Katie Ellison #4 Talking about books and trying on clothes. As exciting as Katie’s content goes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whether she makes decent travel content or not it’s still a bit of a kick in the teeth when a family that can clearly afford their own trips already is given a freebie.

Reactions: 12
Whether she makes decent travel content or not it’s still a bit of a kick in the teeth when a family that can clearly afford their own trips already is given a freebie.
Her free trips are just obscene money. Like the football camp one. Who is she trying to appeal to esp in this climate?
£1200 a night? Who is paying over 8k for a weeks holiday?!

Reactions: 10
Feel like people who can't afford holidays end up paying double the price so these entitled rich people can get them for free. It's so unfair. Especially when it's more than once a year!

Reactions: 14
The ASA are pretty clear that 'pr stay' isn't good enough - it's an ad. Reported.

Reactions: 11
I enjoy travel content, but content about an all inclusive in Corfu isn’t really going to provide anything helpful. The information will only be helpful to those staying at that exact hotel. This is the kind of content I actually find quite boring, the travel influencers I enjoy are more focused on the place they’re visiting than the place they’re staying in if that makes sense.

Reactions: 12
Her stories say she has not been paid for this trip… but surely it’s a bloody free holiday
PR stay what nonsense
If she wasn’t given this holiday they probably wouldn’t even go to AI anyway

Reactions: 8
Yeah she’s playing around with phrasing a bit I think, the hotel stay is free, so not money directly in her pocket, but obviously indirect savings as she’s not paying for accommodation.

Reactions: 8
The fact it’s so unclear what she’s paid for/got for free, proves she needs to be transparent as per ASA

Reactions: 5
She said they were told the fires in Corfu were arson..she knows as well as us that’s bull she’s been told to say as not to damage the illusion on her little PR trip thing. I actually think it’s in really bad taste to be promoting it at the moment

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yea, terribly timed! Her replies are so dismissive about it too. It’s an interesting insight into influencer culture really, because I am convinced that if she wasn’t being paid/gifted/whatever, her responses would have been different. Instead she’s trying to gloss over and ignore very real problems in Greece for the sake of her AD, which feels so icky.

Doesn’t matter. The ASA are very specific, there is a business relationship with the brand and it needs to be disclosed at the start of the caption. Readers need to be able to make a decision as to whether they want to read the caption since it is an ad, before they read it. Burying a hashtag at the end is not enough, and ignoring what is going on in Greece is going to backfire on her

Yea, terribly timed! Her replies are so dismissive about it too. It’s an interesting insight into influencer culture really, because I am convinced that if she wasn’t being paid/gifted/whatever, her responses would have been different. Instead she’s trying to gloss over and ignore very real problems in Greece for the sake of her AD, which feels so icky.
Probably doesn’t want to confront the fact that their flights to Greece for a non-compulsory leisure stay are contributing towards the pollution that’s bleeping the world up right now. Sure, it’s arson not climate change 🙄

Reactions: 4
Her latest post says they’re staying at that resort “as part of a PR stay” which implies there’s more to it than just the freebie accommodation?

Reactions: 3
The travel company she used (after years of DIY-ing great holidays... Why would you use a travel company for an AI resort?!) commented, and when I checked their page, they sent another influencer to the same resort *pr stay a few weeks ago. Her posts were almost word for word the same as Katie's too.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Yeah I don’t think she’s being entirely clear about her working relationship with the travel agency. And considering Katie loves planning trips, it seems disingenuous to plug a travel company for an all inclusive, which is surely when you absolutely do not need a third party to help plan 🤣.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Today average holiday content this time, they’re bloody lucky to have got a freebie for a fee shots of the pools and them having some lovely family time 🙄 anyone can do that.

Reactions: 3