Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Ok guys, so I asked my partner if I could put some Laura stories on here and he said I could as long as it wasn’t traceable back to him. So he’s edited them but here goes!

First story!
I met Laura at a party about 4 years ago. I was chatting to Iain at the bar, he’s very friendly, I had met him about 5 or 6 times at this point. Laura came over and was like umm hello?! hands on hips, weird, stroppy vibe at Iain and I. I was polite, said hello and Iain introduced me. Iain says this is *blank*, she is *blank’s* partner. Laura is immediately a different woman, smiley, all fake compliments ‘gosh you’re so stunning! Iain don’t look at her, don’t want you running off on me blah blah.’ I mean, I’m not an ogre but I’m certainly not a supermodel, was all a bit OTT

Iain orders some drinks and she says ‘so what do you do?!’ all very charming, smiley, hand on my arm. I don’t work in media so I say what I do and the whole act drops. She turns to Iain and right in front of me says ‘why are you wasting time with her, this is prime networking for us.’ There were a lot of media industry people at the party. I tell you I’ve never been so shocked in my life! Later that night I was going to the loos and she let the loo door go as I was walking towards it, nearly hit me in the face, proper mean girl crap!

Second story!
Iain had quite a big comedy gig in London and my partner and I attended. We went backstage and had drinks. Saw Iain, said congrats, he was really humble and sweet about it, said he was nervous etc. Laura wasn’t there and I heard a few people asking Iain where she was. About an hour later she turned up, really overdressed considering it was just drinks - sequin mini dress, shit loads of makeup. I noticed her speaking to some people but never saw her go over and speak to Iain, let alone congratulate him. The next day my partner told me he had had his usual catch up with Iain and he had told him that she had only come because she found out there were ITV execs there and she wanted to network. Was probably less than 6 months before Caroline Flack died, can’t remember exact dates though

I have loads of these by the way, let me know if you would like more 🥴

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 128

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
An excellent contrast in entertainment news tonight. It turns out Jimmy Carr has a 2 year old son. It’s been rumoured for ages, there were speculative stories at the time that his partner was pregnant. They didn’t address them, they didn’t feel the need, they’ve gone about their private lives privately.

Jimmy Carr is a much bigger name and much bigger star than Laura Whitmore.

Jimmy Carr might well have been unhappy with press intrusion at the time. The way he and his partner dealt with it was to stay private with it. He is on tv WAY more than Whitmore. Yet his private life stayed private.

Maybe it’s because he didn’t feel the need to post photos of his babies feet every week. Or drop subtle shots of the babies passport. Or mention it’s feeding regime. Or his routine as a new father.

Maybe he just wanted privacy, so he stayed private about it. Just like Adele, just like countless other much bigger names than The Whitmore.

Moral of the story - if you want privacy, you can have it. If you crave the oxygen of constant attention and publicity, privacy is one of the things you lose - because you gave it away yourself, to feed your ego.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I’ve met Laura loads of times - my partner works with Iain a lot. Iain is lovely, really down to the earth, always remembers things and will follow up next time I’ve seen him, very generous. He comes across as a bloke he wants to drink, have a laugh and play fifa.

Laura on the other hand… I won’t go into specifics because I don’t want to be too identifiable and my partner to get into any shit but put it this way, in our house she’s known as ‘cuntylocks’ 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
A friend of mine, although not famous but due to her line of work is part of the v close knit north london media lovvie group - daisy lowe, ashley roberts, nick grimsaw etc. She was very close with Caroline, and she told me Laura is an absolute horror in real life. She totally love bombed my friend to try and get in with the group, then once she was 'in' they eventually realised she was making up rumours to try and turn people against each other so she could be queen bee. Apparently Iain can come across badly at first as he is v socially anxious but once you get to know him he is a real sweetheart. She told me Caroline was very very wary of Laura, she never trusted her - and was heartbroken when Laura got the LI gig, as soon as Laura heard about what Caroline was going through her team aggressively pitched for her to take the role. Caroline was made by ITV to put out the statement saying she was happy for Laura to take the job but she was devastated and felt so betrayed - not so much by Laura as she never really liked her but more by Iain as she considered him a real friend. It's just so sad really.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

MuthaCuppa

73408CAE-1868-4A05-B27F-1E9806B759DC.jpeg
Is she taking the piss? She’s hardly been there this season. How does she think the rest of us mere mortals cope with full time jobs on a tiny % of what she’s just raked in for a few appearances at the villa and a one hour show each week?! Also “media intrusion” 🤣 what a prick.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Very quick one - partner is asleep but this one doesn’t need any redacting 😂

Iain told my partner the baby had been born and the name, they were on FaceTime, showed him the baby etc - Laura rang him later that night and said she was sending over an NDA, didn’t want any information being leaked because there was a planned announcement. Partner literally told her to fuck off. Iain sent over some cookies saying she was ‘hormonal and very sorry.’ Cookies were delicious though!

