Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JimBob0346

I just want to make a few key points on this whole thing to bring it back to the actual point of what everyone’s discussing.

- In 2019 I was told that it’s common knowledge that Phillip Schofield is seeing a male runner on This Morning. This was from someone who had worked with PS.

- Following on from that I contacted someone within the press to discuss. They said something along the lines of that it doesn’t surprise them. Then “he’s got a flat in Southwark where he has the boys over to”.

- Since then I made my post to Facebook from July about it all public. Mainly to make the point that yes in fact we all knew and there has been a lot of talk within the industry about him.

- The person within the press that I’d spoken to also mentioned the fact that Phillip Schofield is linked to Peter Powell. Who has also been known to ‘like them young’. So that leads me to think that yes it could be a bit sinister.

- Apparently no newspaper will touch this story. Several reporters have reached out to MM but they’ve had no response.

- My press contact also over the years has heard talk of Phillip ‘liking them young’ too.

- I also spoke with a second press contact (who contacted me on Twitter asking how I know) and it was them who mentioned the word ‘Super injunction’ (not me). Which is why I shared the supposed legal warning letter which could be fake. However. The law firm mentioned on the letter does represent high profile talent, musicians and production companies including Love Productions who make Bake Off. So that makes me feel it could be true. But why spell his name wrong? Unless the person who referenced that he hates it being misspelt was a genuine dig. But if it’s a legal document then surely it’d be void if there’s an error in it.

- Someone supposedly within MM’s inner circles contacted me also. And it *sounds like* things are happening behind the scenes. Though what, who knows?

I think it’s important for everyone to remember that MM is a 23 year old young man. Clearly drawn in by the glitz and glamour of showbiz. Who no doubt had an amazing time behind the scenes all those years ago when he visited and he ended up in tele like a whirlwind with no real time to think about anything. Imagine someone giving you your dream job/world on a plate!? How would you feel or react.

I think it’s also important to reduce the pressure online towards MM. I don’t feel he’s at fault here and if this situation is as serious as people have concluded then it won’t help any court battle or legal proceeding if there’s too much in the rumour mill. Courts want hard facts and evidence to back up any statements or claims made by a defendant. It won’t help that theres so much gossiping going on. Especially if the gossip leads to creating more rumours out of thin air. Just remember this poor lad is still just a kid. Despite being an adult. Think back to when you were 23. I would hate to think the unbelievable amount of pressure he’s under right now. What if this was your son or daughter and it had happened to them. He’s still a person. I think the focus should be on PS and those protecting him. And not the poor lad who’s just been screwed over by his employer and somewhat idol.

• Heart
Reactions: 94

PaddyDomino

Hi all, long time lurker :) such a great forum, with a nice friendly atmosphere.
I worked for the BBC from the late 80s to the mid 90s, so I thought I would join and put in my twopennorth!
I've been reading this thread all week, as I happened to watch Phil's coming out live. I'd come in from walking the dog and missed the beginning, he looked so gaunt and worried that I literally thought he was announcing that he was terminally ill!
It struck me that if it was such a weight off his shoulders to come out and his family were supportive, then why such a doom laden atmosphere?
Also, as Joan Collins said, why now?
I feel that his hand was forced, otherwise why not make the coming out a kind of celebration, with a whole item maybe prepared, maybe a phone in, so that others could share their stories/ask advice?
Or on the other hand, make it a low key affair, with a press release whilst he's on his summer break?
Last Friday's announcement felt rushed and he looked unhappy about it all.
Regarding Matthew being a runner for four years, that is highly unusual, in my experience. It is very badly paid, and if a runner was good at their job, they would be promoted to junior researcher after maybe only six months or one year but definitely after two years.
Runners either go the researcher/producer route, which may also lead to presenter or the other route upwards is assistant floor manager.
Matthew seemed ambitious to be a presenter. I looked at his showreel, that he made in the This Morning studio, and he seemed very confident. I'm wondering if he stayed as a runner on This Morning for so long because he thought he would be given a small presenting role there eventually? It doesn't make sense to stay so long as a runner, unless he kept being promised a job that never materialised?
I think it's been said that he got made production secretary on Loose Women?
A production secretary's job would not be a natural progression for a runner, usually runners want the more "glamorous" production type roles, whereas the secretary role is more hum drum, very much office bound and hassley; making travel arrangements etc.
Maybe Matthew was disgruntled at the lack of promotion at This Morning but I find it hard to believe that he went to the papers with stories of shenanigans with Phil because that would be career suicide! And he seems so ambitious. So maybe it was a colleague that tried to sell the story?
Apologies for the long post, I'm rambling! :D

Reactions: 54

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Thread title courtesy of @Delia Smith with 17 votes. Tweaked slightly to make it fit.

