Laura Whitmore #3 As dry as a crisp sandwich on brown bread with no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hasn't got a bleeping clue. Try working through a pandemic with 3 kids all needing to be homeschooled, a partner losing their job and wondering how they hell they'll get through, looking after my mental health which has nosedived from the pressure, as well as making sure my kids mental health is ok through this crappy time. Her post absolutely has me raging. Oh and hey Laura, my women's health physio sessions for my non existent pelvic floor had to stop due to covid so I'm still pissing myself. But you crack on love, my heart bleeds.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Bet she’s knackered. This is the most work she’s had to do in 3 months! Bless her.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I've just tuned in to Love Island for the first time this year 😆 No idea who these people are, but forgot that Laura's voice goes through you like a pneumatic drill, jeepers it's just SO annoying.

Reactions: 10
No charisma or connection with any of the contestants, over-pronounces everything and over-performs her terrible script like she’s in a pantomime. And the quasi British accent with a hammed up few token Oirish words every sentence gives me a headache. Also, why does she pronounce “want/wanted” as “wunt/wunted”, bizarre quirk there and definitely not irish

Reactions: 17
She wasn't good - that money bit at the end was cringe worthy. And what was with the outfit she was wearing?! Jewelled boob outline was very distracting.

Reactions: 14
No charisma or connection with any of the contestants, over-pronounces everything and over-performs her terrible script like she’s in a pantomime. And the quasi British accent with a hammed up few token Oirish words every sentence gives me a headache. Also, why does she pronounce “want/wanted” as “wunt/wunted”, bizarre quirk there and definitely not irish
She's from Bray I think and a lot of people from around that way (north Wicklow, south Dub) would round their A like that. Some might say on purpose to sound posher...

Reactions: 6
Saw this comment under her cringeworthy Instagram post 😂

Wonder if she’ll do one of her infamous ‘clap backs’

4EAB4B01-F590-4B94-B7EF-27429A8B4D1B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Twitter tonight is a strong case for Miss Laurs speaking a little too soon in her G post... you most definitely can't do it all ... take a break and spend time with your baby before you embarrass yourself any further ... and all just for the fame, money and ego ... so pathetic

Reactions: 14
Boy that final was so painful to watch. Awful, awful presenting.
Really was dire. I was hoping she'd take Faye to task even slightly for her hideous behaviour but Whitmore doesn't even care. Just going through the motions. The envelope thing was so muddled and she didn't make things any clearer. Her delivery really is awful, she just pouts and gurns her face instead of connecting with the camera, the audience, the contestants, anything! On Aftersun last night the script had all these cheesily obvious puns but Laura just rushed through all her lines, the delivery was so flat and humourless. I mean if she doesn't enjoy what she has to say why should the audience?

Reactions: 25
Hi Laura 👋🏼 I had a planned c section due to trauma from CSA and then shockingly I bottle feed my daughter rather than 'exclusively breastfeeding' bc I want to! And do you know what? Neither of our daughters are better than the other and you are not a better mother than me or any of the other millions of women around the world who do things differently from you. The majority of mothers also work more than making 3 appearances over a what 2 month period? Get some perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Laura was so awkward last night. I can imagine trying to get people to the right place on stage on live TV is difficult.

But the difference between her barking “NO STAND HERE” and a good presenter saying something like “come and stand next to me” was startling. I was aware she was stressed, it really showed.

The fake smiles disappeared again when Millie wasn’t opening the envelope quick enough, so Laura essentially yelled at her to hurry up.

Shes shite!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I watched the most recent after sun and my god it was cringe inducing from start to finish.

They started with a weird sketch with the panel and the islanders, it was awful. Laura is so stiff and takes herself too seriously to carry something like that off.

When chatting with the panel or former islanders a lot of what she said didn’t flow from what they said. She’s always waiting to deliver her next scripted line regardless what the other person says.

and then at the end she cut the show off after just starting a new segment?! It was bizarre and jarring. Not a consummate professional. I imagine she plays the blame game a lot with the producers & runners. Forever either the victim or the hero.

eta: also you can see her shitting it as soon as she has to ask any vaguely difficult or awkward questions and then rushing through their answer back to safe territory. No follow up questions and letting everyone off the hook. But not really any compassion shown either?! Get out of the kitchen if you can’t handle the heat.

Reactions: 18
Had to come straight here after being shown her post on Instagram. FFS I don't follow her for a reason, stupid algorithm.
Amazingly tone deaf for a job that's hardly full time and not exactly world changing. Anyone would think she'd cured cancer. Just another opportunity to throw in the breast feeding thing. Toe curlingly cringe. I cannot stand her self absorption.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.