Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

acorns56

I’m struggling with my new nose / but now I’m posting loads of pictures of myself
I have a capsule wardrobe / but I buy lots of expensive items
I make my living from telling people they are enough ( but I can get surgery, Botox, teeth whitening, extensions because I’ve suffered trauma
I lead a simple life / but really I don’t because I go on multiple trips, weekends away and holidays
I rent a cottage / but I won’t be tell you about the arrangement I have which enables me ri renovate it
You should get a rescue dog / but I won’t as it probably didn’t suit my brand
I’ll be honest / but only when it suits me

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

snarkvark

VIP Member
it's wild to me that she did a 180 on her personality and turned herself into a new person with baggy sack like dresses and woo-woo cottage life that ended up damaging her marriage..... only to do yet another 180 a mere few months after the separation back to her old self complete with all the clothes, beauty treatments and now nose job!

this woman is clearly very unhappy and all that therapy obviously isn't helping. all those clothes, cosmetic proceedures, home renovations, horses and brand deals isn't going to fix whatever mental health issues she has

There is zero accountability for her hypocrisy
it's the same with maddie olivia. they both do exactly the same thing. claim to be minimalist, sustainable, vegan. write blog posts, instagram captions, and write books about the lifestyle..... only to contradict that with their actions. then they get upset when people point out the hypocrisy.

it';s what frustrates me the most with these influencers. I guess saying these are only trolls and haters helps them ignore their blatant lies and hypocrisy. they can justify it to themselves because "these people are just hating on me".

that's why jess's newsletter rubbed me the wrong way. it was hundreds of words justifying her decision and basically saying "if you crticise me then you're a misogynistic hater" and that's blatantly ignoring all the very valid points people have raised about why getting a nose job when you're shilling a lifestyle a bout "being enough" and living a simple unmaterialistic lifestyle are completely justified.

I hate it. because these people will never listen to any criticism they receive because they're too insecure to accept that maybe MAYBE they might be being a huge hypocrite by getting cosmetic surgery when they talk about "being enough," when they buy wool and leather or promote steakhouses when they've said they're vegan, when they buy countless things online and accept lots of pr gifts when they built a career off of minimalism and telling people to declutter.

all of it is bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
As more time goes by I am convinced her financial situation is something along the lines of: she took a sizeable divorce settlement (eg 300k) but it wasn’t enough for her to outright buy a property of her liking (or leave enough left over for reno) and she didn’t have enough of a reliable income history/projection to secure a mortgage for the remainder.

That huge lump sum is now burning a hole in her pocket and rather than investing it in something that will actually lead to a secure, independent future (eg use it to train in a qualification leading to a salaried income) she is squandering it on botched nose jobs, face filler, overpriced cardigans, European jaunts etc for the gram in the hopes it will all lead to landing rich husband #2. The ‘one day my prince will come’ fantasy in real time.

And she may well land her fish but at what cost? It’s crazy she has the means to live a meaningful, fulfilled life but is instead persisting with going down this route? And the kicker is she wrote a book called Enough 🤣

Reactions: 11

TeddysEquine

Jess doesn’t live in Edensor - she lives in Longstone - she hasn’t paid for all the reno - her landlord has and she’s had very little say in how it’s been executed in spite of what she would have you believe.
She holidays with her mother.
Her real dad sacked her off when he found out she used him to cash in on him and their story.
And I hope she does read these messages because her lies are going to catch up with her - what she won’t want people to know is that she and her mother have recently been caught shoplifting from a high profile equestrian shop. It’s not public knowledge but enough people know about it to verify it’s truth.
She’s a shameful human being portraying herself out to be the girl next door when she’s really a fraud and a thief. She should be ashamed - why not do everyone a favour and tell the truth for one time in your whole life instead of filling everybody with false truths about the wholesome sustainable person you’ve become.

• Wow
Reactions: 11

snarkvark

VIP Member
I have so much to say about Jess's nose job and subsequent post about it.

Firstly, I think she only came clean because she reads here and knows people had guessed what was up. I think she would have kept it quiet for a lot longer if we hadn't figured it out. She always goes on about "not talking about things until she's out hte other side" and it's obvious she's still processing the disappointment of her nose job. She's only talking about it because if she didn't then people would think she's being deceptive, which she has been////

Secondly, her entire newsletter was an attempt to guilt people into feeling sorry for her and to not criticise her for having cosmetic surgery. there were all kinds of excuses as to why she got the nose job. the worse one that really annoyed me was her saying that if anyone criticises her for having a nose job then they're misogynistic. and that's bullshit.

the issue isn't that she had cosmetic surgery. it's that she literally wrote a book called "enough" and constantly goes on about self-love.... what a hypocrite!!! she's obvi0usly not learned a single thing from the years of therapy she's being having.

it's the same issue with her minimalism, veganism and sustainability. it's all bullshit and for show. She's happy to cash in on writing about these things without commiting to acting living the life she shills... but then when anyone points out the hypocrisy suddenly they're misogynistic?? it doesn't work like that! it's absolutely justified for us to criticise her for preaching one thing and doing the exact opposite.