Carry on your discussions here about the runner loving Schofe including a question that occurred to me whilst watching This Morning today. Is it right for a 57 year old man to be wearing super skinny jeans?

And in honour of our thread title winner.....

Cheers 🥂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

tattle admin

Tattle Staff
Hi all,

We've been lenient on this thread as we have so many new people. But going forward people need to stop telling people what they can post / trying to control the narrative or however you word it they mean the same. If there's a post you think crosses a line hit the report button, don't quote it and try to moderate it.

Please report any posts that you think overstep the line or posts from members that are a form of trying to moderate people

Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Chinwag

I’m being careful not to jump to the conclusions he’s HIV or Aids just because he’s come out and he looks really shit.

I know he’s from that time and it was just before they discovered the drugs. If he’s been shagging around for decades then it wouldn’t be surprising HOWEVER it could just as easily be any other illness!!!

Everyone, i think we’ve done a really great job in here of not saying anything that could be twisted and made to look like homophobia and i worry going down the line of “oh i bet he’s got aids” isn’t a good look.

Not preaching, just thinking about all of us in here and want us to be able to continue trying to get to bottom of this whole Matthew thing without us being written off and not listened to!

I’m with you all though with him not looking well, and the extra thick makeup all of a sudden when seen close up is just bizzare!!!

Reactions: 41

tattle admin

Tattle Staff
Hi all, just a quick note to keep it on the topic of Phillip Schofield so people have a chance to catch up on the thread. 😀

Some very offtopic general chit chat has been deleted.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Teal99

The world is going bonkers isn’t it? Who would ever believe Trump and Boris would end up leaders of their countries? BREXIT, previously left wing towns in the north becoming Tory, now Pip Schofield coming out but being roundly criticised for being inappropriate with runners in a matter of days. I kind of miss the old days.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

PlainJane10

MM we have your back, I know that doesn't mean much at the moment but I think the reaction to all of this from Joe Public hasn't been homophobic in the main, just concern that someone so young might be suffering, whether that was intented by PS or not. I hope you have the support of your family as that's what truely matters, and it might seem like the end of the world at the moment, but in time things will move on and you may well get your chance again. Life has a funny way of working out for the best, honestly. Have faith and hold on.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Anfield Annie

Something else I thought about which annoys me about all this....when Fearne Britton lost all her weight there was all that hoo ha because she didn’t “come out” 😀 and admit about the bypass gastric band thingy she had fitted. In truth she didn’t lie, just didn’t explain and instead chose to refer to healthy eating and lots of bike rides!....but the fall out from that was that she ended up losing her job. There was lots of talk about pay gaps too etc but I remember at the time she got tons of flack in the press about the so called ‘deception‘ to the viewers so it definitely contributed to her leaving.....what a difference a decade makes....ITV clearly have a higher tolerance level these days

Reactions: 33

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I find Blind Gossip has been highly reliable over the years. They were talking about Bruce Jenner transitioning YEARS before it happened, as well as about Harvey Weinstein.

• Wow
Reactions: 33

geebees

I just want to make a few key points on this whole thing to bring it back to the actual point of what everyone’s discussing.

- In 2019 I was told that it’s common knowledge that Phillip Schofield is seeing a male runner on This Morning. This was from someone who had worked with PS.

- Following on from that I contacted someone within the press to discuss. They said something along the lines of that it doesn’t surprise them. Then “he’s got a flat in Southwark where he has the boys over to”.

- Since then I made my post to Facebook from July about it all public. Mainly to make the point that yes in fact we all knew and there has been a lot of talk within the industry about him.

- The person within the press that I’d spoken to also mentioned the fact that Phillip Schofield is linked to Peter Powell. Who has also been known to ‘like them young’. So that leads me to think that yes it could be a bit sinister.

- Apparently no newspaper will touch this story. Several reporters have reached out to MM but they’ve had no response.

- My press contact also over the years has heard talk of Phillip ‘liking them young’ too.

