Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JaBo

I think the summaries found here regarding PS are fascinating. However this forum isn’t as well known in the UK as say twitter / Facebook. We need to make sure the information is continually shared so more people can make up their own minds.
Also I’m willing to bet that there are damage limitation people here watching and reading (but probably keeping quiet ) trying to preempt the next moves.

i have no problem with anyone coming out as gay at any age ...but I have a big problem with people telling huge lies.

Oh, and if any of PS people are reading here... just know that all this social media cleansing and taking down of websites etc is Counterproductive - It’s all just making us dig deeper.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Rob123

I have a theory that Phillip Schofield and Matthew Mcgreevy's relationship hit the rocks, there became a toxic atmosphere between them and due to this Matt was moved to Loose Women instead of This Morning.

Matt was still working on the Dancing On Ice program but Phil didn't like him being on it so got him the sack off this prog also.

My theory is that many people working there have known about the situation between Phil and Matt, and the newspapers had also became aware of it. I do not think that MM was going to sell his story to the newspapers, I think Phil knew that journalists were onto him so instead of the worry of them one day getting enough bad info on him to run a story, he agreed with then to do an exclusive of him coming out as gay so that he could get them off his back??

I don't think that Matthew would have sold his story myself, because that would surely have make him a total outcast with may people high up in show business circles

Reactions: 27

IGotYourBack

I think he did a little more than just pull back the
Curtain 🙈 ' cos for 27 years he was still uncertain.... but I didn't think , I knew 😄✌

• Haha
Reactions: 26

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
The problem with this thread now is it’s just getting a bit childish and speculative. A lot of this now is just getting into rumour and gossip beyond what we already know or think we know. The comments like “Oohh what if he did this, what if he did that?” Aren’t helpful.

I just want to make a few key points on this whole thing to bring it back to the actual point of what everyone’s discussing.

- In 2019 I was told that it’s common knowledge that Phillip Schofield is seeing a male runner on This Morning. This was from someone who had worked with PS.

- Following on from that I contacted someone within the press to discuss. They said something along the lines of that it doesn’t surprise them. Then “he’s got a flat in Southwark where he has the boys over to”.

- Since then I made my post to Facebook from July about it all public. Mainly to make the point that yes in fact we all knew and there has been a lot of talk within the industry about him.

- The person within the press that I’d spoken to also mentioned the fact that Phillip Schofield is linked to Peter Powell. Who has also been known to ‘like them young’. So that leads me to think that yes it could be a bit sinister.

- Apparently no newspaper will touch this story. Several reporters have reached out to MM but they’ve had no response.

- My press contact also over the years has heard talk of Phillip ‘liking them young’ too.

- I also spoke with a second press contact (who contacted me on Twitter asking how I know) and it was them who mentioned the word ‘Super injunction’ (not me). Which is why I shared the supposed legal warning letter which could be fake. However. The law firm mentioned on the letter does represent high profile talent, musicians and production companies including Love Productions who make Bake Off. So that makes me feel it could be true. But why spell his name wrong? Unless the person who referenced that he hates it being misspelt was a genuine dig. But if it’s a legal document then surely it’d be void if there’s an error in it.

- Someone supposedly within MM’s inner circles contacted me also. And it *sounds like* things are happening behind the scenes. Though what, who knows?

I think it’s important for everyone to remember that MM is a 23 year old young man. Clearly drawn in by the glitz and glamour of showbiz. Who no doubt had an amazing time behind the scenes all those years ago when he visited and he ended up in tele like a whirlwind with no real time to think about anything. Imagine someone giving you your dream job/world on a plate!? How would you feel or react.

I think it’s also important to reduce the pressure online towards MM. I don’t feel he’s at fault here and if this situation is as serious as people have concluded then it won’t help any court battle or legal proceeding if there’s too much in the rumour mill. Courts want hard facts and evidence to back up any statements or claims made by a defendant. It won’t help that theres so much gossiping going on. Especially if the gossip leads to creating more rumours out of thin air. Just remember this poor lad is still just a kid. Despite being an adult. Think back to when you were 23. I would hate to think the unbelievable amount of pressure he’s under right now. What if this was your son or daughter and it had happened to them. He’s still a person. I think the focus should be on PS and those protecting him. And not the poor lad who’s just been screwed over by his employer and somewhat idol.
I 100% agree with you but, for the record, it's childish and speculative because the vast majority of us don't have 'contacts' and have joined a gossip forum to do just that... gossip. Everything I read on here is taken with a pinch of salt. I don't think you can scold members for theorizing and getting carried away. The majority is banter. This isn't an inquest 😉

Rob123

'Position of trust' and 'very vulnerable people'

If the police are involved, we don't know what information Matt has, what age things have happened or anything. If Matt won't talk to the media because it would affect a court case, something has definitely been alleged.