I feel sorry for jess. her dad is awful and she's gone through a lot the last couple of years...... but I also think she needs to take responsibility for her actions and stop blaming her dad or her mental health for these bad decisions. If she's going to be writing about self-love then she needs to step up and live by what she preaches.

and now she's going to paris for a month... and leaving her dog behind! What the actual fuck?? it's so easy to take a dog to Europe. they're allowed on the EuroTunnel. it's cheap (especially for someone who has the money to renovate someone else's house, get a nose job, hair extentions, botox and buy clothes every month...) and the paperwork is simple. there's literally no reason to leave her dog behind for that long.

this whole situation makes me realise how selfish she is. maybe she isn't that different from her family after all.

girl needs to step away from the internet for a while and acutally work on herself. although I feel bad for her, I also think this is a lesson learned the hard way and she deserved to learn it. maybe the shock will make her actually do the work of self-love and work through all the issues she has. the nose job looks bad and I hope she realises that her face wasn't and isn't the problem, her mental health is and no amount of cosmetic surgery can fix that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

stinkytink

Chatty Member
so I just watched the blog and she says the hair’s been “willingly donated.” I’ve heard of the company, and don’t think it’s one of the reeeeaaaallly bad ones that does the orphanage stuff. HOWEVER, these people didn’t donate hair. They sold it. She misspoke. And remember that people don’t sell their hair for shits and giggles. They mostly do it because they’re poor. If you were wealthy enough and cut your hair, you really would donate it to a charity that makes wigs for cancer patients or something.

I find it so gross that she’s wearing another humans hair, that they probably sold because of their economic situation, to make herself feel perfect. That’s hardly embodying the idea of being “enough.” Ugh

Blockster

The first part of her vlog where she's filming herself eating cakes is so Carrie Bradshaw when she was alone in Paris.
I think Jessica looks really sad behind the eyes and I do actually feel sorry for her, she seems very lonely and lost and her nose looks awful, that's got to hurt her self esteem.
Someone said she should get a job, I agree, put the camera down, come off social media and actually live a real life not one where she's Emily in Paris or waiting for Mr Big to appear.

ginnys

What is she chasing exactly? The irony given her book title is that nothing is ever really enough for her. She is always changing SOMETHING because she thinks it will make her happier, but wraps it up in this faux therapeutic narrative that justifies it to herself. Like if every change is surrounded by some deep and meaningful reflection then it gives her the validation she needs, when ultimately it’s the same old consumerism-for-dopamine and “more more more” culture but in a different package.

It feels like she just needs to be still for a moment and sit with whatever it is that makes her feel so dissatisfied with her life all the time. It’s the classic “it’ll be better when” attitude. Constantly. And I actually feel so sorry for her because no matter how much she changes I don’t think it will ever truly be enough for her to be content.

She popped up on my YouTube feed the other day and I just had to giggle. Hair extensions, wtf?

The other "slow living" accounts I'm following are talking about dealing with loneliness, growing herb gardens... And then there's our Jess - stealing fancy horse supplies and getting her hair done. It's The Real Housewives of the Peak District, the slow living edition.

Not that I mind what a woman does with her hair. But it doesn't exactly fit in with her message.

And of course I still suspect that Jason cheated on her. And now she's feeling insecure and trying to regain some of her self worth. Which for her isn't based on silly things like books - but always on appearances.

Reactions: 9

acorns56

Her Dad seems horrendous, no one would dispute that. She seems extremely fragile and that’s sad, but like people have said, throw in a bad nose job and it’s asking for mental anguish. I felt the comment about her desire to travel being shut down by her ex husband quite bitter. They did travel, they definitely went on many holidays. I’m sure he had to also prioritise travel with his children too. She also said many times that she persuaded him to move to the cottage so he can’t have been that selfish. Just because he didn’t want to do all the same things she did doesn’t make him horrible or controlling. I appreciate there may be much more to it but I thought her comment was snarky 🙄

Brunette7

Jess is full of fucking shit. A dangerous, stupid charlatan who preys on other potentially vulnerable people who are genuinely trying to improve themselves when all she's been ungratefully given has been handed to her on a plate. Due to the lies she spews I would take those apparent texts from her dad as a pinch of salt. As another poster said if you can lie about cancer, then it's not a long stretch of the imagination to belive she sent those herself to fit a narrative.

Fully expect her to end up in Abu Dhabi or somewhere basically selling herself for a lifestyle. She's now mid thirties with no job, a boring life and a botched nose. If she wants to marry rich again her choices are running out. Men will see straight through her, hence no 2nd dates........