- I also spoke with a second press contact (who contacted me on Twitter asking how I know) and it was them who mentioned the word ‘Super injunction’ (not me). Which is why I shared the supposed legal warning letter which could be fake. However. The law firm mentioned on the letter does represent high profile talent, musicians and production companies including Love Productions who make Bake Off. So that makes me feel it could be true. But why spell his name wrong? Unless the person who referenced that he hates it being misspelt was a genuine dig. But if it’s a legal document then surely it’d be void if there’s an error in it.

- Someone supposedly within MM’s inner circles contacted me also. And it *sounds like* things are happening behind the scenes. Though what, who knows?

I think it’s important for everyone to remember that MM is a 23 year old young man. Clearly drawn in by the glitz and glamour of showbiz. Who no doubt had an amazing time behind the scenes all those years ago when he visited and he ended up in tele like a whirlwind with no real time to think about anything. Imagine someone giving you your dream job/world on a plate!? How would you feel or react.

I think it’s also important to reduce the pressure online towards MM. I don’t feel he’s at fault here and if this situation is as serious as people have concluded then it won’t help any court battle or legal proceeding if there’s too much in the rumour mill. Courts want hard facts and evidence to back up any statements or claims made by a defendant. It won’t help that theres so much gossiping going on. Especially if the gossip leads to creating more rumours out of thin air. Just remember this poor lad is still just a kid. Despite being an adult. Think back to when you were 23. I would hate to think the unbelievable amount of pressure he’s under right now. What if this was your son or daughter and it had happened to them. He’s still a person. I think the focus should be on PS and those protecting him. And not the poor lad who’s just been screwed over by his employer and somewhat idol.
This ^^^

IF all this is true, MM must be under a great deal of pressure right now and he's only a young man. Imagine, he's possibly just ended a long term "relationship", been sacked from his job and is now facing all this scrutiny. That's gotta be pretty tough. Think we should try to remember this before posting comments about his looks/talent etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
What horrifies me the most about all this is that once again we see that if you have the money you can basically get away with anything, no matter how immoral or illegal.

PS and his management have clearly paid for people to obliterate any mention of him online. That takes SERIOUS money and influence.

He's a fucking run of the mill shit TV presenter. Why has so much money and resources gone into this? There must be something seriously horric they are trying to cover up. Tip of the iceberg shit.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
What I cant get over is PS's silence. For somebody who has been all over social media for years where is he now? You would think that with this weight off his mind he would be chattering away and responding to nice messages of support and behaving online as he always has in the past. Yet he has laid low. Why? That for me speaks VOLUMES.

Reactions: 31

JimBob0346

It's easy to dig around Facebook using the search function.
His profile is still there for me. If you know how to search Facebook well, you can find more info.

Perhaps MM was better connected than we first suspected?

30th August 2017
"Can't thank MM enough for getting this special message off Andy Murray for my amazing nana... "
This links to MMs profile and he comments that the poster is welcome.

I'm not sure if this article has been shared, nothing in it but just part of the bigger picture.
metro.co.uk/2017/08/15/this-morning-anthea-turner-couldnt-resist-rubbing-down-a-semi-naked-man-with-talcum-powder-6854203/amp/

And another friend tagging him and saying"MM I can't believe this was you! Love it!"
The headline is" Holly and Phillip accused of getting Elf drunk on £1000 bottle of booze" https://tattle.life/threads/19920/
www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/is-drunk-holly-willoughby-phillip-9218767

Does MM have a female twin? A lady wished him and a girl happy birthday, they both had the same surname and a picture together. The link to the female profile has a very random name now.

Attached image shows MM using his connections to get birthday wishes form celebs for people he knows.
Ok so

Yes. He has a twin sister.

I hadn’t mentioned this until now as it’s not fair on his family to out them publicly. But yes. He has a twin. I’ve found the accounts of his parents, sisters and the family who are married into his family.

I’ve not pursued this side of things because they are irrelevant. The focus should be on PS and his wrong doing.

Reactions: 29

Chinwag

I can’t believe this is the first time he’s had a situation come up like this. There’s probably been worse going on, we just happen to of found out about this one.

When he said This Morning was his “safe space” i believe it’s because he never tried to hide being gay there and used his job to openly pursue relationships with young men through his work.

Nobody said anything until the last few months and key people still aren’t because they are scared of him. Which seems crazy but if he’s got some form of power over there then that’s why.

Look, if those EIGHT household names claim hes a “master manipulator” and even they are scared to speak out publicly then someone in a lesser position will feel the same if not more scared.

• Wow
Reactions: 29