife ASAP but it's not hot and I don't think swollen.
Unlikely but has anyone had this?! I'm so confused 😂😂
congratulations and glad the scan went well!

I had a lot of random pains during the first trimester and a bit after, it’s only recently just eased off. I was getting bad sciatica, and sometimes I’d just get really bad pain in one leg and I would start limping. It’s luckily gone now, it’s kind of just started to go around the week 14 mark I think. It’s worth mentioning to your midwife though, I did with mine and she said it was just down the things squashing against different nerves, she said it’s normal and usually goes on it’s own but to let them know if it didn’t and they could look at physio. Also I don’t know how painful it is for you, mine was painful but not unbearable, but if yours is really painful and you’re worried then I would call your doctor or midwife😊

Reactions: 1
Thanks girls.

Its in my left leg the whole thigh area kind of on the side and front is the worst. But I can feel it all the way down my leg too. It literally just came yesterday. Its hurting so much and I've got to be on my feet all day at work I'm dreading it.
Ive actually lost a bit of weight so can't be the extra weight yet??
Its not a cramp it's constant is this what you guys had?

Thanks girls.

Its in my left leg the whole thigh area kind of on the side and front is the worst. But I can feel it all the way down my leg too. It literally just came yesterday. Its hurting so much and I've got to be on my feet all day at work I'm dreading it.
Yep, this sounds exactly like mine. I’m 30 weeks tomorrow, and I can’t get comfy lying, sitting, walking, anything. Wishing the next 10 weeks away like I always do 😭

Thanks girls.

yeah I think mine was mainly in my right leg but it sounds similar, the worst was my outer thigh but it would spread round to the whole thigh sometimes, would be particularly bad at night! Mine was like a really strong tingling/burning sensation but it was painful if that makes sense. I would call your midwife or GP about it especially if you have a standing up job, don’t suffer in silence!

So my due date is in three weeks (+1 day) and I just had a massive panic attack. My OH won't be home a lot for the rest of the week and I feel like there's still so much to prepare for her arrival (although it's actually not too bad, we've got loads already covered).
I mean, we had been trying for over a year before I finally got pregnant and she is so loved already, but now that it's almost d-day I find myself really stressing out about it a lot 😣
Have an appointment with a psychologist tomorrow, which I'm not necessarily looking forward to, but I know it'll be good for me.
Anyway, other than that I have another scan this Friday and I am looking forward to that, because the scans always calm me down. Seeing her little face is such a joy (unless she's covering it with her arms or hands again 😅).
I think everyone has this panic towards the end. I remember my cousin telling me as long as you have something to put the baby in to take it home it's fine, everything else can wait!
You will never feel totally prepared and dad will still be running to boots when you get home from hospital but that's all part of the fun 😂😂😂
And that applies to being emotionally ready too, nothing can prepare you for the hormones (good and bad) but as a 2nd time mum i can honestly say there is no part of that I am dreading, I'm looking forward to it all. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ladies with sciatic/leg/bum pain, I cannot recommend acupuncture enough! I’ve been going every 10 days or so since around 30 weeks when I got a really awful twingey bum cheek pain and it’s been brilliant, it’s pretty much completely got rid of it and even when it’s started to niggle it’s gone again within a day or two of my next session. I was sceptical at first but my friend said she’s been finding it good for her early pregnancy symptoms and my obstetrician said it might be worth trying and I honestly can’t stop raving about it. It’s even helped me with a shoulder issue I’ve been having for months.

Reactions: 5
Ladies with sciatic/leg/bum pain, I cannot recommend acupuncture enough! I’ve been going every 10 days or so since around 30 weeks when I got a really awful twingey bum cheek pain and it’s been brilliant, it’s pretty much completely got rid of it and even when it’s started to niggle it’s gone again within a day or two of my next session. I was sceptical at first but my friend said she’s been finding it good for her early pregnancy symptoms and my obstetrician said it might be worth trying and I honestly can’t stop raving about it. It’s even helped me with a shoulder issue I’ve been having for months.
Your bum cheek pain… was it almost like an electric shock if you sat on your bum weird?

