Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Almost 39 weeks and 1 stone ☹Dunno why it’s not thru lack of trying I’m just not gaining weight. I have a very small bump. Everyone is different 🙂
Yeah I’ve not put much on either I think it’s a mixture of being a bit overweight before and having bad sickness. Also probably didn’t realise how many calories I drank before whoops 😂😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah I’ve not put much on either I think it’s a mixture of being a bit overweight before and having bad sickness. Also probably didn’t realise how many calories I drank before whoops 😂😬
Oh yeah the wine calories make a huge amount of difference 😂😂😬😬😬 I’m putting a lot down to life style change too

Reactions: 2
Oh yeah the wine calories make a huge amount of difference 😂😂😬😬😬 I’m putting a lot down to life style change too
Life style change! I’m using that 😂

It’s my birthday tomorrow and my friend dropped off a new non alcoholic Prosecco I’ve not tried before so will report back!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Girl what are you eating, have you changed your diet completely?! I’m so hungry already😂 and did you get told there and then you were getting induced because of it? I feel like I’ve been left hanging for another week!
hows the monitoring going? Are you getting high reads?
Im so glad I know someone in the same position now, it kind of stressed me out having GD just said to me at this stage- I thought we were well passed it!

Just reading OJ and croissant makes me so sad 😂😂😂😂

I’m absolutely starving already! What do you tend to do to “fill a hole”, I literally ate an hour ago and im ravenous already 😂😭 this is going to be the longest a week of my life. Preying all my readings stay low!
The finger pricking is a bit weird to get used to. Hope i don’t forget!
Yes unfortunately my readings seem to be boarderline high and higher then they should be, I’ve found ryveta crackers and Philly and ham is a filling snack and my dietician has said that it’s ok for before bed 😅 ye at my last app which are weekly now I’m so far along she said that Tuesday coming I will get my induction booked which makes me feel happy as baby’s tummy is meassuring big and I actually feel like a whale and just want a takeout 🤣🤣

• Haha
Another one with GD.
But baby is only somewhere between 30th and 40th percentile. My values on the initial test were actually so close to normal, but have to check blood sugar now nonetheless to be sure.
I've had to test 4x/d for a couple of weeks, but they changed it back to 2x/d as my values are okay.
Snackwise I'm going for cheese, nuts, raw vegetables, berries, grapes, little sausages, etc. Mealwise my breakfasts are always yoghurt with some granola (with stevia instead of sugar) and sometimes some blueberries, for lunch bread and low carb spread and for dinner it varies, but try to keep it low carb.
For drinks I also recommend sugar free fizzy drinks. There's quite the variety out there, so it's nice to not always having to drink plain water.
I am craving some pastries or crisps though and have to say I've sinned a few times. Figured one cookie every now and then won't make her grow over the 90th percentile suddenly (my gynaegologist even said, "if you want some cake, just have some cake and make sure you don't have to measure afterwards, but don't tell anyone I said that" 😅). And I'm also slim (below average bmi, runs in the family), so losing weight is definitely not what I want.
@SavvyBee how big is your baby measuring at the moment?

I gained about 10 to 11 kg in total now.

Currently 37 weeks! Final countdown! Can't wait to mindlessly eat a bag of crisps and candy 😄 Oh yes, and to meet the baby too, right, right!

Edit: oh and hummus is also low carb. So you can eat some raw veggies with hummus as a snack for example, that's more filling than the veggies on their own.

Another one with GD.
But baby is only somewhere between 30th and 40th percentile. My values on the initial test were actually so close to normal, but have to check blood sugar now nonetheless to be sure.
I've had to test 4x/d for a couple of weeks, but they changed it back to 2x/d as my values are okay.
Snackwise I'm going for cheese, nuts, raw vegetables, berries, grapes, little sausages, etc. Mealwise my breakfasts are always yoghurt with some granola (with stevia instead of sugar) and sometimes some blueberries, for lunch bread and low carb spread and for dinner it varies, but try to keep it low carb.
For drinks I also recommend sugar free fizzy drinks. There's quite the variety out there, so it's nice to not always having to drink plain water.
I am craving some pastries or crisps though and have to say I've sinned a few times. Figured one cookie every now and then won't make her grow over the 90th percentile suddenly (my gynaegologist even said, "if you want some cake, just have some cake and make sure you don't have to measure afterwards, but don't tell anyone I said that" 😅). And I'm also slim (below average bmi, runs in the family), so losing weight is definitely not what I want.