One thing to always remember though, is whatever is said here is gossip, it is in fact hearsay, we can only have opinions of what is happening, and opinions of what people are saying.

The main clues that something possibly very big is going down, is the amount of silence that has occurred, and the amount of closing down of sites and other internet information that has been removed.

Chablis1

VIP Member
Something else I thought about which annoys me about all this....when Fearne Britton lost all her weight there was all that hoo ha because she didn’t “come out” 😀 and admit about the bypass gastric band thingy she had fitted. in truth she didn’t lie, just didn’t explain and instead chose to refer to healthy eating and lots of bike rides!....but the fall out from that was that she ended up losing her job. There was lots of talk about pay gaps too etc but I remember at the time she got tons of flack in the press about the so called ‘deception‘ to the viewers so it definitely contributed to her leaving.....what a difference a decade makes....ITV clearly have a higher tolerance level these days
Good old patriarchy alive and kicking.

Reactions: 25

JimBob0346

Just read on twitter Politicalite are running another story on Sunday, and they're trying to get in touch with MM.
He wont speak to press. my contact at a tabloid has said hes refused all press contact so far. It would damage any court battle if he speaks out in the public domain

Anfield Annie

Something else that peees me off is that in his contradiction interviews when he says he’s known he was gay for decades .it’s also obvious that his wife will have known for quite some time,,,years likely yet....not only did he continue to peddle his mr nice guy routine on tv but...he did actually drag his wife into some programmes too...as recently as Xmas in that how to spend it well crap where he gets to show off his (soon to be former) house and his “perfect“ marriage.

She will 100% have known his sexual preferences 3 months ago...will have known how he likes to live his secret life yet has been an enabler .....so I don’t buy this feel sorry for her routine I’m afraid....she played along with it for a good chunk of the time too..in return for all the financial benefits

edit...and I suspect his daughters will have known before last Friday too

Last edited:

Carmen 6

VIP Member
This is like a war of the classes, the showbiz world all surrounding stunning and brave Phil by keeping their traps shut then there is us,the peasants who are getting treated like children not being disclosed the truth,they think we're daft!
I really don't think it's PS they're protecting, it's themselves.
If the giant rock ever gets completely lifted, there's going to be a hell of a lot of nasty maggoty things exposed to the light.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

JaBo

@ThePerezHilton on Twitter “I think the U.K. media has some kind of gag order in place about PS”

• Haha
Reactions: 23

amethyst_unicorn

Chatty Member
My past experiences of CP (child protection) investigations in social work in conjunction with the police have been sounding my alarm bells since the moment I saw his disclosure of being gay last Friday, his whole mannerisms and body language as well as my own common sense (please believe me, not every gay person is an abuser or exploiter of young people). It's all becoming clearer with this. It may take some time - frustrating I know, but the evidence has to be clear before the authorities can make their move. Hopefully victims of exploitation/abuse can be supported in coming forward and afterwards. We need to keep up the pressure on their behalf whilst being careful not to muddy the waters and damage any potential case.

• Heart

Teal99

Long time reader, first time posting - something tells me the news everyone is expecting won’t come out because it may not be true. There’s a lot of speculation but nothing concrete 🤷🏻‍♀️ And really the speculation is repeated over and over. I might be proved wrong but I just can’t see him being what everyone says he is. I just hope nothing tragic happens because of rumours and hearsay.
What do you think has happened then? Not a sarcastic question, interested. He came out in the most dramatic fashion, they made it clear nobody had forced his hand, said he had been wrestling with his sexuality for years - but it is clear from all the leaks from inside itv that something happened with an employee which has given rise to shut down of information and comment. The employee in question Has left itv employment suddenly. And wrestling with his sexuality was not true, the whole showbiz world knew he was gay so they must have known about gay dalliances. He knew he was gay when he married. That announcement was bizarre. Nobody apart from his wife (and she does not seem bothered) gave a shite about him being gay, the drama of it all set off a huge klaxon and then all the leaks started.

some of the leaks are bullshit for sure, but there are some credible ones.

