Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
As attractive as her travel content can be (though also very twee and non-representative of family life), how many of us really want to sit and look at someone else’s travel highlights right now? First week back at work after Christmas, I’ve done 4 full days this week, had two kids back at school (not without issue for either of them), it’s dark when I wake up, dark when I leave work, cold, windy and rainy 90% of the time, and I’m completely skint.

I have absolutely zero interest in spending my evening looking at photos of her and her kids in swimwear, watching sunsets and pissing about on boats 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I feel like she’s gone into far too much detail about the stomach bug for it to be a stomach bug. I just think there’s more to it.

Reactions: 20

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
Yet another smug “surreal” holiday of a lifetime no doubt
Wonder if she will upgrade to premium like last time for just a few extra thousand quid - always relatable
“We hope you’ll enjoy following along”

Yeah, there’s nothing I like better than watching other people’s kids enjoying experiences I can’t afford to give my own 👍🏻 always surprised this influencer culture hasn’t dried up yet, it’s long since had its day.

Also, odd time to go given the kids will be due back at school soon? Mine are back in 6 days - presumably they’ll be in Thailand longer than that…

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Mrslollypop

VIP Member
6A8F0C1C-363F-416F-A69F-4CF1C8A64DD2.png

God I cannot stand these wanky grazing boards- I mean what is the actual point? Sit down to this display and then you’re all going to need to go through to the kitchen to toast the hot cross buns and brioche. Who eats circle shaped slices of orange with the skin on?

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Effeffess

The faux-humbleness is what gets me. Oh, all I do is take my kids to football... oops, somehow I'm in New York but don't be jealous because I came here without anyone to hold my hand (even though I'm a middle aged woman) and I even paid for one night in a $$$ hotel - what a martyr.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Rachybat

I’m pretty certain I spotted one of her daughters and her husband at Universal today outside the Minion ride. I spotted the girl first and thought “she looks familiar?” Then realised who she was. The fact I spotted her in a park full of thousands shows you how wrong the influencers/involving your kids really is.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

Bumble2019

VIP Member
I can’t see her reply to the criticism? What did she say?
She said something like “if you wanted to make me feel even worse then you’ve succeeded. I never understand why faceless people judge others on the internet” etc etc…”at least I don’t leave horrible comments on people’s accounts so I must be doing something right”.

She’s so childish!!!
---
Someone else critised her for writing a 5 page post saying “who do you think you are explaining in a 5 page post you’re not running the marathon - who do you think you are the queen”!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
My favourite part of the reel was this - when she’s out for the day on her own and presumably put her phone on the ground to film herself walking by?

18C1D7F6-C82D-4F88-9FCE-166EADB0D098.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
I’m pretty certain I spotted one of her daughters and her husband at Universal today outside the Minion ride. I spotted the girl first and thought “she looks familiar?” Then realised who she was. The fact I spotted her in a park full of thousands shows you how wrong the influencers/involving your kids really is.
Katie can claim she’s now respecting their privacy by not showing their bedrooms etc but a free holiday comes and BOOM, faces everywhere. It’s quite terrifying these kids are oblivious to the fact that strangers from the internet know their names, dates of birth (thanks for all the smushy birthday posts) plus their hobbies and quite often stories enable you to find out what time they go to clubs (sitting in the car waiting etc) and now exactly where they are on holiday (hello empty house!)
God forbid anyone pieced this information together for a sinister motive. Schools are teaching kids to do the opposite of what influencer parents do!!! Maybe they need the lessons in online safety

• Wow

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
Every single comment on her latest reel (ad for innocent smoothies) is just another influencer going ‘omg my little one loves them too!’ It’s all just one big pyramid scheme isn’t it?

Iamnotarobot

I personally would not allow complete strangers to take a photograph of my child in a foreign country because he is ‘blond.’

• Heart
Reactions: 15

mindlesswaffle

I honestly can’t believe she has cancelled agin. I know things happen but what happened to all the money she fundraised the first time for make a wish. Did she actually give it to the charity?

I knew she was going to not run when she was moaning about her foot hurting for weeks. Also some people get so anxious about things they start throwing up or have an upset stomach. I guarantee she probably just has nerves. If she chooses to do it again I think she should keep it quiet as it’s getting ridiculous now the amount she applies and then doesn’t run it. Isn’t this the 3rd time she has not run now? Also maybe do some smaller events first.

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I don’t usually post on her threads but saw her post this morning and all I could think was that if she genuinely was ill with a stomach bug then why go and spread it around all the other people doing the marathon? Even if she felt ok, she says she had been throwing up etc and that she had caught it from her kid so she knowing went out and spread a contagious bug? WTF

Starry_eyed_pie

Chatty Member
The wording of that winds me up … ‘kindly’ …no.. they are giving you freebies and the expectation is that you promote them. It’s not out of the goodness of their hearts 🙈 irritating
I can never understand why Disney or Visit Orlando need to pay/gift in exchange for content and advertising. Like, it's Disney!! If you're into it, you'll go. From what I hear, the parks are rammed to the limit ATM so the company are clearly not suffering.

Whilst her travel content is always enjoyable, surely her and her 3 kids jumping from the airport to Hollywood Studios isn't going to convince anyone who was on the fence to fork out £10k. Esp if they stop to consider that the Ellison's have not spent a penny to go to WDW.

• Heart

MissSunshine

This is what I do not understand about ‘influencers’ she won’t show their bedrooms as it’s their personal space etc etc but she’s happy to post them, their faces and everything else about them all over her Instagram. How does that make any sense?! 🤯

• Heart

Bumble2019

VIP Member
I can’t believe she collected her number, took all the photos uploaded them to her grid THEN decided she was too ill. I hope they ban her for being a complete and utter liar and time waster.

• Haha

gee13

VIP Member
Feel like people who can't afford holidays end up paying double the price so these entitled rich people can get them for free. It's so unfair. Especially when it's more than once a year!

Reactions: 14

Happyparrot

She’s always come across a bit unorganised, sending the kids to school in the wrong outfit, forgetting hair cuts etc.

She said the other day that Lottie is going to high school next year, isn’t she starting high school this year?
I tend to think the opposite-she always looks immaculate and the kids look lovely too. Her house is beautiful and spotless, she’s organised enough to get her kids to all these clubs, cooks proper meals, books and creates detailed holiday itineraries, manages her household and works. These are all things I struggle with terribly. I know everyone is different in now they experience ADHD and social media is very curated… but I was baffled by the idea that she has ADHD. It’s most definitely a disability and not a superpower.

• Heart

Rainbow Blossom

The wording of that winds me up … ‘kindly’ …no.. they are giving you freebies and the expectation is that you promote them. It’s not out of the goodness of their hearts 🙈 irritating