Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

G&TGal

Earlier today I was in a zoom meeting with some friends / business colleagues / fellow volunteers and after our meeting ended we stayed around for a general chat. We touched on how our respective businesses and organisations were moving forward and the difficulties many will face regarding adaptation of workplaces in older buildings, phasing the return of staff to accommodate their continuing childcare needs and given the financial uncertainty many families are facing, whether a couple of the more 'luxury' businesses would survive.

I have permission to share the conversation but cannot identify the business incase either of the directors of Mrs Meldrum Limited decide to dox / harass

This Scottish business is concerned in high end bespoke jewellery and rely on word of mouth recommendation as each commission is unique to the client and images of those commissions are never used for advertising as they feel that those images belong solely to the client. They also make several pieces each year which are donated to charities close to their hearts for fundraising purposes. In times of recession / financial hardship, luxury items are the first to go, so as a company they had considered (amongst other options) approaching a Scottish influencer and offer them the opportunity to work on a project over a period of a few weeks documenting the process of a client collaborating in the design of a piece of jewellery, choosing stones, metal to be used, through to manufacture of the final piece(s). I use the plural as they had thought that small inexpensive pieces could have been made in silver with gold detail for the girls and a significant piece of jewellery for the 'influencer' which they would have been able to keep. The fee to the influencer would have been small as the final piece of diamond set jewellery could have had a retail value of several thousand pounds. The project would have showcased their work and that a commission could be as small or as large as you want it to be but personal and unique.

Mrs Meldrum had been mentioned to them as an influencer in this area with a large following as well as couple of others, so a few family members and friends of the business either followed or checked in on the instagram accounts to gauge engagement / content etc and feedback their views. On one post someone had left a comment to Rebecca, not disagreeing with her but putting across a point of view to which Rebecca replied. The comment was liked by several people, one of which was one of the family members, as it related to something she is passionate about and the following day when going on to check what was new on Instagram she found that Rebecca had blocked her. This person had never commented but had 'liked' a couple of Rebecca's posts she had put up previously and this one comment, which resulted in being blocked. No engagement, just blocked.
Following on from this, the company decided to look into the online presence of Rebecca further, and of course Lees account and decided that to be associated with them could only harm their business. I listened quietly to the conversation today and 'smug' 'brash' 'entitled' 'uneducated' 'childish' and 'exploitative of their children' were all terms used to describe the Meldrums and their accounts. All these descriptive terms totally at odds with the ethos of the company that were looking to potentially collaborate with them.

A decision has been made that they will instead put that budget towards making and donating five pieces of jewellery for charitable purposes and those charities today were identified and contacted.

In so many of the threads on here, we read about or discuss brands and products that Rebecca or Lee have promoted / advertised / affiliate linked and the fallout / tantrums when sometimes they make a complete balls up through ill thought out posts, inconsistent information and inappropriate behaviour such as the two finger, middle finger, no f*cks given attitude. What we do not know about are those companies and individuals who do their research and decide against even making contact. Rebecca rails about the 'trolls' 'losers' and 'jealous' individuals who have caused contracts to potentially be ended prematurely but does she ever think about the business she has never gained because of her attitude, poor judgement and behaviour. This is the second 'bespoke' collaboration that I know of that did not proceed any further than the investigative stage, surely there must be dozens more.

• Heart
Reactions: 87

Tartanlass

Chatty Member
I think we are building to a sobbing Becs upset that everything she does is under scrutiny.

I’m not Very comfortable with a new title referring to Black lives Matter. It feels like trivialising something really important.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

2020two

Chatty Member
Rebecca I am addressing this to you as professional advice - I really think it would be best for you and your children if you just deleted social media. Admit that you had a "good" run making money out of your children but enough is enough. Downsize from murder mansion if you can't afford it, get an ordinary little job to support your family and live a normal happy family life. It's never going to get better Rebecca, you failed to properly apologise for your actions and people are never going to forget them. You will always be questioned now and so will Clemmie (MOD). This isn't healthy for you anymore, your eldest daughter looks dead behind the eyes and it hurts my heart as a psychologist to see a child who so clearly has problems being ignored and forced to perform for a camera. I can see you having a serious mental breakdown in the future.

