Katie Ellison #4 Talking about books and trying on clothes. As exciting as Katie’s content goes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally would not allow complete strangers to take a photograph of my child in a foreign country because he is ‘blond.’

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I personally would not allow complete strangers to take a photograph of my child in a foreign country because he is ‘blond.’
Totally! This is so weird, I wouldn’t let a stranger have a photo of my child under any circumstances but then Katie pimps her kids out online every day so she doesn’t really give a tit for their protection

Reactions: 7
The kids looks miserable. I bet there's some sneaky mcdonalds being had that she's not documenting.

Reactions: 6
When my white blonde children were seen learning to ride their bikes by a huge group of Asian tourists, they all started taking photos of them (presumably because of their hair!).
It did make my kids day learning to ride their bike feel really special to them as they thought it was for that!

I too had noticed the headband on the middle child. It isn’t the nicest. Is that the football girl as those type of headbands are common at football?
My second guess knowing lots of girls about that age is that she cut her “baby hairs” or “fringe” off and obv the growback needs covering.

The older daughter was wearing the same headband when she was growing out her fringe. Looked stupid. Now the middle child appears to be doing the same. Can’t imagine it’s comfortable for them having to wear it all day, every day.

Reactions: 3
Love that someone has commented on the negative environmental impact of the lantern release. Glad that Katie has accepted the comment, unsure if I believe she didn't realise how bad they were for the environment.

Love that someone has commented on the negative environmental impact of the lantern release. Glad that Katie has accepted the comment, unsure if I believe she didn't realise how bad they were for the environment.
I felt like her original comment on them in the post suggested she knew they were bad but had a “when in Rome” type moment of “well it’s what they do here at new year”.

Reactions: 5
The older daughter was wearing the same headband when she was growing out her fringe. Looked stupid. Now the middle child appears to be doing the same. Can’t imagine it’s comfortable for them having to wear it all day, every day.
Oh I always assumed it was a football thing as they've both been wearing them for ages! They do seem to idolise a lot of the women players.

I must say, I do respect Katie for letting the girls wear what they want rather than forcing them into twee girly/matching outfits for the gram.

Reactions: 4
It’s 2024, everyone knows how irresponsible and dangerous they are to wildlife. She’s a Dick.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Also, who could be arsed replying to all those messages on holiday? I could kinda justify if it was a fly and flip holiday but not an adventure one

Also, who could be arsed replying to all those messages on holiday? I could kinda justify if it was a fly and flip holiday but not an adventure one
Or telling everyone how she’s read 20 books etc. surely that drivel can wait until she gets back?!

Reactions: 6
Or telling everyone how she’s read 20 books etc. surely that drivel can wait until she gets back?!
For a woman who doesn’t work outside the home, spends hours sitting in cars watching her kids do sport, 20 books in a year is woeful. Fine if your intention wasn’t to read books but that was her actual intention!

• Haha
For a woman who doesn’t work outside the home, spends hours sitting in cars watching her kids do sport, 20 books in a year is woeful. Fine if your intention wasn’t to read books but that was her actual intention!
I had no book goal this year but totted them up after seeing Katie’s round up. I’ve read 34 (a lot of them big fat 30-50 hour ones (well, that’s what my kindle tells me). That’s without taking into account my audible books 😅.
And that’s with a busy work/home life.
What is she doing all these free hours?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
As attractive as her travel content can be (though also very twee and non-representative of family life), how many of us really want to sit and look at someone else’s travel highlights right now? First week back at work after Christmas, I’ve done 4 full days this week, had two kids back at school (not without issue for either of them), it’s dark when I wake up, dark when I leave work, cold, windy and rainy 90% of the time, and I’m completely skint.

I have absolutely zero interest in spending my evening looking at photos of her and her kids in swimwear, watching sunsets and pissing about on boats 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 29
As attractive as her travel content can be (though also very twee and non-representative of family life), how many of us really want to sit and look at someone else’s travel highlights right now? First week back at work after Christmas, I’ve done 4 full days this week, had two kids back at school (not without issue for either of them), it’s dark when I wake up, dark when I leave work, cold, windy and rainy 90% of the time, and I’m completely skint.

I have absolutely zero interest in spending my evening looking at photos of her and her kids in swimwear, watching sunsets and pissing about on boats 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think the low like numbers on her grid say the same!

Spot on. 👏 👏

Reactions: 8
I think it’s the same story for a lot of influencers. Post covid, I was glad of the escapism and happy to holiday vicariously through them, hoping to do the same myself soon (Disney, etc)
The reality is that I can’t afford to and likely won’t be able to afford to for the foreseeable (despite working hard), so I’ve unsubscribed from them all, as it feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth and utterly unrelatable.

Reactions: 14
I think it’s the same story for a lot of influencers. Post covid, I was glad of the escapism and happy to holiday vicariously through them, hoping to do the same myself soon (Disney, etc)
The reality is that I can’t afford to and likely won’t be able to afford to for the foreseeable (despite working hard), so I’ve unsubscribed from them all, as it feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth and utterly unrelatable.
Yeah, I think that’s true. With the current economic climate, it’s just not feasible for a lot of REALLY hardworking families to go away at all, especially during school holidays and/or to exotic locations.

Where it may once have been exciting and inspiring to watch other people’s holidays and use their ideas to plan your own, when you are struggling just to live and holidays are unattainable for the foreseeable, it becomes less enjoyable.

I work 45 hour weeks in quite a physical, tiring job and take home under £800 a month. I struggle to afford the basics most weeks and, despite my hard work, my children won’t get a holiday this year. I would therefore rather not spend my free time watching other people spoil their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 9