Reactions: 3
So I've feeling very 'morning sickess' like for a couple of days - furry/icky mouth feeling, put off by certain food smells, worse in the evening... literally like the first trimester all over again...

However, today I also have a really dull stomach ache and I cannot stop pooping :oops: like I have to keep running to the loo. A quick Google tells me it's not sinister, but I'm just praying maybe it's a bug or I just ate something. Got the infamous pissing hen do in a week and my sister's wedding in a month and I really don't need to be feeling rough for either 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My pram is still awaiting shipment but I have 1 car seat delivered so far 😅. Can a relax a little bit now as it was really stressing me out.
I also had random leg pains and the bum cheek electric shock feeling. The female body baffles me sometimes! I also got shoulder pain at the beginning of pregnancy and the midwife said it was trapped wind related 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Forgot how unpleasant braxton hicks are 😭 literally had to sit down at work to make them calm down. Hate that they make your brain go “oh tit oh tit oh tit” when literally nothing is happening. Cba so much today 🙃

Off topic here but has anyone got a WiFi kettle? I was looking at one online I'd love to get one for bottle making (going to try breastfeeding but not putting pressure on myself)

Reactions: 2
Your bum cheek pain… was it almost like an electric shock if you sat on your bum weird?
Yes sometimes as I sat down but also just like a pinched / trapped sharp nerve pain when I walked, really deep in my bum cheek. Gorgeous!! 😝

• Haha
So glad you’re okay! The birth centre sounds amazing…I’m such a sucker for fairy lights!

Can’t believe we have less than 8 weeks until due date now! ❤
Thanks! Haha I’m the same especially round Christmas.

Ahh I know it feels like it’s flying now ❤

• Heart
Does anyone know if grieving or stress is bad for baby? I had to put my dog to sleep last week at nearly 13 years. I’m 35 weeks. I’m really struggling with the loss of her. She’s been there through everything over the years with me. dv relationships, homelessness, mental health problems, miscarriages, birth of my first child, losses of family members, several house loves, illnesses. Etc. She was always there. I know to some it’s only a dog.. but that dog saved me and was my best friend and it’s hit me so hard. I’m trying so hard to hold it all together and be strong for the baby in my tummy but feel like I’m fighting a losing battle and need to let it all out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Does anyone know if grieving or stress is bad for baby? I had to put my dog to sleep last week at nearly 13 years. I’m 35 weeks. I’m really struggling with the loss of her. She’s been there through everything over the years with me. dv relationships, homelessness, mental health problems, miscarriages, birth of my first child, losses of family members, several house loves, illnesses. Etc. She was always there. I know to some it’s only a dog.. but that dog saved me and was my best friend and it’s hit me so hard. I’m trying so hard to hold it all together and be strong for the baby in my tummy but feel like I’m fighting a losing battle and need to let it all out.
I'm sorry you're going through this ❤
It won't be bad for baby, don't worry ❤
Stopping yourself from grieving will probably make it worse on yourself if anything ❤

• Heart
Omg twingey bum cheek pain is the best description for what I get. I’d forgotten I was going to look into acupuncture at the beginning. How did you find a good one and is it expensive?

Didn't even know this was a thing 😂
The future is here 😂😂😂 I also just think it would be amazing to start making a cuppa before I even get out of bed 😂😂

Probably the more you fight it the worse it will be down the line. Let it all out, it will stress you more to try and suppress it ❤❤

• Heart
So sorry to hear of the loss of your lovely dog 💔❤ Please don’t worry. The best thing you can do is let it all out and not have lots of pent up stress. Cry, scream, hit pillows etc and grieve in any way necessary. I have been grieving myself since pregnant and the pain is awful but I promise your baby will be ok, holding it together is the worst thing you can do for your mental health right now so just let it all out. We are all here if you need us xxx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.