Also I have on very good authority from double sources, partner and friend who works for channel 4, they were sacked from celeb gogglebox because Laura had kicked off they didn’t get much screen time - an email was sent round saying that they didn’t get much screen time because they were boring as sin ☠

I'd love love to know what other comedians opinion on the Whitmore??
I’ve been at parties with her and a lot of comedians - very little interaction unless they are big ones e.g. Ed Gamble, James Acaster, anyone on telly

Most comedians are pretty normal or have self esteem issues so someone like Laura is really jarring. I did have a chat with one pretty famous comedian who referred to her as “the little gremlin” and kept pretending to spill his drink near her, “don’t feed her after midnight!”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
Didn't know she had a thread. She is a well known class A cunt in Dublin.

She knows two of my cousins. One from college, who sees her the odd time still at a wedding or college catch up if she's in dublin and Christmas. She was once in my cousins bathroom for over an hour when they where in college ( uni for brits) and my cousin presumed she had the shits lol. And she had gone through all her makeup in my cousins bathroom and showed her all the pics and had tried on over 10 different lipsticks to get a good selfie 🤣🤢🤢🤢

They had a close nit gang in college and Laura slept with one of the girls fellas. My cousin unfortunately has no back bone and will say hey when she sees her. If it was me I'd give her a good talking to.

She also knows my older cousin through RTE and being "celebs" in ireland. It was his 40th last October. We where going back into lockdown around his birthday so had a small gathering of like 12 of us at his place. I stayed at his to help out for a few weeks as I was off work and we had an unwell family member so stayed in his place with her.. He showed me a text one night that she sent him.. she asked why she wasn't invited to his 40th and if he had had a party 🤣. He posted nothing about it as it was strictly a tiny family gathering 🤣 She kept asking what he did for his 40th and he was like just a family meal and she was like oh is that it? 👀🤣 Tbh I always thought she fancied him and it was all a bit odd.

Her fake accent drives me up the wall. I've met her a few times and she's the type of yolk to not introduce herself to ya. She waits for someone to go omg youre yer one off the telly 🙄

@loopyboopy all completely accurate. At my cousins wedding me and my brother noted the only people she spoke to at the wedding worked for the media 🤣🤣🤣🤣 a greedy snob she is.

She told me I could be on TV if I wasn't almost 6 foot. Lol. Needs more exposure of how horrible she is. Wannabe d4 🤣

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
I think Rylan should host it. He was brilliant on big brothers bit on the side. He has a great personality, great chat & is very warm. He also used to pull contestants on things when they went on & he was brilliant with the studio audience. He would be well suited to it. Laura has to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
She’s not that liked in Ireland because Irish people can’t relate to her. Irish people, for the most part, don’t take ourselves too seriously. We enjoy ripping the piss out of ourselves and others, it’s like it’s in our DNA to be self deprecating and a bit “oh sure this old thing? The state of me”. I don’t know what happened to Laura but for all her (fake) Oirosh pride, she is the antithesis of the so called Irish charm. She is arrogant, too big for her boots, believes her own hype, takes herself to seriously and has a massive, massive chip on her shoulder.

Since Caroline died she has waged a war with the media and seems to blame them for running her into the ground and mistreating her so badly she took her own life. But fails to look inward and question how Caroline must have felt when someone she considered a friend took her job with such glee when she was at the lowest point of her life, and danced on a bed with happiness at having secured the position. I know that a betrayal from a friend would affect me far more than what any gutter rag could muster up about me.

Some introspection and self awareness as to how she comes across and how she responds to situations is needed, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I also found out what the catalyst was for that group realising how toxic she is was! Apparently at Nick Grimshaws birthday party, she announced to everyone that Daisy Lowe (who is bisexual but wasn't 'out' at that point) tried it on with her in the toilets. Made out like Daisy assaulted her. It was an absolute lie, Daisy was devastated both for having her sexuality outed and also for the accusation, luckily for her one of their other friends had been with Daisy in the loo at the time. Daisy is basically the queen bee of that group (Apparently she's absolutely lovely) so Laura seemingly wanted to take her down. Absolute horror!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 53

Okgolightly

VIP Member
Hi Laura 👋🏼 I had a planned c section due to trauma from CSA and then shockingly I bottle feed my daughter rather than 'exclusively breastfeeding' bc I want to! And do you know what? Neither of our daughters are better than the other and you are not a better mother than me or any of the other millions of women around the world who do things differently from you. The majority of mothers also work more than making 3 appearances over a what 2 month period? Get some perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Elle_Gee

And like all her other birthday, wedding,bar mitzvah and death tribute photos on IG she has to include herself. That one of herself and Sarah Harding (RIP) must have been taken about 10 years ago. Can picture her scrolling through her photos for the past few hours, "i know there's one of me with her somewhere"

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 45