Mrs Meldrum #86 Cycling around with our chummies, flaunting lockdown like Dominic Cummings

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought of Rebecca when I saw this! After the tit storm when her YouTube video went up last year, you would really hope that she had learnt from it. I can’t believe her total lack of ignorance. She knows her racism from last year is still an issue otherwise she wouldn’t have disabled the comments. She’s a fool.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m not defending her but I don’t think she could have done anything right today, if she had stayed silent, if she had said something if she has posted the blackout picture and she would have been criticised by someone. Even if she had used it to properly apologise or say it had made her think like some suggested I think there still would have been people criticising her for using it to bring it back to her.

Reactions: 13
I’m not defending her but I don’t think she could have done anything right today, if she had stayed silent, if she had said something if she has posted the blackout picture and she would have been criticised by someone. Even if she had used it to properly apologise or say it had made her think like some suggested I think there still would have been people criticising her for using it to bring it back to her.
I don’t believe this for a second. If she did a post, a live or a YouTube video addressing her mistakes, what she’s learnt, how she did it and how she’s going to carry on bettering herself, I would honestly respect her for that. It’s not an easy thing to do.

And of course she’s going to be criticised. She gets paid to “influence” people and if you behave in a racist manner, people aren’t going to forget. And why should they?

Remove the racism and insert homophobic “jokes.” Would people be so forgiving?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree she still would have been criticised, but I know that it would have changed my opinion on her, looking at yourself and your actions in a reflective manner is extremely different and humbling and I respect anyone who can

I kind of get what you are saying and to an extent I do agree and the reason I agree is that she would have made it all about her which isn’t the point of all this. She couldn’t even use the hashtag or allow any comments on her already comments limited account because she knows she would have received backlash because she has never learned her lesson or attempted to right her wrongs. Instead she jumped on the bandwagon in her own half arsed, half baked way. Today will have been used to create some content for their vlog tomorrow I’ve no doubt and tomorrow she will be right back to her usual hi guys just washing my face with 956 different products and life will be right back to normal for her. Don’t get me wrong she won’t be the only one, all these insta sham mums will be the same and that’s really whats bloody wrong with the world.

Reactions: 9
I cannot handle these you tube, insta flogger mummy fuckers today. All the hash tags about anti racism, black lives matter, educating themselves about their white privilege. You had a chance to join the bleeping conversation when Mrs Rebecca bleeping Meldrum included racist content and gave no fucks about it. Where were they then? Welcome to the conversation fuckers. Now that you have a bandwagon to jump on because it's a trend you can jump on. If you really cared, and I mean really cared, you'd have spoken up before. But now you all stand together shouting from the rooftops for clicks and followers. You could say you have safety in numbers. The irony is if you were black, that same safety in numbers mentality could get you killed.

What the duck have we become? What sort of society are we living in?

• Heart
Reactions: 44
So tropic say they’ve been working with her to educate her on these issues?! I’d like to see any evidence of that because she certainly hasn’t shown it on her socials!

Perhaps the rest of the sm world needs to hold her accountable like they all keep saying that’s what people need to do - put their money where their mouth is

Reactions: 9
They've all missed the point in the black square. Don't just put up a black square and pop of to bake your banana bread a drink a can pimms. They're supposed to be putting a pause on their own content to use their platform to share resources that will educate and flood social media with it. Not have black squares all over it and that's it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Surprised Lee has left his comments on - i do wonder how long it will take before someone leaves a comment regarding all the casual racism his wife posts and then deletes
And him, in an old vlog he put on an accent because they were getting Indian food that night, in fact I’m sure Grabby actually said ‘ that’s a bit racist isn’t it’

Tropics reply
Won’t ever buy from them then!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She couldn't do anything right today but turning off comments and not using the # makes this gesture pointless and proves her original statement of 'Zero Fucks Given'.

She could have done something a year ago. She couldn't be arsed, she thought she was above it and her actions to try and clear up her mess make it 100 times worse.

I cannot handle these you tube, insta flogger mummy fuckers today. All the hash tags about anti racism, black lives matter, educating themselves about their white privilege. You had a chance to join the bleeping conversation when Mrs Rebecca bleeping Meldrum included racist content and gave no fucks about it. Where were they then? Welcome to the conversation fuckers. Now that you have a bandwagon to jump on because it's a trend you can jump on. If you really cared, and I mean really cared, you'd have spoken up before. But now you all stand together shouting from the rooftops for clicks and followers. You could say you have safety in numbers. The irony is if you were black, that same safety in numbers mentality could get you killed.

What the duck have we become? What sort of society are we living in?
Yup! 👏👏👏 See my post on the Jess Avey thread. The disingenuous virtual signalling has me fuming today.

Reactions: 5
She couldn't do anything right today but turning off comments and not using the # makes this gesture pointless and proves her original statement of 'Zero Fucks Given'.

She could have done something a year ago. She couldn't be arsed, she thought she was above it and her actions to try and clear up her mess make it 100 times worse.
whilst I understand her not having comments she would have done better by addressing her previous racist behaviour and her white privilege. Not just jumping on the bandwagon to save face

She is a joke posting the blacked out of post today , she of all people is the reason for what’s wrong with the world

Reactions: 6
I do kind of agree that whatever she did today would have been criticised however that is her job and what she gets paid to do, it has really pissed me off that she has jumped on the bandwagon and shared a meaningless black square without any reflection to how she has previously behaved. In my opinion her “fro” comment was by far the most offensive and the way she dealt with it is absolutely unforgivable, the comment was deleted and the person was probably blocked for correcting her - the way she just edited it without any apology is utterly appalling. I REALLY hope she learns something from all of this

Reactions: 11
whilst I understand her not having comments she would have done better by addressing her previous racist behaviour and her white privilege. Not just jumping on the bandwagon to save face
Or just by not posting anything at all.

We know she doesn't give a duck about addressing racism. So she could avoid being offensive yet again by pretending to care for the sake of appearances.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If Tropic really are anti racist they should have no problem is sharing the resources they and Rebecca have used to educate themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.