Sorry if this seems harsh, I've followed her from the start and it's like a veil slowly being lifted over time. All the people who have commented who actually have some knowledge about her have all said the same.

snarkvark

VIP Member
Is she joking by posting that Reel about "everyone on the internet looking the same"???

Jess, you've literally changed your appearance with cosmetic surgery, hair extensions and microblading!! You're morphing yourself into a generic blonde haired white woman and then have the cheek to repost a video asking why people all look the same.

This is why I get so frustrated and fed up with her. She does one thing and says another.

Maybe don't try to build a career about self-love and simple living if you're not going to stick to your principles. Fucking ridiculous.

Doesn't she realise how hypocritical she is?

MargaritaMay

Her immediate regret sounds like she went into this so naively... again, she's 34 or 35! It's not like she was a silly 22 year-old regretting a spontaeous decision! She was surprised to not recognise herself in a mirror?! Well...yeah, that's what you'd expect after an invasive cosmetic procedure....what else.
(reminds me of her tattoos. She regrets them and wants them removed, too).
Personally I didn't like some of my own facial features either when I was younger... also my nose, my big forehead... but most people grow to appreciate their natural beauty as they get older. I would never do anything to my face now, except taking care of my health and good skincare, as we inherit our features from our ancestors from centuries ago, which is truly fascinating I think. But, I get it, maybe if she had such abusive relatives and difficult relatioships with them, maybe then you want to change your look on purpose? I don't know. I used to always find her quite pretty and photogenic, too.

Of course, you can do what you want, whatever, plastic surgery is legal and legitimate, a personal decision. But then dont's write and sell a freaking BOOK called "ENOUGH" and sell your followers a principle of living a "simple", humble and efficient lifestyle and being easy on yourself and your wellbeing! 😠 As all of you already mentioned... that's so so annoying. Same with the hair extensions, then this. But she'll do whole quiet, aesthetic video on her "minimal skicare routine", using only two simlpe products, etc. while planning an invasive, serious face reconstruction behind the scenes... 😒😒

IMO, part of pet ownership is that you are now responsible for that animals life, it’s your dependent. And therefore there are certain things that are now not open to you in life, eg going to live somewhere else for a month.

Apart from the responsibility aspect, sorry but how can you be happy to be voluntarily separate from your pet for that long? Is she not bonded properly to her dog? I hate being away from my cat for short trips, to choose to be away that long is insane to me. She will be her dog’s entire world 😓
As a dog mom, who loves to travel, I very much agree! A dog is a huge responsibility and it does affect your lifestyle. We only go on holidays now by car, preferably in nature and try not to fly. We don't go out to each that much, as to not leave the dog alone too much.

Last edited:

Brunette7

I think shes mentally unwell to lie like this.

On another note the outfit she posted the other way was well over £800 in total, don't even think I included the Stella mccartney handbag.

People need to wake up to this charlatan. She's not simple slow living guru, just a basic bitch with bad plastics who thinks it's OK to abandon a dog for a whim around Paris, reject a rescue greyhound, chase after a prewarned father, and ditch her husband for him, and blow tons of money on "curated" wardrobes that she changes every month and spunk money renovating a "rented" home.

Jess thinks she's some sort of country jilly cooper type clashed with SATC, except her writing is shit.

if she had a brain she'd be dangerous. If people buy her story - and worse pay for it - more fool them.

There is no advice she could give me that I'd want to take.

TruthBeTold321

She was the popular girl, the IT girl at school and to be honest she was a real bully. She’d be nice if she wanted something but otherwise would walk all over you to get what she wanted. I was bullied for a number of years by her as a teen as were many others, so when I came across her insta a couple of years ago and saw this person who was completely different and promoting personal growth and simple living I genuinely wanted to give her the benefit of having grown up and no longer being that person. After all none of us are who we were when we were teenagers right? The house was beautiful, the capsule wardrobe concept was intriguing but it didn’t really tell anything you couldn’t already work out for yourself and all of the clothes seem ridiculously expensive when you looked them up, on the internet she appeared to be living the dream life and good for her I thought, but the more time has gone on the more frustrated I’ve become by her portrayal of who she is and a lot of things are not explained as they should be.
she has talked a lot about the right to not want children and not want to be a mum, but she has step children and I think it’s awful to not acknowledge them as your own or that you have any sort of love or feeling for them. That’s just my opinion but she makes out like they don’t exist.
She had precancerous cells on her cervical smear that had to be removed - she didn’t have full blown cervical cancer like she makes out, no chemo, no radiotherapy, just a simple procedure that many many people undergo day in and out but seems to have exaggerated things to make people believe otherwise.
she made out that post cervical cancer she couldn’t conceive yet a few weeks ago she posted an add for a natural contraception and fertility tracker that she’s used for years???
She had abortions at school and bragged to friends about it. There are many people around who know about this.
The story about being sexually abused - not saying it’s not true and I hope it’s not because this would be awful for anyone to go through, but it’s not something anybody was ever aware of growing up and it seems to have come out of nowhere seen as she has a book to promote - it’s never ever been mentioned before and I’m skeptical why now.
She’s ditched all of her school friends because they all know the real her - stated it was because she had grown and changed - when in reality she wanted to grow a brand of something entirely different and didn’t want them to spoil it for her.
she talks about minimilism and sustainability but drives around in an £80k horse box.
Under the crooks of it all I am saddened actually that she has fooled so many people into thinking she’s a genuine character and that she’s changed from who and what she was when she was younger, when truth be told, I’m sad to say she’s the same that she’s always been, but she’s just got better at manipulating people.