I hope it is something trivial but a bit embarrassing (something he would find embarrassing but not lawbreaking) because the Saville years were bloody depressing. It came just after the 2012 London Olympics and we were on a high, good news was on the news, then straight after the Olympics, the saville exposure. And then lots of other people were accused.

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
Ohhh the whiny voice of Rylan. Seems nice but its too much squealing and ass kissing celebs they they are Gods and we owe them our lives ...Though saying that I dont know anyone who doesnt like him🤭
Whatever one's sexual inclination, I've always thought Rylan would be handy to have around in the bedroom, because you wouldn't need a night light. You could just say, 'Rylan, mate, can you smile for a minute - I need to find my way to the loo'.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Waterfountain

Chatty Member
I just want to make a few key points on this whole thing to bring it back to the actual point of what everyone’s discussing.

- In 2019 I was told that it’s common knowledge that Phillip Schofield is seeing a male runner on This Morning. This was from someone who had worked with PS.

- Following on from that I contacted someone within the press to discuss. They said something along the lines of that it doesn’t surprise them. Then “he’s got a flat in Southwark where he has the boys over to”.

- Since then I made my post to Facebook from July about it all public. Mainly to make the point that yes in fact we all knew and there has been a lot of talk within the industry about him.

- The person within the press that I’d spoken to also mentioned the fact that Phillip Schofield is linked to Peter Powell. Who has also been known to ‘like them young’. So that leads me to think that yes it could be a bit sinister.

- Apparently no newspaper will touch this story. Several reporters have reached out to MM but they’ve had no response.

- My press contact also over the years has heard talk of Phillip ‘liking them young’ too.

- I also spoke with a second press contact (who contacted me on Twitter asking how I know) and it was them who mentioned the word ‘Super injunction’ (not me). Which is why I shared the supposed legal warning letter which could be fake. However. The law firm mentioned on the letter does represent high profile talent, musicians and production companies including Love Productions who make Bake Off. So that makes me feel it could be true. But why spell his name wrong? Unless the person who referenced that he hates it being misspelt was a genuine dig. But if it’s a legal document then surely it’d be void if there’s an error in it.

- Someone supposedly within MM’s inner circles contacted me also. And it *sounds like* things are happening behind the scenes. Though what, who knows?

I think it’s important for everyone to remember that MM is a 23 year old young man. Clearly drawn in by the glitz and glamour of showbiz. Who no doubt had an amazing time behind the scenes all those years ago when he visited and he ended up in tele like a whirlwind with no real time to think about anything. Imagine someone giving you your dream job/world on a plate!? How would you feel or react.

I think it’s also important to reduce the pressure online towards MM. I don’t feel he’s at fault here and if this situation is as serious as people have concluded then it won’t help any court battle or legal proceeding if there’s too much in the rumour mill. Courts want hard facts and evidence to back up any statements or claims made by a defendant. It won’t help that theres so much gossiping going on. Especially if the gossip leads to creating more rumours out of thin air. Just remember this poor lad is still just a kid. Despite being an adult. Think back to when you were 23. I would hate to think the unbelievable amount of pressure he’s under right now. What if this was your son or daughter and it had happened to them. He’s still a person. I think the focus should be on PS and those protecting him. And not the poor lad who’s just been screwed over by his employer and somewhat idol.
Agree and well said and if he is reading on here there is a lot of concen for his welfare

• Heart

lamaitresse

VIP Member
I think saying he's HIV Positive, with no evidence to support it is a bit of a leap as well and not necessary? It's clear he likes his booze, and I assume, likes a night out caning it. Alongside the threat of being blackmailed/outed/revealed as not the Mr Nice Family Man With 2.1 kids and maybe even losing his career is a more likely explanation for the weight loss.

I've got to hand it to him, he's handling it well, turning up for work and adopting a "show must go on" attitude, because I wouldn't in his shoes.

Last edited:

Teal99

Just because someone is gay does not mean if they are ill, that it’s hiv. Gay people get the same illnesses as everybody else, cancer etc. Even if he did have HIV it is not the death sentence it once was. I doubt he has hiv or has a severe illness. He has never been a fat guy, but his vanity coupled together with the amount of stress he has been through in the last few months has resulted in a lot of weightloss.

• Heart