Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thread title -
“Don’t be fooled by my Insta strop, I’m still, I’m still Beggy from the block. Used to have a lot of ads but now I’ve been dropped”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

G&TGal

What 30+ year old man starts a post with 'Hey Guys' and doesn't proof read / spell check a post, has a moan about a 'tough old year' but explains Rebeccas withdrawal as 'some time away'.

READ THE ROOM and quit pulling the woe is me narcissistic victim card. The wording of their own posts just emphasises the fact that those apologies Rebecca posted were written for her by someone experienced in media and damage limitation.

Aberneccesities have been helping at least one Mum a day recently who has had to flee domestic abuse with her children, leaving home with just what she stood up in. They had the courage to flee not knowing what lies ahead but knowing it cannot be worse than what they face every day, and they are protecting their children.

110 people in Aberdeen have died of Covid and 111 in Aberdeenshire - some of those will be in Banchory. 221 families grieving and unable to be together for funerals and support.

Jobs are being lost, not just one wage earner in the family but both wage earners in the same household with no visible light at the end of the tunnel yet.

Children have been in lockdown for over 20 weeks in households where there is prevalent abuse and often no hot food to eat.

Foodbanks are under greater pressure than they have ever been.

The local funeral directors are not only dealing with COVID but a significant increase in suicides.

All the above are tough, tragic and heartbreaking.

And you have the audacity to say you have had a 'tough old year' whilst being in full employment offshore, new bikes for the whole family and able to take exercise more than once every day in one of the most tranquil areas of Banchory during lockdown with family support just round the corner. You have food on the table, new clothes to aff-link and a large garden for the children to play on their trampoline and swings and each girl heads off to their own bedroom at night having had access to television, tablets and toys.

If you feel you have had a tough old year then it is purely of your own doing and by making that statement it just re-enforces how completely out of touch you are with reality and devoid of empathy.

Just in case you feed back to your fan base I am neither on the dole or overweight (teeny tiny size 6-8 actually and owner of successful business) but..
If I was on the dole, my opinion is till valid.
If I am overweigh my opinion is still valid.

There is a simple descriptive term which in my opinion applies to both directors of Mrs Meldrum Limited and one they both need to address if they wish to flourish.
Bigot - a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 93

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
Hello. This is Kay Burleeee from Sky news reporting live from the gates...oh sorry, there are no gates...from outside the walls of Marshmallow Mansion in Banchory.

We are here to see if there is any truth in the rumour that Mrs Rebecca Meldrum has finally decided to step back from her online career. The lady in question has not been heard from or seen since yesterday after it emerged that she screenshot a picture of someone giving the finger just after she deleted her black square on instagram. While some may have believed this was because it didn't go with her orange filtered aesthetic, it has been more widely interpreted as an insult to the BLM movement.

This is not Mrs Meldrum's first foray into racist activity. A quick google search will show that she has history in this particular area. It is claimed she apologised for what has become known as "liftgate" but the apology was more to herself than anyone she may have offended. More recently, she compared her dog's uncut and unruly coat as a "fro". This remark was hastily altered when her stupidity was pointed out to her.

It appears that she may not be able to wriggle her way out of this situation as easily. Her selling page for Tropics skincare has been deactivated after they were made aware of her actions. It is unclear at this time whether this is a ploy as another Tropic selling influencer has also deactivated her main account.

Her lapdog, sorry slave, sorry husband has issued a statement saying she has had "a tough old year" and is going to focus on "being a Mum". Incidentally her career was supposedly built on "being a Mum" so read into that what you will.
In the meantime, her facebook, twitter and two instagram accounts have been deactivated and her hardened fans are understandably bereft.

Blame is being placed entirely at the feet of "overweight" and "unemployed" "trolls" by these sheep, sorry fans (I just can't get the words out today). The fact that she is being called out by some of her former influencer colleagues should bring the focus back to Mrs Meldrum's actions.

So what happens now? Only time will tell. Her husband is rumoured to be doing a 3 week stint on a local oil rig but this remains unconfirmed. He changed his own instagram name recently so some are questioning if there is an attempt to rebrand underway.

We contacted the police but they refused to comment at this time. It has been reported that they are still searching for the 15 trolls that are responsible for Mrs Meldrum's previous 6 week social media silence.

In the meantime, superfans will be happy to know that her youtube channels can still be viewed so they will be able to see their heroine in her natural habitat. After all "youtube is her jam".

In other news, there are reports that police are looking for a missing dog that hasn't been seen on his instagram page in a few days. His pawrents were unavailable for comment.

Now to the weather: our usual Barry Baltic weatherman cannot be located but it's "fare" to say that there are storm clouds gathering over Banchory, expect some tear showers and plenty of gaslighting later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92

memberofthepublic

Chatty Member
Rebecca
If you read here, this is not the end of the world.
It is a change.
Your family will benefit from time off your main page.
Exercise. Drink plenty of water (this is not the time to go back on the booze). Engage with your girls. Get interested in what they are interested in.
This will be ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Please don't use the word "lynching". It's inappropriate and offensive.
Oh my goodness I'm really sorry that was a very bad choice of wording on my part, I genuinely didn't realise that was bad but reflecting on it now I absolutely see it. I'm still clearly still learning here to, but will always own my mistakes. Truly sorry 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
And now, the end is near
And so we face the final curtain
My friends, I'll say it clear
Whether she’s gone is still uncertain
She lives a life that’s dull
But reads here each and every weekday
And more, much more than this
She did not get her way.

