Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I know this isn’t something I should be worrying about loads really but more just curious, those of you around the 35 week mark how much weight have you gained so far please?
I dont know but I'm scared to weigh myself. My 4 year old son hugged my legs yesterday and said "oh your legs have got so big like a horse" I didn't know what to say so I neighed and pretended to gallop round the kitchen 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Dipdab

VIP Member
The only thing I regret about finding out their gender was telling everyone! We havnt shared the names to anyone at all. But unfortunately I’ve had some negative remarks when I mention it’s 2 girls. To the point if strangers or anyone else asks now I tell them I don’t know ….

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

Sunshinegal

Okay girls although it's slightly better I decided to call 111. And I'm now waiting in A&E so I'll update you all
I've had a lot of 'so it's not swollen?' which I have said over and over so they better bloody check me properly and not send me home as I told them that before I came.

Hopefully it's nothing but I've come incase. Just hoping they don't try and fob me off.

• Heart
  • Haha

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
We have a nursery!

Well, we have a spare bedroom with my home office set up on one side and a wardrobe, Moses basket and ottoman on the other 😂 but it’s wallpapered and painted and looks like a tiny human could possibly sleep in there 😂

• Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
Booked my whooping cough jab... for this afternoon 😩 my doctors are usually fab but the receptionist today was so dim she didn’t even know what it was. I said ‘my Midwife told me to book it here’ ‘so you’re pregnant?’
🤯🥴 I mean I think I look pregnant but maybe I don’t but people don’t see midwives for no reason am I right?!’
Felt like banging my head on the perspex glass😂

• Haha

Hannah_204

VIP Member
I’ve just booked an extra week of mat leave with holiday so I can finish at 37 weeks! Literally cannot wait now my head is so not in work anymore! 🤪

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Well after saying I couldn’t take any more (and having my tubes tied not 6 months ago during my section) I looked at my baby the other day and thought “I’ve been too hasty! I could have gone for a fifth no trouble!”

• Haha

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
so I just got my induction date in the post and I’m having a little cry. I’m so scared. I have a massive phobia of hospitals. I’m scared of being induced. I have to go in alone at 8am and my partner can only visit during 11am and 8pm unless transferred to the delivery suite. I’ve heard of inductions takings days. I’m really hoping I go into labour before because I didn’t realise how scared I was until this letter just dropped through the door. Like it’s real. It’s happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

jackolantern

VIP Member
We have no idea on middle names, 100% sure on a first name for a girl but less so with a boys name. Would have been nice to name after lost loved ones but honestly their names were fucking awful :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry ghosty jackolantern seniors if ya watchin x

• Haha

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
After the chat the other day about what to wear leaving hospital, has anyone any recommendations for leggings with high waist/thick waistband?
I've got a pair of maternity leggings from Sainsburys that are dead comfy.

Just had my 28 week midwife appointment. My bump is measuring a tiiiiiny bit big (30cm instead of 29) but I've got an extra scan booked in anyway because of my lithium so she wasn't worried.

I had a chat with her about my anxiety around movements and she was really helpful and reassuring. Just thought I'd explain it here as I know a couple of others have said they find movements a worry.

So I've been tracking her movements by the hour, so then if she'd been moving at 6am for a few days, I would get to 7am another day and panic that she hadn't moved. The midwife explained that I don't need to be so specific, as long as she moves at some point in the morning. She said sometimes babies have days where they sleep more, or they're affected by your routine etc.

So if she generally tends to move first thing In the morning, and one day I get to lunchtime and haven't noticed anything, call triage. Basically, rather than thinking in hour slots, I should break the day into more general chunks, ie 'early morning', 'lunchtime', 'afternoon' and don't stress about the exact time.

Anyway, I know people get given lots of different advice depending on their trust/midwife etc. but I just thought I'd share in case anyone else is a neurotic as me 😂

• Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
This might sound odd but has anyone felt their baby’s movement and it almost feels like they’re vibrating/shaking? I normally feel jabs/kicks but tonight it felt a mini earthquake 😅. I did google and it seems pretty normal at this stage but it really took me by surprise!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Nursty

VIP Member
Having given birth 10 days ago and starting and then giving up with the PBC hypnobirthing, I'll say the things I took from it that were useful to me were- 1) having the mindset that every contraction was one contraction done and closer to having my baby here.
2) the "in breathing" or whatever she calls it for contractions. I think you breathe in for 8 and out for 4? And by the time you've done 4 cycles of it you know you're at the peak of your contraction so it's good to know it's ending.
But literally my midwife was the best with the "positive affirmations" any time I said I couldn't do it, she was in my ear saying "yes you can, you're doing it right now" like a really good cheerleader. 😂
I had a 9lb 8oz baby, who was compound presentation and I didn't tear or need stitches so I'll take it as a win. 🤣
But I did totally eyeroll at most of the course and didn't bother finishing it.

• Heart

Author123

Chatty Member
The 14th of April which sounds terrifyingly soon, maybe it won’t sink in for either of us unless there’s actually a baby here and then we go oh fuck ✌🏻😅🤣
I just got back from my scan too and am the same due date ☺ All feels a bit surreal!

Edit to add: Is it totally wrong that I’m almost more excited for a countdown until the extended break from work?! I think it’s just that I can picture not being sat at my computer day in and out more than I can with a tiny human! Although the amount baby was wiggling during the scan it definitely seemed to want to make its presence known 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
I'm just getting to all the science bit now about hormones etc. and I'm starting to see how the affirmations are supposed to play into that and help. I'm glad you had such a positive experience, it definitely makes me think I should persevere with the course and try and be bit more open minded :)

Yes I'm hoping that understanding all the science-y bits will sort of help with the mindset stuff and I'll feel much more informed about what's happening and why. I'm definitely one of those people that needs to understand 'why' before I can buy into it!
I ended up having contractions for nearly 30 hours. Almost a third of that was on my own, a third with my partner at home and a third lying on my side in hospital with monitors attached for baby. contracting on your side is pants 😢 staying upright, forward and open had been helping me so much at home.
I really enjoyed watching bits of the course with my partner and discussing it with him. Having a better understanding of the physiology of birth, really helped me visualise what was happening during the contractions. And it is true, no contraction is a waste and each one means you are closer to meeting baby 😀

I ended up having my waters broken, an epidural and emergency c section- so not a typical PBC birth, but even as they were suggesting the c- section my partner was there asking about benefits, risks, alternatives and what if we didn’t do anything for a while. He wouldn’t have thought to do that without the course. It did push him to be an informed birth partner which made me feel safe and in good hands.

• Heart
Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He weighed 6.13 and is absolutely perfect.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Huge congratulations! This just made me cry and I don’t know why 😂 that first cry is something else 💔 enjoy all those wonderful cuddles and take care of yourself ❤

Jesus Christ I’m so broody 😂 can you be broody and pregnant? I don’t even know

• Haha
  • Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
So my due date is in three weeks (+1 day) and I just had a massive panic attack. My OH won't be home a lot for the rest of the week and I feel like there's still so much to prepare for her arrival (although it's actually not too bad, we've got loads already covered).
I mean, we had been trying for over a year before I finally got pregnant and she is so loved already, but now that it's almost d-day I find myself really stressing out about it a lot 😣
Have an appointment with a psychologist tomorrow, which I'm not necessarily looking forward to, but I know it'll be good for me.
Anyway, other than that I have another scan this Friday and I am looking forward to that, because the scans always calm me down. Seeing her little face is such a joy (unless she's covering it with her arms or hands again 😅).

• Heart