For your own mental health and your children's, admit you fucked up and are going to take a step away from a career which so clearly does not suit you. Move on, reflect on your past behaviour and learn from your mistakes. Is the money seriously worth this? Are the free clothes worth it? Are you happy? You can fade into the background, you will be forgotten and your life can continue happily. People change careers all the time, you are not stuck in this box. This needs to stop Rebecca before you or your children need serious long lasting help with their mental health.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52

montydonfc

VIP Member
Suggesrion“Cares more about MLM and her own dewy skin, let shitshow 87 now begin!”

trying to not include reference to BLM as it really plays down the importance of the message imo xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

HopTop

I cannot handle these you tube, insta flogger mummy fuckers today. All the hash tags about anti racism, black lives matter, educating themselves about their white privilege. You had a chance to join the fucking conversation when Mrs Rebecca fucking Meldrum included racist content and gave no fucks about it. Where were they then? Welcome to the conversation fuckers. Now that you have a bandwagon to jump on because it's a trend you can jump on. If you really cared, and I mean really cared, you'd have spoken up before. But now you all stand together shouting from the rooftops for clicks and followers. You could say you have safety in numbers. The irony is if you were black, that same safety in numbers mentality could get you killed.

What the fuck have we become? What sort of society are we living in?

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Peachbomb

VIP Member
“I usually just wear these sunglasses for our ski holidays.”

soooo, just that one time then?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Lee will be getting a wee chufty at all the garden speculation....! You can’t polish a turd, no amount of landscaping will take away from the fact that the house is morbidly depressing and that it’s nothing but a millstone around their necks that they clearly can not afford to maintain and will never be able to sell.

YA BELTER OF A PEACH!!!
Indeed. Oooooooh they’re getting a bit of gravel and a playhouse. I’m so jel. Look at all the tattle bastards getting jelly beggy. Get me a mad dog to celebrate.

sadly won’t change the history, nor the layout, nor the rust stains on the outside of the marshmallow mansion, nor the delightful battenburg paving, nor dumb and dumber who reside there. Shame.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Kaywree

Someone has accused FQ of lynching Meldrum, these people are actually fucking nuts. Boring, dramatic, pointless social media presences with a misplaced self importance complex. Worldwide outrage of black people being ACTUALLY lynched/murdered continuously in the USA and they are outraged that this princess has been called out for her ignorant racist behaviour online.
THATS NOT LYNCHING YOU FUCKING SUPER CUNT.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

Calmasyoulike

I’ll tell you what’s really irritating me just now is the sheer amount of influencers that have posted about George Floyd today and how staying silent makes you as racist as the animals that attack POC. Yet every one of these influencers found nothing wrong with what the Meldrums said about the KKK that day in the lift. In fact correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t every single one of them remain silent during the whole debacle so does that mean Louise Pentland, Kerry Conway and Rebecca Lamb to name a few took the side of the oppressor and remained silent on the subject. ls it because the Meldrums were their friends. Or was it because it was “just a joke” 🙄 It annoys me that because a poor man was subjected to a brutal attack and murdered due to the colour of his skin suddenly they are all PC and woke and jump on the anti-racism bandwagon. In this day and age the fact we need to state that any lives matter black or otherwise just to look PC is disgusting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Calmasyoulike

Lee’s square is still on his page. Anyone find this odd?
Nah cause Lee is an out an out fanny! He’s the type of man who says “you do it first darling see what happens”. If she had been heaped with praise for removing hers then you can bet your arse he would have followed suit. He’s not a man he’s a twat on legs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Blockedbyadmin

VIP Member
So many saying they feel sorry for Rebegger. That they think the girls are the ones to miss out as they have to provide for them.

Those girls want for nothing. The meldrums put themselves in that house. Everything they’ve done and finance needs is done and created by them. No one has done this to them.

I don’t feel one inch sorry for someone whose fucked up more times than I’ve had hot dinners.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Motherthreebeige

VIP Member
If they’re getting a gifted kids playhouse I will seriously crack the shits. If a company wants to gift that, gift it to a family that has lost a parent in this crisis or the like.
And no I’m not a jealous loser. My backyard is 73 acres of beautiful private bush and my Australian husband who has surfed every day of his life nearly and is 53, looks younger than Pat

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33