Regrets, she’ll have a few
But they’re not worthy of a mention
She should do what she has to do
And apologise without exception
She’d planned a chartered course
To become a millionaire but in a sly way
But more, much more than this
She will not get her way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure she knew
When we thought this time, this time she’s through
But every time when there was doubt
The sheep ate up what she spat out
They believed it all while we stood tall
And did it our way.

We’ve loved, we’ve laughed and cried
We’ve told our truths, our tales of losing
We’ve heard a different side
And argued back without accusing.
To think we did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
Oh no, no, not us
We did it our way.

Influencers beware, mind what you have got
You think you can hide but you can not,
Stand by the things you truly feel
Respect your sheep and keep it real
The record shows, this forum grows,
Tattle’s not going away.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66

Boreoff

I’m not sure I would have said “Mrs meldrum will haunt me forever”. I would have said something like “thank you Mrs meldrum for all the opportunities you gave me and my family over the last 6 years but it’s time to be Rebecca now”.
Even if the last year has been difficult for her, her online profile has given her family things she and lee would never have been able to afford on their own so I’m not sure it’s right to say it will haunt her, seems a little dramatic/ungrateful.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Zozooy

Mrs Meldrum #88 there’s no farewell, no tropics to sell, being a racist doesn’t sit well

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
She’s had a tough year? Oh sod off Lee!
Both me and my other half have lost our jobs because of covid, my mother has had it, she nearly died, I’m in mass amount of debt and having to use food banks to feed my children. I’m one more disaster away from wanting to just disappear. I don’t think they will ever truly understand actual hardships or what it is to go through pain and suffering. I hope this is a big wake up call for them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

Peachbomb

VIP Member
Those followers are so tone deaf 🙈
I am not overweight or on the dole but THERE IS NO SHAME IN BEING EITHER.
Where is Bekind now?
Why would an overweight person or a person on benefits be more likely to be a bully?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55

Katielle13

Been lurking here for a while now. In the last year I won’t lie I’ve followed Mrs M and defended her. I thought her apology last year was enough and I continued supporting her (if it had been her that said that ‘joke’ she’d have been blocked straight away). However, after a year of trying to defend her and waiting for her to right her wrongs I don’t think I can anymore after these past few days, it’s taken me a while but my eyes are truly opened now to what kind of person she is and the deletion of her black square was the final straw for me. Now I’m annoyed at myself for wasting my energy for her over the last year! 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I would just like to apologise for my wording in an earlier post, I shouldn't have used that word. I'm learning all the time as well and I'm truly sorry 😔 I tried to go in and add this to the comment but I can't get it to work so I've reported my own comment to have it removed or perhaps an admin can add to it? It's certainly hightlit to me that I need to do more research of my own onto what words are and aren't appropriate. I'm so sorry

• Heart
Reactions: 51

montydonfc

VIP Member
Does this mean Lee will be selling Tropics now?

Pat meldrum. hole.soup.skin has quite a ring to it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 51

montydonfc

VIP Member
And that ladies & gentlemen is the real Rebecca.

only owes an explanation to those whom SHE chooses.

not to any of the people who commented on “Lee’s” post.
not to any of the people who have watched their YouTube channel for the last six years and have as such supported and provided her with a rathe comfortable influencer existence.
not to any of her followers on the tropics page who allowed her to earn £8,000 in commission during a global pandemic when a lot of households in the UK are struggling with bills/furloughed etc.
not to any of the 106,899 followers who defended, stuck up for and stood by her through each and every one of the mistakes she made.

Gosh that’s actually quite sad isn’t it. What a kick in the teeth I’d feel being a sheep if I knew all that. Knowing that I helped build and promote that persons platform, invested my time, spent my hard earned money making purchases based on things she recommended and she cannot even acknowledge or express any sort of gratitude for that.

last point in this post... Lee’s statement today, was 100% not written by Lee. The use of the ampersand throughout the text is classic of rebecca’s style of writing. I looked back at a few of Lee’s posts and didn’t find in one single one I looked at where he used & instead of and. Not one. She’s written it to perhaps appear it’s from him, but it’s definitely her.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50

Madcat

Been lurking here for a while now. In the last year I won’t lie I’ve followed Mrs M and defended her. I thought her apology last year was enough and I continued supporting her (if it had been her that said that ‘joke’ she’d have been blocked straight away). However, after a year of trying to defend her and waiting for her to right her wrongs I don’t think I can anymore after these past few days, it’s taken me a while but my eyes are truly opened now to what kind of person she is and the deletion of her black square was the final straw for me. Now I’m annoyed at myself for wasting my energy for her over the last year! 🤦‍♀️
Welcome!
She called us bastards but I've seen more care, compassion and respect on this thread than I've ever seen with Rebecca.
We're good bastards.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Zoewilliams9217

Chatty Member
Well ya bunch of bastards I’m finally caught up 😱😱

Come on Rebecca show us these trolling comments and messages you have received... give us the proof we have been asking for for years now..

I can show everyone the threatening messages I received from your personal account to mine all because I contacted a brand I used and expressed my dissatisfaction with using an influencer like yourself to promote them .... is that real trolling? (P.s. still waiting for those lawyers (still not in the USA you twat bag) to come knocking on my door despite giving you my address in my ICO complaint)
how about giving the name of someone on tattle you your 100k+ followers so they could then send threatening and down right horrible messages to her .. is that real trolling?
how about calling your youngest daughter feral, a psycho .. and all the other horrid shit you say to her on a daily basis... is that real trolling?

i could go on...

For the record I don’t think she’s gone. She’ll be back like a bad smell in a couple of weeks

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49