• Wow

snarkvark

VIP Member
Watching jess's latest vlog and some thoughts.......

(hi jess, I know you read here. that's obvious from what you've said in your video!)

her nose looks worse on camera! the swelling has mostly gone by the looks of it (despite jess trying to convince herself there's still swelling) and it looks very upturned and wonky. yikes! no wonder she's disappointed with the results and hoping it'll "heal straight" eventually........ the video really shows off how much it's completely changed her face, I'm shocked. when she turned her head to the wonky size I literally gasped 😱

what I hate is that she's trying to combat the criticism of being called a hypocrite. someone even commented that even though she wrote a book called "enough" and promotes self-love, that doesn't mean jess can't grow and change...... and yeah, that's true. but getting a nose job isn't "growing and changing"!! it's being hypocritical because she made a living off promoting self-acceptance. it's such bullshit and she's just in denial about the hypocrisy of it all.

surely the fact that she was convinced "everyone was going to disappear" and she was going to lose her followers should have been a red flag for her to realise that maybe the cosmetic surgery was a questionable decision? I do feel bad for jess because changing your face and then not being happy with it must be devastating. it's a tough lesson to learn because you can't change it back! the damage is done.

and like she always does when she feels insecure, she reveals information about her life so people feel sorry for her. it's a trend I've noticed jess does every single time she has something to sell or feels insecure about something. release a ittle tit bit of information about her life (the divorce, her dad, her "cancer", her cosmetic surgery, her self harm, her eating disorder, etc. etc.) to get sympathy and to avoid facing any accountability for her hypocrisy or lies. you can go through really tough stuff and still be a total ass (also because she lied about having cancer, I don't really believe much of anything else she says)

I find it infuriating that she's now refering to her bad relationship with her dad as "grooming"!!! just like the whole "cancer" situation, she's exaggerating at best and making up lies at worse. she didn't have cancer and her dad didn't groom her. it's taking language from a very serious and specific situation and applying it to her dad who, seems like a real piece of shit, but is she seriously saying her dad sexually assaulted her as an adult??? I'm just not buying it. I don't doubt her manipulated her, maybe got money out of her, lied to her, etc. etc. but sexual assult? if that's true she needs to go to the police not film a vlog about it.........

she calls her dad a narcissist but I also think jess is showing those traits...

• Heart

Abc802

The stuff about her dad is horrifying and I am empathetic towards her but I also find it shocking that she was naive enough to think this was a good idea and would fix her problems.
But overall it just makes me sad as such a good demonstration of just how much the lie is sold to women that their natural face/body isn't good enough and that cosmetic surgery is an automatic solution, and not like a serious medical procedure with real risks during and after, and the outcome is not guaranteed to be what you want, and even if you're happy with the result your insecurities will very likely just shift to some other part of the body.

Reactions: 8
I’ve followed the Jack Monroe thread on here for quite a while and everything Jess does seems to come from JM’s handbook.
Allude to abuse
Use a Dog to increase likes and for content
Downsizing to a one bed flat
Bullied
Eating disorder
Illness that is exaggerated and Elevenerifing every aspect of her on life ‘back story’
And I couldn’t help but wonder how her writing style has become more like Carrie Bradshaw but her being locked out of her AirBnb is pure Emily in Paris.
The crunch came for me when she said she walked past her old apartment in Paris, as though she had been an actual tenant or owner not just in an Airbnb for a month! I can now say confidently that I had an apartment in NYC, Malaga, Madeira, infact
That beach cover up she’s wearing as a dress for thirst shots is very inappropriate for everyday wear. It’s a beach cover up, no one swims in the Seine?
Why does no one question it?
Horse of the year and just dropped it, just left the horses. I’m totally disillusioned.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
There is zero accountability for her hypocrisy and she hides under the umbrella of ‘choice feminism’ to justify herself & gain sympathy.

Her latest selfies are so odd too. I mean her face is so frozen now but there’s something off besides that. Her eyes are so blank. This is a woman unhealthily obsessed with her image.