Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CashTim

A quick recap of the walking contradiction that is "the whitmore"

* Promotes ethically sourced fashion
- Is the face of Primark who have extremely dubious links to slave labour

* Champions human rights issues
- promotes products by Nintendo who have links to Chinese slave labour

* Uses the slogan "believe women"
- follows and is followed by Eoghan McDermott who, if women are to be believed is guilty of abuse

* Says she was close friends with Caroline Flack
- did not hesitate in gloating the fact that she took her job whole she was at her lowest ebb
- danced the night away at the Brit awards and documented it on her Instagram TWO days after Caroline passed

Another thing that is telling is the people who don't follow her on Instagram. Namely Caroline's close friend Georgia May Foote and successful Irish women like Sharon Horgan and Aisling Bea.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
She never really bothered me up until she got pregnant and she was appearing half naked with her bump hanging out in photo shoots while also demanding privacy. Well no that’s not true, she first struck me as someone who isn’t right when she arrived in South Africa for love island and was dancing on a bed with glee while Caroline was suicidal and going through absolute hell. Then literally days after Caroline died she got all dressed up to go to some event and was dancing all over her insta stories, pouting posing preening, all while saying she was devastated at her passing; I found that so so crass and just disgraceful tbh. Then there was the whole plugging the British army thing, the Primark “sustainability” thing, her book fiasco, and calling out that journalist - none of which she ever climbed down from after being told she was wrong and inappropriate. She is as arrogant as they come and I’d say never thinks she is in the wrong. She should re-release a book and call it “nobody can ruin your own life except for you. A memoir on how not to act when you are handed it all on a plate and have no talent”

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

ohjaysus

It’s the “how are yas?” that does it for me. I don’t know anyone who says that? She definitely over eggs the accent, imo. Smacks of being a plastic paddy

Any chance we could start a petition to get “your wan off the telly”
😁😆
Hahaha not sure but certainly a befitting new thread title ‘Laura Whitmore: get yer one off the telly”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Whats_my_name_again

She hasn't got a fucking clue. Try working through a pandemic with 3 kids all needing to be homeschooled, a partner losing their job and wondering how they hell they'll get through, looking after my mental health which has nosedived from the pressure, as well as making sure my kids mental health is ok through this shitty time. Her post absolutely has me raging. Oh and hey Laura, my women's health physio sessions for my non existent pelvic floor had to stop due to covid so I'm still pissing myself. But you crack on love, my heart bleeds.

• Heart
  • Sad

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
Seriously who else on this planet gives themselves a nickname then uses it constantly. As much as I hate the tabloids, I've never seen anyone take them on and win. Also love the subtle bringing in of Caroline's suicide in her post. Proper classy. As much as I hate cancel culture, for the Whitmore, I've got my cosy seat, a nice hot drink and chocolate snacks and am ready

• Heart
Re: racism I don’t think anyone believes she’s fronting ITV’s splinter cell of the EDL, but she’s been rightly called out for being a performative ally for posting a BLM grid square but when called out by black women about the show’s treatment of black contestants she shrugs her shoulders and goes lol soz not my decision xo as if that’s enough? The whole point is we need to actively call this shit out and challenge it, not just say 🤷🏻‍♀️ that’s the seating plan girlies x

• Heart

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
This whole “good friend of Caroline” is bs. She wasn’t in the documentary about her life, she didn’t partake in the charity trek or even publicise it, she willingly stepped into this role during the hardest time in Caroline’s life and gloated all the way to the villa. They were in the same industry so at a lot of the same events over the years, stands to reason they’d be photographed together a few times, Whitmore loves a photo op. I’d love to hear what Flack’s actual friends have to say about her.
They were acquaintances, is how I would put it, basically. I work in media (of sorts) and it was well known that Carolines circle of friends in London was particularly toxic, they attracted the usual hangers on (Nick Grimshaw, Pixie Lott, Daisy Lowe etc) - Whitmore was in that circle off and on, when it suited her profile or when it was an industry do with photographers. Caroline was actually very close with Georgia Foote and obviously Dawn Porter who were/are genuinely lovely by all accounts, but Laura didn't really ever have any showbiz friends, she was the one that you bumped into at the industry parties, as she was placed there by her infamous management team. It's telling that the people that always support her in her comments are rent-a-pals like Ashley James and co.

Interestingly, Louise Redknapp joined Flacks gang of hangers on briefly (during and after Strictly), and shortly afterward her marriage ended and she 'suffered an injury' meaning her theatre gig was shelved too. It's not a coincidence at all - they are bad news, and its no surprise leeches like Lewis Burton ended up in Carolines life, unfortunately. She was certainly not an angel, they were all heavily into the obvious recreational activities and were big drinkers regularly, but she was just a bit lost in the middle of a whirlwind, it seemed.

The narrative that she somehow handed the baton to her friend Laura is complete bullshit though.

• Sad
Reactions: 41

IndominusRex

VIP Member
Caroline would not have put Mary in the position of explaining why she’d called things off knowing after she’d said about her gran. She’d have asked Millie if her dad had given Liam a warning to treat her right. She’d have told Abi and Dale that they’re perfect for each other. And then she’d have got pissed with Chloe at the after party.
Laura just screeched ‘it’s so awkward’ 73 times.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Been reading about complaints flooding in because of the question Laura asked Lillie about grealish liking her bikini pic.
People are saying she's a hypocrite complaining about press intrusion and privacy issues but it's okay for her to piss and shit all over jack's girlfriend's privacy and how hurtful, disrespectful and embarrassing it must be for her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Iain can’t say a thing now because he’s married to the patron saint of taking offence. It’s suicide for his career, because comedy is a career where you need the freedom to make fun of literally everyone and anything around you. But being married to that woke joke has shot himself in the foot because she’s constantly in the papers giving out and feeling hard done by, so he can hardly start ripping people a new one which is probably what he would like to be doing; and his “comedy” has suffered all the more for it

• Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 16.56.38.png

"I've been asked by ITV," translation: "I screamed at someone down the phone to sort this out as you're all doing my fucking head in, #BEKIND."

• Haha