Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bubblegumblades

Chatty Member
A cast like that has to be sawn off, they use a special mini circular saw with a flexible blade that only cuts through the top hard layers of the cast and doesn't go through to the foamy layers that are next to your skin. Certainly can't take the cast on and off like the velcro boot things.

It being purple is nothing special, many ordinary NHS plaster rooms routinely offer about 16 different colours these days, to whoever wants them adults included, I haven't seen glitter before but maybe they do that for kids. Would have thought it would just rub off when you're in bed and make a right mess of your sheets!
A kid at our school had a pink one with glitter...from what she was saying they chuck the glitter on when it's still damp.

I'm not a robot

hang on, i thought she was previously diagnosed with COPD? i remember hearing that and thinking amy wouldn’t last the rest of the year, and yet...
IPF can frequently present as a form of COPD until it's investigated further. You can live for years with COPD, but IPF is life a life limiting condtion, hence being regarded as terminal

littleladyv

Has she just posted a story about breaking her feet complete with video from the hospital? Linking to you tube? ( I haven’t watched you tube video I can’t listen to her voice)

gashers

Chatty Member
Yes I thought that was complete pot/ kettle 😂 - how many driving fines and bans has she had? more than children and she's got enough of them too!

Can't believe they laid into that guy for something so minor, I thought he must have said something awful about Harvey or one of the other kids. Clearly he touched a nerve though :ROFLMAO:
What did he ask?

conrea37

VIP Member
A cast like that has to be sawn off, they use a special mini circular saw with a flexible blade that only cuts through the top hard layers of the cast and doesn't go through to the foamy layers that are next to your skin. Certainly can't take the cast on and off like the velcro boot things.

It being purple is nothing special, many ordinary NHS plaster rooms routinely offer about 16 different colours these days, to whoever wants them adults included, I haven't seen glitter before but maybe they do that for kids. Would have thought it would just rub off when you're in bed and make a right mess of your sheets!
When I broke my arm 20 years ago I had the same purple cast, though no glitter!