• 18-24 weeks

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • 24-30 weeks

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • 30-36 weeks

Votes: 29 20.0%
  • Due any day now!

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Already had my baby, just can’t bare to leave!

Votes: 22 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sooo just had an actual very third baby moment…Everyone’s been asking how far along I am and I keep saying 23 weeks, just looked at my app to do the poll at the top of this thread and I’m 25 today 🤣🤣🤣 I haven’t even taken pics of my scan photos to send to everyone as life has just been too hectic 😅 Poor boy. Time is bloody flying though! Finally started collecting some bits together and sorting out the older boys rooms ready for the nursery to be done. It’ll literally be January before I know it 😭

On dopplers…I was able to hear heart beats at 16 weeks every time, I wasn’t expecting it this time round though as I know a lot of trusts have stopped! Agree though that it’s terrible not all women are able to access the same baseline level of care via the NHS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
My Trust were offering 16 week Dopplers 3 years ago in my first pregnancy, I really hope they still are! I'll find out this week I guess 😊

I'm just thrilled I'm back eating food again, I have so much sympathy for HG mums, or mums who have sickness throughout their pregnancies/beyond the first trimester, you're all tough as hell!

Reactions: 1
I've unpacked the case from being away this weekend and told my husband to not bother putting it back in the loft as it's the one I'll use to take to hospital, so I might as well start chipping away at packing for birth. (I'm 33 weeks and still sick as a dog so figured I can pace myself doing it).
But, I feel like being a scrooge and trying to buy minimal maternity stuff has come back to bite me, as I'm pretty much using everything clothing wise that I'd want to take :unsure:
I guess I can do toiletries, towel and baby stuff and then reduce down to a really small rotation of clothes near the end so I can sacrifice some to be packed.

Still selecting the 30-36 bracket three threads later 😫😫 @Dipdab I’m wondering if centile charts are individualised as on mine it has details of my weight etc and my previous baby’s details. I thought it was all standardised! But now I remember the sonographer telling me they would put the measurements onto my own chart and the doctor would look at what that meant for me…
ETA- Google tells me that customised charts are used adjusting for maternal height, weight, ethnic origin, parity (previous babies) and smoking/diabetes. Makes sense!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Still selecting the 30-36 bracket three threads later 😫😫 @Dipdab I’m wondering if centile charts are individualised as on mine it has details of my weight etc and my previous baby’s details. I thought it was all standardised! But now I remember the sonographer telling me they would put the measurements onto my own chart and the doctor would look at what that meant for me…
ETA- Google tells me that customised charts are used adjusting for maternal height, weight, ethnic origin, parity (previous babies) and smoking/diabetes. Makes sense!
Yes they definitely should be personalised!

All centile charts are personalised, and then further personalised when it's a multiple pregnancy in with the national average in multiples. (Or so I was informed anyway when I was told my personalised chart was incorrect)😂

I've unpacked the case from being away this weekend and told my husband to not bother putting it back in the loft as it's the one I'll use to take to hospital, so I might as well start chipping away at packing for birth. (I'm 33 weeks and still sick as a dog so figured I can pace myself doing it).
But, I feel like being a scrooge and trying to buy minimal maternity stuff has come back to bite me, as I'm pretty much using everything clothing wise that I'd want to take :unsure:
I guess I can do toiletries, towel and baby stuff and then reduce down to a really small rotation of clothes near the end so I can sacrifice some to be packed.
I didn't buy a single new thing 😊
Made it difficult to pack though because I was using things 😂 only thing I could pack were breast pads and maternity pads 😂

Ah never knew that! Does make sense! 🙂

I didn't buy a single new thing 😊
Made it difficult to pack though because I was using things 😂 only thing I could pack were breast pads and maternity pads 😂
I've barely bought anything new, only pads and some toiletries and dressing gown as I don't wear one (I'm ways too hot).I've bought a really thin one from Primarni which I guess I'll use as hoping to use at home (I fact I was doing and I've packed it and miss it 🤣).

Can anyone remember how much weight babies put on in the last few weeks? I've heard it's 1/2lb but I'm not sure how for how many weeks - google isn't telling me... May check babies growth chart actually...trying to predict!

Eta: I've worked it out from growth chart 😊. I had a nearly 9lber last time but baby2 is coming 3 weeks earlier and is predicted to be 7lb less! Ekk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I've barely bought anything new, only pads and some toiletries and dressing gown as I don't wear one (I'm ways too hot).I've bought a really thin one from Primarni which I guess I'll use as hoping to use at home (I fact I was doing and I've packed it and miss it 🤣).

Can anyone remember how much weight babies put on in the last few weeks? I've heard it's 1/2lb but I'm not sure how for how many weeks - google isn't telling me... May check babies growth chart actually...trying to predict!
I was googling it today. Said half a pound per week for the last 4 weeks

Had the worst full ache in my left leg for two days. Makes sleeping difficult because it feels like I need to stretch it out but I can’t figure out the right position for it 😂

Also, had that horrible, sugary, ‘furry’ taste in my mouth all day and then just smelt Mr O’s super noodles and felt sick. Reeeeally hoping this isn’t the dreaded third trimester sickness 😭😭😭

What’s everyone planning to wear (or wore for the mamas who have graduated) to come home from hospital? I don’t know if trackies are too casual but I can’t imagine wanting anything tight? 🤣

What’s everyone planning to wear (or wore for the mamas who have graduated) to come home from hospital? I don’t know if trackies are too casual but I can’t imagine wanting anything tight? 🤣
I have always worn leggings. Although this time I went home in my maternity jeans 😂

I wore leggings and a longish baggy jumper. It was start of November and I went home in the dark early evening so I wouldn't have even cared what I looked like. 😂😂

My last baby was a summer one so I wore like loose black (always black bottoms haha!) cotton/linen type trousers and a feeding top.

This time it'll be cooler so probably maternity leggings.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.