Laura Whitmore #3 As dry as a crisp sandwich on brown bread with no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blimey, I'm just looking at news stories about Laura, she has really upset some journalists in her time, they're all out for her. They're also choosing unflattering thumbnails. Guess the adage about being nice to people on the way up still stands
The funny thing is, when her LI career ends and all the presenting gigs stop coming in, she *should* have had her journalism degree to fall back on. But she has burned so many bridges in that industry now and she seems to be severely disliked there that I can’t see her securing a job in that field either. She really has shot herself in the foot with her bad attitude. She is a bad presenter with little skill and talent, she can’t get away with acting like billy big balls as if she is some kind of a lister. She should have been thanking the sun moon and stars anyone was ever even interested in her boring arse in the first place

Reactions: 16
Seeing Georgia just shows how terrible the production was. She was an asset but had no chance with no amnesty and newbies getting voted off by settled in Islanders. Hugo and Sharon in there at all let alone as originals. Faye being in there with a bunch of cowards no one with the guts or even ability to put her in her place when she kicked off.
Georgia did for free what poached egg eyes chicken legs couldn't do for hundreds of thousands. Oh the shame for yer wan off da telly

Reactions: 14
What the hell is up with that picture of her pout and the babies arm? She is so embarrassing

Reactions: 4
interesting... https://thetab.com/uk/2021/09/06/lo...8GrJNU5pmJMP6Q02xLVJp5DI#Echobox=1630926635-1

And as an interesting follow up 'All the Islanders who have been salty about the Love Island 2021 reunion' - https://thetab.com/uk/2021/09/07/islanders-respond-love-island-2021-reunion-221970

ITV really do have a lot of work to do revamping ahead of next year if they want to keep viewers engaged

Reactions: 6
interesting... https://thetab.com/uk/2021/09/06/lo...8GrJNU5pmJMP6Q02xLVJp5DI#Echobox=1630926635-1

And as an interesting follow up 'All the Islanders who have been salty about the Love Island 2021 reunion' - https://thetab.com/uk/2021/09/07/islanders-respond-love-island-2021-reunion-221970

ITV really do have a lot of work to do revamping ahead of next year if they want to keep viewers engaged
The funniest part of this is the fact that Laura was all “iF u CoMe fOr tHe iSlAnDeRs I wILl cAll u OuT” completely oblivious to the fact that it was also the islanders who were slating her and her tit attempt at presenting 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Laura saying she would call them out.
Look in the mirror love. You'll have to call yourself out then🤪🤪🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No one’s calling the LI contestants out love. They’re calling you out for your woeful presenting, total lack of self awareness and hypocrisy and failure to carry “the biggest show on the telly”.

I think she knows her cards are up. That’s why she’s attempting a last ditch effort to come across as a bad-ass girl boss who “calls out bs” and “looks out for the islanders”. She never gave a sh1t about them, this was solely a chance for her to hit the big time on the fame ladder. Sadly she’s gotten so big for her boots she’s lost sight of the fact that it’s the “people below her” that can bring her down i.e the general public and the press. She’s alienated them and now she’s it’s coming back to bite her.

Reactions: 19
Thing is Caroline made it look effortless. Tbh watching CF at the time made me think anyone could do her job - Laura has spectacularly proved otherwise. I bet Laura thought it would be dead easy too. But she just has no warmth whatsoever, no interest and also appears judgy. Apart from when it counts and she should've been judgy ie with Faye.

Reactions: 26
Yes Caroline was so warm and actually protective of the islanders without having to post ridiculous things like ‘if you come for the islanders I’ll call you out’. After she sadly passed away so many previous islanders spoke about great advice she gave them and how she would dm them and check on how they were. Laura would never do that!

Reactions: 21
They (herself and man child Iain) likely see themselves as the next Eamonn and Ruth. But have f#cked that up now with them being so uptight about the baby etc. You have to have some kind of warmth to present those morning magazine shows.

She’ll shuffle into run of the mill tv and turn into a Nicki Campbell type presenter.
Kick the can on the radio live 5 show until they give her a bbc R2 slot. Etc etc

Seriously needs to to taken off any ITV2 Stuff sharpish. Doesn’t have the personality or presenting style for those shows anymore.

Her manager is such a plonker clearly.

Reactions: 22
She’s not that liked in Ireland because Irish people can’t relate to her. Irish people, for the most part, don’t take ourselves too seriously. We enjoy ripping the piss out of ourselves and others, it’s like it’s in our DNA to be self deprecating and a bit “oh sure this old thing? The state of me”. I don’t know what happened to Laura but for all her (fake) Oirosh pride, she is the antithesis of the so called Irish charm. She is arrogant, too big for her boots, believes her own hype, takes herself to seriously and has a massive, massive chip on her shoulder.

Since Caroline died she has waged a war with the media and seems to blame them for running her into the ground and mistreating her so badly she took her own life. But fails to look inward and question how Caroline must have felt when someone she considered a friend took her job with such glee when she was at the lowest point of her life, and danced on a bed with happiness at having secured the position. I know that a betrayal from a friend would affect me far more than what any gutter rag could muster up about me.

Some introspection and self awareness as to how she comes across and how she responds to situations is needed, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
She’s taken to posting positive feedback 🙄 Desperate, I’m actually scarlet for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The documentary on Caroline's life sheds a lot of light on to her mental state. They interviewed her actual friends and family and it was all so genuine. Laura is just not likeable. She looks like the type to distance herself just to get a leg up in her career and takes herself far to seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The documentary on Caroline's life sheds a lot of light on to her mental state. They interviewed her actual friends and family and it was all so genuine. Laura is just not likeable. She looks like the type to distance herself just to get a leg up in her career and takes herself far to seriously.
It really did. As sad as it is to say, Caroline was just not long for this world. She struggled from an early age with her mental state and if it wasn’t the assault conviction that tipped her over the edge, it would have been something else. She was a fragile soul. Even her mother said she would dread news of relationship break ups because Caroline would spiral. So Laura can blame trolls and the media and whoever else for the fact Caroline is no longer here, but those close to her seem to almost accept that this is always the way it was going to be. She was too fragile for this world. I do not agree with what she did and if what is being reported is true then being arrested was the right thing to have happen, but she needed support in that time. Not fake friends who trampled on her to get to the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The problem is Laura got handed everything so easy in her life up to now and her ego just grew and grew. You kind of learn from getting knocked back a few times and it makes people more humble. Not counting on it but i'd hope for her own sake that she can learn something from this and become more humble

Reactions: 10
That picture of her and the baby.
Sorry but who does that stupid open mouth pose with a baby ? Is she trying to look sexy while holding a baby. I’m bemused buy what she’s trying to achieve
I used to like Laura until I saw what a cow she was on Strictly. I remember Marian Keys saying much the same on Twitter. About how she wanted to root for the Irish girl but she’d taken a dislike against her.
she is the onlyperson who has done the show to whinge and moan after it ( I think )

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 16.56.38.png

"I've been asked by ITV," translation: "I screamed at someone down the phone to sort this out as you're all doing my bleeping head in, #BEKIND."

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.