Currently 37 weeks! Final countdown! Can't wait to mindlessly eat a bag of crisps and candy 😄 Oh yes, and to meet the baby too, right, right!

Edit: oh and hummus is also low carb. So you can eat some raw veggies with hummus as a snack for example, that's more filling than the veggies on their own.
I have GD and have hardly had any guidance on food. They just keep upping my insulin and I'm pretty much eating whatever I like... have been for the past 20 weeks since I found put that I had GD - it includes crisps and chocolates... Cannot help myself, despite knowing its the most important time in my life to be healthy.

Dietician did say she things my GD is hormonal as my fasted readings are high even if I've not eaten for 12hrs 🤔

Reactions: 1
In hospital, pessary in, and already 1cm dilated so hoping it won’t be a ridiculously long wait before things start to happen 😬🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Another one with GD.

I also only failed it marginally - fasting levels fine and 7.9 after the drink and it has to be 7.8! I do have PCOS and diabetes in the family though so was almost expecting a diagnosis and feeling fortunate my fasting levels have stayed good so I have been diet controlled. My consultant is also similar in terms of one treat or high reading won’t do any harm every so often if you really want it - otherwise the GTT would be massively unethical!Baby was just under 50t centile at my first growth scan (similar to my 20wk), but then jumped up to over 90th at my 33wk scan. However I commented on the jump and the sonographer remeasured then and there and said oh yeah, it’s actually 75th. Quite a big difference. She was a bit scatty. And seemed to insist she was more accurate than the previous scan. My consultant wasn’t worried (she definitely got a panicked WhatsApp about having a giant baby), she said my 36wk scan is with the same person who did my 30wk scan and she knows her to be incredibly accurate so we will go from there. I found out the other day my slim build husband was born 9lb almost and his two very slim grown up kids were also chunky babies so I’ve kind of resigned myself to the fact I’ll be having a bigger baby anyway. My bump has been smaller throughout though and is still only measuring on the smaller size of average now so… 🤷🏼‍♀️ I actually haven’t weighed myself since being pregnant (firmly in denial over the lockdown weight I didn’t want to face!) so figured there wasn’t much point as I didn’t know my starting weight. I was wearing pre pregnancy jeans at 28 weeks though and the rest of my clothes fit elsewhere so I don’t think I’ve gained loads above and beyond the actual pregnancy weight. We shall see once they’re here I guess. I refuse to stress myself out too much about it all, as Long as my blood sugars are good and I’m eating relatively healthily I can’t control baby’s size or mine for that matter!

I don't get insulin either. My fasting levels are also normal. They got a bit higher a few weeks ago, but that was at the same time as me having a cold. Now they're entirely normal again. Even lower than before.
Also have PCOS, but no diabetes in the family, so I was surprised to have GD. But I was quite a big baby, so possibly my mom had GD when she got me, but ofcourse she was never tested back then, so we'll never know for sure 🤷‍♀️ My OH and his brother and sister were also big babies, but the men in his family all grow to almost 2m, so that's not a good reference 😅

Oh wow, there is indeed quite a difference between 90th or 75th percentile 😳 Especially as you're being monitored for GD, you'd expect them to measure more closely.

@Abcd123 Ah weird that they didn't give you info about diet. But I guess with the insuline it doesn't really matter :)

I know this isn’t something I should be worrying about loads really but more just curious, those of you around the 35 week mark how much weight have you gained so far please?
I’m 34 weeks and gained about 4/5kg

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I know this isn’t something I should be worrying about loads really but more just curious, those of you around the 35 week mark how much weight have you gained so far please?
Lost about 4/5lbs in the first trimester. Probably put on that plus 10 stone 🙃

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.